Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'Trekkies' on Sky next week?

Options
  • 12-08-2005 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed this prog will be on sky one next week (16Aug). I was wondering is that the Roger Nygard documentary featuring Denise Crosby or something totally different? The runtime of just one hour would suggest to me that it's not the Nygard doc. However, perhaps it is and it'll be split up over a number or nights?

Any info gratefully recieved

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

Trekkies on Sky One

Next showing: 2005-08-16 at 20:00 - 21:00
    Documentary exploring the world of Star Trek fans. The film looks at some of the more eccentric aficionados of the TV series, and former members of the cast recount their odd or unusual encounters with the show's devoted followers. Narrated by Denise Crosby

Next showing: 2005-08-20 at 20:00 - 21:00
    Documentary exploring the world of Star Trek fans. The film looks at some of the more eccentric aficionados of the TV series, and former members of the cast recount their odd or unusual encounters with the show's devoted followers. Narrated by Denise Crosby

Next showing: 2005-08-21 at 20:00 - 21:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I've seen these in the States... DVD's on a particular Trekkies life and obsession. Made me laugh alot, not because i think i'm better than them, just because i remember being alot like that =)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

aye was very disappointed with this showing, it was cut to ribbons to fit into the hour slot

Could have shown the whole thing at least

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

That was a bit of a let down!

Apparntly in it's full form Trekkies is a lot harsher on some of the participants especially the woman 'spiner fem'. I heard the full version shows her (amongst other things) stalking Brent outside his home and talking something like 200 photographs of him at a convention.

That version of it last night was so tame it looked like it was actually constructed by the interviewee's themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Some very odd people on that show dressing as a klingon and buying a 1200 dollor bit of shaped rubber isnt the oddest thing that happened and thats saying something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I seen it a few years ago when they showed it on Sky Movies.

Isn't there a Trekkies 2 in the works, or is it already out?

You've gotta love the dentist who had his whole surgery look like the Enterprise and forced all his staff to wear Star Fleet uniforms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Stevee

Does Damian Wise apperar in this documentary. Remember him Talking bout it a couple of years back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

I've seen the full length verison before but i enjoyed it none the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I never thought there was such a clear cut example of the word "Looser"

I mean seriously...theres fan and just fan to the point of retardation. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Yer one that went to a trial dressed in full gear was a bit freaky. She really was full into the whole thing. I would be afraid of someone like her. Really confident about it all. Always wears her phaser and communicator..even in a normal days work..strange indeed. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

She doesn't wear them at work, and yes Trekkies 2 has already been released, I have it on DVD. Trekkies 2 takes it around the world and shows the guy in the UK who converted his whole appartment into the innerds of a Starfleet ship, check out http://www.trekkies2.com

PS: I think I should be in Trekkies 3, considering the extreme retardedness of my website and said videos held therein :P

Advertisement