Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI 2014 Thread

• 14-02-2014 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

The season is just 3 short weeks away so time for a new thread imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Hon the TOWN!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Can't come too soon!

Also, licenses awarded:

http://www.fai.ie/domestic-a-grassroots/airtricity-league/news/103759-club-licensing-committee-award-2014-licences.html

What's holding Cobh and Youths back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,024 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Really looking forward to getting started with Roddy at the helm.

Should be interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Can't come too soon!

Also, licenses awarded:

http://www.fai.ie/domestic-a-grassroots/airtricity-league/news/103759-club-licensing-committee-award-2014-licences.html

$$$dolla mista

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Ah well...c'mon Shels, promotion is not an option, it's a duty :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Good to see Yahoo.com covering some LOI stuff (via TheJournal): http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/heary-hoping-old-heads-byrne-price-pass-league-174657448.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was looking forward to heading to Bohs V Bray tomorrow but called off. Poxy weather.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Game and a half of pre-season so far, not ideal at all

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Derry cant get a pre-season match thats not called off due to the weather it seems.At this rate Roddy will sign the weather!... and its Nephew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not play them on astro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The big question: Can Alan Matthews finally get Bray relegated this year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

How many league games would everyone be behind at this stage in Winter Football. There'd have been no games since August in Ballybofey and the south/southwest coast not far off...

Hire out Oriel..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm in - former Galway United and not entirely convinced about Galway FC supporter

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

dfx- wrote: »
    How many league games would everyone be behind at this stage in Winter Football. There'd have been no games since August in Ballybofey and the south/southwest coast not far off...

Hire out Oriel..
    we have actually got off extremely lightly in donegal :v in saying that tomorrows friendly v sligo is still been moved from finn park to the astro in ballyshannon!

Bgdf1-LIgAANuLh.jpg

dfx- wrote: »

Hire out Oriel..
    we're here in the pishss tonight for a friendly.Bouncy castle all the wayyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

The LoI off-season is way too long. This weekend would be about right to get the season going. Anyways, looking forward to it kicking off soon.

The LoI off-season is way too long. This weekend would be about right to get the season going. Anyways, looking forward to it kicking off soon.

Shorter season means clubs have to pay players less. It sucks but it makes sense.

Shorter season means clubs have to pay players less. It sucks but it makes sense.

Not exactly true, you think your/our players are preseason training for free?

meant to be a 40 week contract so Nov 1st to feb 18ish would time off for them. We training since 1st week in jan, Rovers since before xmas.

Aint doing that **** for free.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Not exactly true, you think your/our players are preseason training for free?

meant to be a 40 week contract so Nov 1st to feb 18ish would time off for them. We training since 1st week in jan, Rovers since before xmas.

Aint doing that **** for free.

Pre-season training would probably start earlier if the season started earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Can't come too soon!

Also, licenses awarded:

Presume Cobh's is down to finances as a player or 2 took to twitter not that long ago giving out that they hadn't been paid up for 2013.

Pre-season training would probably start earlier if the season started earlier.

So we paying the players anyway or not in some cases...... but the "contract" is still 40 weeks.

Dont think you can blame the clubs on that one, maybe theres a group out there that altho has the players rights at heart doesnt really have a clue what they are doing. And its because of them we are in this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

My personal wish, I hope, we all treat each other with respect, no matter which colours we suppport :)

You can now either nominate me for the Nobel Prize for Peace or thank this post :D

Lars1916 wrote: »
    My personal wish, I hope, we all treat each other with respect, no matter which colours we suppport :)

You can now either nominate me for the Nobel Prize for Peace or thank this post :D

Best of luck with that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Did Dave O Leary sign for Cork? He's listed in their subs today.

Cork will be right up there this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Did Dave O Leary sign for Cork? He's listed in their subs today.

Cork will be right up there this year.

No we won't. Mid table obscurity at best.

PREMIER DIVISION WINNERS Pat's
    EUROPA LEAGUE SPOTS Dundalk, Sligo
    FAI CUP WINNERS Dundalk
    EA SPORTS CUP WINNERS Derry
    SETANTA CUP WINNERS Sligo
    LEINSTER SENIOR CUP WINNERS Shamrock
    FIRST DIVISION WINNERS Longford
    RELEGATED Noone
    POTY Quigley
    1st player to England Towell
    Top Scorer Patterson
    1st Manager gone Collins
    Overacheiver Bohs

Taken from the other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

gimmick wrote: »
    No we won't. Mid table obscurity at best.
    Rafter and Elding will score a lot of goals. That'll be enough to keep ye up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Champions League winners: St Pat's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not going to win the league, but would like a run in the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Bohs have agreed to a friendly against my Kildare league junior side on March 2nd!
    They played down in our place during Euro 2012 too, and it's great to see them coming back down again!

It's a huge deal for a club like ours.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Bohs have agreed to a friendly against my Kildare league junior side on March 2nd!
    They played down in our place during Euro 2012 too, and it's great to see them coming back down again!

It's a huge deal for a club like ours.

You might beat this one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'd say the reason the Youths haven't got a full licence is to do with question marks over our ground. That or tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I'd say the reason the Youths haven't got a full licence is to do with question marks over our ground. That or tax

I think the ground is fine, I think it is down to our annual cock-up of sending incomplete documents to the FAI. Anyway, I think any club could send their application in on the back of a fag packet this year and still get their licence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A good run in the cup and a top 4 finish would be a great year down the Cross. If we click up front it could happen. If not, mid table will have to do.

• Advertisement

From our facebook
    Meanwhile, Bohs’ friendly against Shelbourne, originally scheduled for Tolka Park this Thursday, has been refixed for Friday (February 21), Martin Savage Park, Scribblestown at 7pm.

Trying to save the surface I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Martin Savage Park, Scribblestown
    There is nothing about this address that is not brilliant.

CCFC new home jersey out this week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

CCFC new home jersey out this week.

Are we going back to a brighter green?? At least that's what I heard anyway. Although, this may already be common knowledge!!!

Wilberto wrote: »
    Are we going back to a brighter green?? At least that's what I heard anyway. Although, this may already be common knowledge!!!

Looks like it. I loved our Red away jersey, but home was only average. Colours just did not suit

BgoH5jkCAAAwrV5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Who's our shirt sponser this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Looks like it. I loved our Red away jersey, but home was only average. Colours just did not suit

BgoH5jkCAAAwrV5.jpg
    30 months is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

6781 wrote: »
    30 months is it?
    30 points. I think Cork's jerseys look better with the darker green. The light green always had a touch of the night time cyclist about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

30 months is it?

Now that's history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

how would LOI supporters feel about putting their club name in their profile location as well?

I often read threads on LOI and people refer to things like "We have looked great this season" and I have no idea who they support.

Bgr1IfjIMAAwo7B.jpg

:P:pac:

Fit for selection tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Limerick play Waterford wed night in the RSC at 7.30pm should be a full Limerick side if anyone is in the area and wants a look.

30 months is it?

The-Rock-Clapping-Reaction-Gif.gif

We've signed Steven Beattie

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=5297

Happy to have another option up front, as Jayo won't be cut out for 90 every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good stuff. Signed some LB from Malahide United. McCabe I think his second name is....

• Advertisement
Advertisement