Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If a player is good enough he should be up to speed to some degree anyway, regradless of never playing with thos eplayers.

The language barrier maybe a problem though for Falcao but we've enough Spanish speaking players that would help him no end.

Anyway, 6 points from the next 2 games is a must, I cant see Arsenal, Liverpool or City dropping points in their next 2 games and Utd ill at worse pick up 4 points IMO so we need 2 wins.

spurs ahead of us inthe race for Luke Shaw.

That would be a disaster.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2514393/Tottenham-step-Luke-Shaw-Southampton-want-30million.html

Although the headline suggest Southampton want close to 30million. :eek:

Also this is bo**ocks :
    Should Shaw move on it is thought he would prefer a move to White Hart Lane due to limited first-team opportunities being available at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford

With Bertrand on the way out and Cole out of contract in the summer, if we buy Shaw he'd be walking into our 1st team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Isn't he Chelsea fan?
    Swing vote!

Panthro wrote: »
    Isn't he Chelsea fan?
    Swing vote!

Yup hes a big Chelsea fan and self confessed on Twitter too.

We'd have to big money for him but hes exactly what we need.

Him and Wallace on opposite flanks wopuld sort us for about a decade.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Yup hes a big Chelsea fan and self confessed on Twitter too.

We'd have to big money for him but hes exactly what we need.

Him and Wallace on opposite flanks wopuld sort us for about a decade.
    :eek:[
    But....Dave...!

Ideally we'd have 3 of those rotating, Dave is only what, 24?

Hes plenty left in the tank but hes good enough to start at most clubs as a RB and he wont want to hang around as a sub too long.

I think he's streaks ahead of Ivanovic at RB but Jose seems happy to continue him ahead of Cole at the minute. He should be one of the first names on the teamsheet starting at RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Shaw also grew up near Cobham

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

duploelabs wrote: »
    That's the problem with buying in January or after the preseason tours in the summer, there's no way a striker can hit the ground running with teammates they've never played with before

That's not true.

Suarez and Sturridge :p

• Advertisement

Ivan, while he is solid, offers nothing going forward of note.

Hes very average in that regard, defensively hes a rock but from a FB in our system we need a very good attacking FB, at the moment we dont have that and the one we have is playing right footed from the left.

What would you think of Ivanovic alongside Terry Gav?

What would you think of Ivanovic alongside Terry Gav?

Ivan at CB is more of a liability then Luiz IMO.

He has none of the footballing ability and hes more likely to let people run in behind him.

Ivan has a few flaws, basically hes being converted to a FB so when he goes into CB he often lets people go goal side of him, while thats not the worst thing in the world if youre playing FB, you'll probably have a DM or CB to cover you, at CB it means a CF is in on goal, we seen it last year a few times when hes caught ball watching and a CF ghosts in beyond him.

I cant trust Ivan at CB, it shows our overall reliance on JT thats hes the main starter now and even worse, that Cahill is his partner, Cahill is a decent footbalerl and a decent defender but hes not good enough long term to lead this team in JT's absence.

I know himself and Luiz won us both our European finals but Cahill is a stop gap at best IMO.

Whcih leaves us with Luiz who Jose doesnt seem to trust at CB even though I think hes got moments of brilliance coupled with moments of WTF that could cost us a goal or him a sending off.

ideally the back four would be Azp Luiz JT Cole but I cant see that happening any time soon.

Jose gas banged on about tiredness, playing 2 matches in the best part of 3 days.

Well we'll have had 4 days off before Sundays game against Southampton.

Things we know, MVG is out, Eto'o very possibily too.

I hope we start with

Cech
    Azp Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires Mikel
    Schurrle Mata Hazard
    Torres

That brings in 7 changes from the team that started against Basel but its 7 internationals that are very capable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Jose about tiredness if Rafa was still here we have none of it. A bit of rotation be nice and then teams will not be able to read our play do easy.
    If someone is tired rest them is the easy answer as Luiz, Cole and Mata could come in amongst others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ivan, while he is solid, offers nothing going forward of note.

Hes very average in that regard, defensively hes a rock but from a FB in our system we need a very good attacking FB, at the moment we dont have that and the one we have is playing right footed from the left.

on saturday he had his best day going forward but didn't really have to worry about getting back against west ham, the other night he was napping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

This is the team I wish we'd play
    http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=1q2n

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=1q63
    Forgot to change it to a blue...ara..
    Awww ahhhh!!!

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=1q7h

This is what we need, f**k defending.

Nailed it
    http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=1q7l

That website is a curse of a find btw, the amount of time you could spend dickin about on it!

• Advertisement

I call this one..."TheCav"
    http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=1q83
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I call this one..."TheCav"
    http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=1q83
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Needs more the_monkey.

He could be manager I guess and let us know after 1 loss we'll be relegated. :pac:

Dy aknow what we need? another attacking midfielder that can play wide or central.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mohamed-salah-eyes-chelsea-transfer-2863406

Dy aknow what we need? another attacking midfielder that can play wide or central.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mohamed-salah-eyes-chelsea-transfer-2863406

i saw that, good player but not needed

Just get in Shaw during the summer for the long term, Azp and Cole are more then capable of playing on the left in the mean time.

Just get in Shaw during the summer for the long term, Azp and Cole are more then capable of playing on the left in the mean time.

and Bertrand . played a couple of really good games then never got a look in

peteeeed wrote: »
    and Bertrand . played a couple of really good games then never got a look in

Hes not good enough though and Jose must think so too if hes playing the RB on the left side. :pac:

Hes not good enough though and Jose must think so too if hes playing the RB on the left side. :pac:

i rate him, better going forward then cole or az but gets caught out defensively on occasion but as i said thought he played really well in the couple of games he played so far this season . i wonder will Patrick van Aanholt get a look in , vitesse are top of the dutch league and he got a call up to the full dutch national team last week

i rate him, better going forward then cole or az but gets caught out defensively on occasion but as i said thought he played really well in the couple of games he played so far this season . i wonder will Patrick van Aanholt get a look in , vitesse are top of the dutch league and he got a call up to the full dutch national team last week

Lucky your not the manager so. :pac:

Bertie isnt great and isnt going to be a long term Cole replacement, ideally what would happen is we sell Bertie, Cole leaves, shaw is bought and PVA and Shaw battle out for the LB spot.

Rodgers has had Bertie at Reading before so he'll know him and playing games will help him but I'd be seriously doubting him as a top class FB.

On one side we've Ivan whos useless going forward but solid as a FB and offers alot from set pieces in both boxes.

The only problem is Shaw wont be cheap and Southampton will want big money for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool are definitely in for Martín Montoya who can play left back so maybe Bertrand is just the fall back. Seems unlikely two FBs will be bought.

mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool are definitely in for Martín Montoya who can play left back so maybe Bertrand is just the fall back. Seems unlikely two FBs will be bought.

If hes a CB mainly ye'd probably have a similar problem that we have with Ivan.

Look we'll call it quits, you can have Moses and Bertrand for 8million, a buy one, get one free deal. :D

Lucky your not the manager so. :pac:

Bertie isnt great and isnt going to be a long term Cole replacement, ideally what would happen is we sell Bertie, Cole leaves, shaw is bought and PVA and Shaw battle out for the LB spot.

Rodgers has had Bertie at Reading before so he'll know him and playing games will help him but I'd be seriously doubting him as a top class FB.

On one side we've Ivan whos useless going forward but solid as a FB and offers alot from set pieces in both boxes.

The only problem is Shaw wont be cheap and Southampton will want big money for him.
    i would love shaw to come , will cost a fair whack but he is a chelsea fan , looks like this will be cole's last year so a good young left back is a must

i would love shaw to come , will cost a fair whack but he is a chelsea fan , looks like this will be cole's last year so a good young left back is a must

Coentrao would be cheaper, IMO but his wages would be a lot more then Shaws.

Coentrao is only what, 25/26, Shaw is only 18 so if we have to pay 20-25 million it will be an investment for the next decade at least, think of someone like Rooney costing Utd 30million when he wass 18, hes paid the back in spades, Shaw could posibily do the same for us.

Joses presser at 12.30 on Youtube, you can follow it on Twitter too.

He'll probably get grilled about Mata and throwing on De Bruyne for 5mins.

I'm expecting we'll see Mata start at the weekend anyway, Oscar was very poor and looked heavy legged against Basel, playing nearly every game for us and playing for Brazil all summer will have taken its toll on him, draft in Mata for Oscar and Schurrle for Willian.

We've found our new left back lads, dont worry, and hes a belter.
    Hazard, so often an influential figure on the pitch from an attacking point of view, then revealed where he would like to play given the opportunity to choose another position, saying: 'I would be a left-back or right-back because there is a lot of running involved, although I prefer running with the ball at my feet.'

from the press conf

Mourinho: 'I never tolerate a loss, but I have to live with it. We will try everything not to repeat it.'

We analysed their individual match performances and today's training session was very good.'

Samuel Eto'o is not fit for this weekend, and David Luiz is also not ready

'Now is the time for the squad. It's time for everybody to feel that they have a chance.'

on Ashley Cole: 'His attitude is always phenomenal. The same today as it was the first time he trained with me'.

Southampton are very compact and solid, they are doing well. They will have a very good season.'

So a solid, compact Southampton, to combat this we need width, plenty of it.

Cech
    Azp Cahill JT Cole
    Ramires Mikel
    Schurrle Mata Hazard
    Torres

that line up gives us attacking FB's and wingers that will take on and commit people, also gives Oscar a rest and drops Lamps as Southampton will break on the counter so a sitting Mikel is better suited then a Lmaps that will be caught out of position.

'Now is the time for the squad. It's time for everybody to feel that they have a chance

that to me says 'MATA'

maybe cole and yes i'm going to say it essien

• Advertisement

'Now is the time for the squad. It's time for everybody to feel that they have a chance

that to me says 'MATA'

maybe cole and yes i'm going to say it essien

I've no problem with Essien but in an EPL game against a good team I'd be surprised if he was played.

We do need some rotation though and if my team is correct thats 7 changes from the Basel game which is a truck load.

No harm in ringing in the changes from the team asgainst Basel IMO.
    They all looked pretty knackered, the ones who didn't (Cech and Mikel) are the ones who don't have to run about the place too much!

No harm in ringing in the changes from the team asgainst Basel IMO.
    They all looked pretty knackered, the ones who didn't (Cech and Mikel) are the ones who don't have to run about the place too much!

Changes have to be made, I just hope we can keep up with the top of the table, Southampton have looked very good at the back, apart from Borucs f**k up at the Emirates recently so getting chances will be few and far between, we need Mata to play and unlock the defence but keep Hazard and Willian or Schurrle bombing down the line.

I'd say drop Frank but I'd be surprised if it wasnt Lamps and Ramires.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Would be very surprised if Lampard was selected and disappointed to be honest.
    Good chance Essien might start, Ramires also needs a break.
    Would like to see DeBruyne get a start.

I think its simple, he wanted to be starting for Belgium in the WC so staying with us wasnt, he wasnt going to achieve that.

• Advertisement

No harm in wanting regular footie.

Oh ya but I think Jose is annoyed at suggestions he was forced out the door and Lukaku isnt doing anything to quash those rumours, TBH, I dont see why Jose is getting all hot and bothered for, as long as Lukaku carries on performing its best for all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Techless wrote: »
    Would be very surprised if Lampard was selected and disappointed to be honest.
    Good chance Essien might start, Ramires also needs a break.
    Would like to see DeBruyne get a start.
    The problem is you need leadership in midfield. Lampard can lead, but he doesn't have the legs anymore. Ramires is no leader. De Bruyne? Not a chance. The only other option is Mata. But it's almost like Mata is perma-benched to avoid injury in advance of a January transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Oh ya but I think Jose is annoyed at suggestions he was forced out the door and Lukaku isnt doing anything to quash those rumours, TBH, I dont see why Jose is getting all hot and bothered for, as long as Lukaku carries on performing its best for all involved.
    When all is said and done, guys like Lukaku are kids. The money doesn't matter. How clued in was any of us at his age? Romelu might be better advised to talk with his feet. But on the other hand he signed for Chelsea in awe if his hero The Drog, fully prepared to bide his time. Maybe he's getting a bit frustrated. But he's also doffed the cap to Jose. So it's not like he's a prima donna.

Matey be he should just play out his season and see how it's looking for him then. One thing's for sure. Jose knows what it takes to play in a team of winners. In that respect, a lot has fundamentally changed at the club at managerial level since he signed.

McDave wrote: »
    The problem is you need leadership in midfield. Lampard can lead, but he doesn't have the legs anymore. Ramires is no leader. De Bruyne? Not a chance. The only other option is Mata. But it's almost like Mata is perma-benched to avoid injury in advance of a January transfer.

If Mata is played in the "number 10" role then all well and good, only Oscar, of all the attacking midfield talent has a chance of playing CM IMO.

He has the legs and ability to throw himself around to at least compete from deeper, especially against Southampton.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement