Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Hipster Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

chupacabra wrote: »
    I'm flying to Tallinn tomorrow to see Levadia vs Paide in the Meistriliiga. :cool:
    That's not hipster. That's kipster.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

chupacabra wrote: »
    I'm flying to Tallinn tomorrow to see Levadia vs Paide in the Meistriliiga. :cool:

Estonia has the lowest average attendance in Europe for the top level of football. 150 afair :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

How has Quintero been getting on at Porto, don't catch eurogoals much anymore so its hard to get any Portuguese football on tv.
    Anybody been watching the U17 WC on Eurosport?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Highly rated St.Etienne youngster, Kurt Zouma has received a 10 match ban for this leg breaking challenge..

*Goes without saying, but if you're scream-ish in the slightest, best not to click on the vid. *

Despite getting the ball, follow through does the damage. Case of excessive force too. The player on the receiving end, Guerbert, well his tibia and fibula were broken and ankle dislocated. He'll be out for up to six months minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Proper hipster time. Gamba Osaka won the J2 this morning after confirming promotion back to J1 a few weeks ago. Takashi Usami scored a brace in a 3-2 win over Montedio Yamagata. Since returning in the summer from a two year loan spell in Germany, he scored 18 goals in 17 league games!

Nice to see them hold up Endo and Konno jerseys since they couldn't be there after being dragged off to a meaningless friendly against Holland.
    V8ZD0BG.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Nigerian Premier League
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/29/nigeria-toughest-league-win-away
    Could your team handle a difficult trip to any of these teams?
    Nigerian-League-Table-001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭- bo -

Went to Nantes-Monaco at the weekend. Cracking atmosphere in our section but one of the worst games I've seen in a long time. While you could see that Monaco had that bit of extra quality (they'd want to after spending trillions of quid..) they won it with a jammy deflected goal, with Nantes having a strong claim for a late peno, a disallowed goal that never should've been, and then a woeful one-on-one miss in stoppage time. Great trip though..

1424555_10151860888644531_1672538860_n.jpg

This is how the K-League finished today.
    Ulsan Horangi (Blue) v Pohang Steelers (Red) - A big rivalry. Ulsan topped the table by two points with Pohang right behind them heading into the last game of the season. Pohang needed to win or their rivals would take the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Oat23 wrote: »
    This is how the K-League finished today.
    Ulsan Horangi (Blue) v Pohang Steelers (Red) - A big rivalry. Ulsan topped the table by two points with Pohang right behind them heading into the last game of the season. Pohang needed to win or their rivals would take the title.

Very tight offside call in that but Jesus what a way to win the league!

Only keeping half an eye on it, but Lyon conceded two cheap goals after playing very well in the first half there. Cavani and Ibra on the scoresheet so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Highlights of Feyenoord - PSV 01-12-2013

Fiorentina vs Hellas Verona has been fun, 3-2 to La Viola at half time

Bump.

Quaresma is god.

Pastore goal has PSG up one at half time in Monaco in the big game in France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone watching Monaco vs PSG? PSG lead 1-0 through a Pastore header from a n Alex flick on at a corner.

I haven't seen much of PSG at all this year but do they always pass the ball around so much at the back? They've almost been caught out a couple of times tonight.

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone watching Monaco vs PSG? PSG lead 1-0 through a Pastore header from a n Alex flick on at a corner.

I haven't seen much of PSG at all this year but do they always pass the ball around so much at the back? They've almost been caught out a couple of times tonight.

Pretty much yeah. Most teams in France set up very negatively against them and allow them to do it, just live for the counter. A high pressuring game isn't of much emphasis in Ligue 1 I've noticed, odd derby game aside. Would be interesting to see them against a good EPL side, Dortmund or Bayern in the Champions League and how things would pan out tactically.

Thiago Silva OG, 1-1 with 15 mins left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I hate when referee's stop games for injuries other than head injuries

Insane from Abidal, very lucky.

Finished 1-1. Tale of two halves, yadaddadadada. PSG still lead Monaco by 5 points at the top of Ligue 1.

1-1, full time.

I enjoyed that game. Now that the NFL is finished for the season I'll hopefully get to catch more European games on Sunday evenings/nights.

BT Sport's coverage seems to be impressive from what I have seen so far.

Paully D wrote: »
    1-1, full time.

I enjoyed that game. Now that the NFL is finished for the season I'll hopefully get to catch more European games on Sunday evenings/nights.

BT Sport's coverage seems to be impressive from what I have seen so far.

The Sunday night show with the live match each week is brilliant imo.

• Advertisement

The Sunday night show with the live match each week is brilliant imo.

Love the current Jimbo lead line up but would like to see Gab Marcotti or Fillipo Ricci on there the odd time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Feyenoord/Ajax tomorrow. Love De Klassieker, one of the best rivalries in football. Kom op Ajax. :D

Pelle for 1-0, absolutely brilliant header.

Atmosphere is absolutely incredible.

Sigthorsson levels on the stroke of HT for Ajax, nice little run by 19 year old Ricardo Kishna to set him up

Joel Veltman grabs what turns out to be the winner with his first goal for the Ajax senior team at De Kuip, 2-1 to Ajax who now go 8 clear of Twente in the Eredivisie and wrap up a 4th straight title in all likelihood. :D

Took 77 mins but the trouble has started in Athens derby. Panathinaikos were big underdogs away to unbeaten Olympiakos and they are beating them 2-0. Someone hit the Panathinaikos manager in the face with something and now he's on the ground surrounded by riot shields. Olympiakos have been waiting ages to take their penalty. Now they've taken it and he skied it.

Firecrackers on the pitch as well.

But the most shocking this about this is that Marcus Berg scored a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Soweto derby today. Kicking off soon, who's watching?

Soweto derby today. Kicking off soon, who's watching?

Haven't watched that in years. Only time I see SA teams is in the CL.

Might watch the first half before BL and see how it goes.

Really good game in Portugal tonight with Sporting winning 1-0 at home to Porto. Porto had to win to have any chance of winning the title really. Carvalho was superb for the home side and for me, MOTM.

• Advertisement

Anyone watching the Superclasico now? Only 13 minutes gone if anyone's looking for something to watch. Unbelievable atmosphere as always.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yup, one of the best derbies going.

Sublime free kick from Riquelme, 1-1

PEC Zwolle 5-1 Ajax in the Dutch cup final today! Fair play.

Game was delayed for ages because Ajax fans kept throwing flares onto the pitch. It ended 2 hours and 15 minutes after it kicked off.

BlrVzFQIEAAvj8k.jpg:medium

Oat23 wrote: »
    PEC Zwolle 5-1 Ajax in the Dutch cup final today! Fair play.

happy-cat.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

**olle filth. Bound to have cheated.

• Advertisement

Bastia confirm the appointment of Claude Makelele as manager.

BoZ8INAIUAEuvsy.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Is this thread not the opposite of hipster as it's not the norm?

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Is this thread not the opposite of hipster as it's not the norm?

If you watch, comment on or read about football outside of the EPL, Real Madrid and Barca, you're deemed a hipster in the Boards soccer forum it's been established.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

^^Known Atletico lamestreamer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    If you watch, comment on or read about football outside of the EPL, Real Madrid and Barca, you're deemed a hipster in the Boards soccer forum it's been established.

Does that mean LOI fans are hipsters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Er no? boards posters are "hipsters" as they dont go to games. How hip is that?

^^Known Atletico lamestreamer :pac:

Had to Google what a lamestreamer was.

Doesn't matter if were Atleti, Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal, Bilbao or whoever else, seeing Real Madrid and Barca lose is fun.

I heavily considered adding LOI and Celtic fans too, but incurring the wrath of the former is a frightening prospect.

Eibar won promotion to la Liga last night.

That promotion might get them bankrupted before they have kicked a ball though (as discussed in this thread)

inforfun wrote: »
    Eibar won promotion to la Liga last night.

That promotion might get them bankrupted before they have kicked a ball though (as discussed in this thread)

Yeah, it's a fascinating story alright. This is the town of Eibar..

Bog5V_CIMAAIO2l.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Eibar is a lovely sleepy spot, less than an hour by bus from Bilbao and the mountains in the backround make for an amazing backdrop inside the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Dundalk 7-0 Drogheda

Fup me!

Bateman wrote: »
    Eibar is a lovely sleepy spot, less than an hour by bus from Bilbao and the mountains in the backround make for an amazing backdrop inside the ground.

Looks nice alright. It reminds me of San Marino a little, one of my favourite places I've been to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It's a fair bit bigger than that although I can't say I remember much about the only time I was in San Marino \_/ \_/ \_/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

That the silliest rule i've ever seen. Surely somehow, some sort of appeals committee can overrule that and allow them to take their rightful place among the King's, or should I say peasants of La Liga

• Advertisement
Advertisement