Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kickstarter thread

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I also see Blasphemous came out the other week; the pixel art still looks rich and creative, but by God it looks like a morbid, macabre slog. Not sure I could play something that's basically Catholicism on some heavy / tainted drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Holy necro-post Batman! It has been a while…

With the way the industry is at the moment, it's hardly surprising that crowd funding still has an important role to play in getting games from smaller studios made. This one in particular has caught my eye, and it might interest some of you too.

OnceLost Games are a new start-up founded by veterans from the early Elder Scrolls games. Their goal is to give the RPG genre a kick up the hole (my words, not theirs) by applying modern development standards and quality-of-life advancements to the design philosophy of classic role-playing games.

Lofty ambitions then, but if The Wayward Realms is going to use modern game tech to give me an experience more akin to Morrowind than Skyrim, then I'm interested in reading your pamphlet, OnceLost.

The Kickstarter begins on May 30th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I would be careful of kickstarter, read back over the first couple of pages and a lot of the games never got released/ the devs took the money and ran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I know the risks, and would hope everyone else does too. Thankfully any video game project I've backed thus far has come to fruition (Kingdom Come, Divinity, Pillars of Eternity), but there's always the first time of course.

Advertisement