Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UI Courses online

Options
  • 20-09-2020 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am a digital graphic designer with 10 years industry experience. I am looking to move into UI design, I already am familar with designing for apps and websites for some global brands but looking to see can anyone recommend any online courses that may be industry recognised and in depth with the theory side of UI design also, something to give me a good headstart and edge in the hiring process?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Install XCODE on your Mac / Android Studio and start making your own layouts based on their official YouTube videos. Coding for UI is actually very easy, you don't need any math.

You can also learn Twitter's bootstrap.

What I often do is take a Photoshop/Illustrator file from a designer and make it into UI code. It's a waste of my time as an engineer. I think a designer who can translate their design into usable code is a cut above. Also it shows that you work within the limitations of the platform so you're not going to break the whole layout to add some animated popup.

I don't like dealing with designers as they think of a mobile/desktop website layout as if it's a piece of paper, not an interactive thing. It needs to transition and animate nicely.

That's my 2 cents.

Advertisement