Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with power line adaptor

Options
  • 30-10-2020 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

I have the TPLink AV200 connected by ethernet to my modem/router and then I have a single 'node' elsewhere in the house connected over the wiring. All working perfectly.
    I am looking to add more modes but the AV200 is no longer available. Would other (later) tplink products work? I am thinking of TL-PA4010KIT for example.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/advice/2763-read-this-before-you-buy-a-tp-link-homeplug/#:~:text=A%3A%20TP%2DLink%20AV200%2C,all%20compatible%20with%20each%20other.
    Q: Are all TP-Link Powerline adapters compatible with each other?
    A: TP-Link AV200, AV500, AV600 Powerline adapters adopted HomePlug AV Standard, so they are compatible with each other. The TP-Link AV1200 adapters adopt HomePlug AV2, also backward compatible with HomePlug AV standard, which means TP-Link AV200, AV500, AV600, AV1200 are all compatible with each other.

However, the Powerline rate will drop to lowest ones rate when use different AV adapters together. For adapters of other brands, if they adopt the same standard, they should also be compatible with TP-Link adapters. However brands’ products will have different ways to pair and configure, it might be much easier to use adapters from the same brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Just an update. Could you recommend a node that works in the same way by using the power lines to transfer the internet but then broadcasts a wifi signal. I have a black spot in the house and i am looking to "plug" it. Thanks.

Advertisement