Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spotify

• 11-10-2020 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭

I've just noticed that I was charged just under €10 by Spotify on my most recent credit card bill.

I've no recollection of signing up for this service, but a Spotify Icon appeared on the task bar of my PC a while back. I clicked on this the other day and received an email from Spotify asking me to confirm my account, to which I haven't responded.

This email is dated 6th October, while the charge on my credit card account is dated 24th September. I've no idea how or why this happened and I've absolutely no interest in having Spotify.

I presume I was somehow tricked into inadvertently signing up for a paid account, but I can't understand how they got my credit card details. Can I just cancel the service going forward and write off the €9.83 I was charged to experience? Or am I somehow locked into an ongoing commitment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭DopeTech

abff wrote: »
    I've just noticed that I was charged just under €10 by Spotify on my most recent credit card bill.

I've no recollection of signing up for this service, but a Spotify Icon appeared on the task bar of my PC a while back. I clicked on this the other day and received an email from Spotify asking me to confirm my account, to which I haven't responded.

This email is dated 6th October, while the charge on my credit card account is dated 24th September. I've no idea how or why this happened and I've absolutely no interest in having Spotify.

I presume I was somehow tricked into inadvertently signing up for a paid account, but I can't understand how they got my credit card details. Can I just cancel the service going forward and write off the €9.83 I was charged to experience? Or am I somehow locked into an ongoing commitment?

You don't be locked into any contract, you can cancel whenever. Any other family members have access to your laptop?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

DopeTech wrote: »
    You don't be locked into any contract, you can cancel whenever. Any other family members have access to your laptop?

Thanks DopeTech. Turns out my son signed up for it. D’oh!

Advertisement