Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with audio buffering issues in Skype Webex etc.

Options
  • 29-10-2020 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

A few months ago I had Digiweb FTTH installed. It is blazingly fast and has a nice low ping.
    Recently however audio has started buffering in Skype and Webex calls. If the conference call contains a video feed it seems to be unaffected or at least I haven't noticed.

Digiweb supply a Fritzbox router with the install and from what I have read and found myself, it seems to be a pretty good router.

But to rule out the router as the cause of the fault, yesterday I configured a spare DD-WRT router I had here with the PPPOE and VLAN10 settings and the problem still persists, so that rules the router out.

I have now taken to moving the laptop connection to my phones hotspot before I enter a meeting as the audio does not buffer with it.

My laptop is wired to the router also.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this, or if there are any diagnostic tools I can run to see where on the network the issue may be?

I've raised a ticket with Digiweb but I am still waiting on them to get back to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I wonder if the Internet - Filters section of the Fritz!Box would help?

You should be able to give priority to the type of stream or application you are using.

I have not had need of this myself, so no practical advice available, sorry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

I wonder if the Internet - Filters section of the Fritz!Box would help?

You should be able to give priority to the type of stream or application you are using.

I have not had need of this myself, so no practical advice available, sorry. :)

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already tried giving VOIP/telephony priority and the issue still persists.

Have you a fritzbox with Digiweb?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

davkav wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion but I've already tried giving VOIP/telephony priority and the issue still persists.

Have you a fritzbox with Digiweb?

No, with Airwire.

Advertisement