Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Terrible news about Sheedy . He seems determined to keep going .

Here is a link to canal+ site on it is a poll on which 3pm match they will show

anyone who uses this may want to go on and click on everton crest for the match to be shown september 1st as against the other match

http://www.canalplus.pl/sport/liga-angielska

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is Jelavic fit for tomorrow? heard he had a groin problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

ShaneU wrote: »
    Is Jelavic fit for tomorrow? heard he had a groin problem
    Heard he was a doubt alright :( Villa still missing Agbonlahor and Dunne so you'd have to fancy us getting a result in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Horrible news about Sheedy.

my thoughts and prayers are with him.
    I will never forget his goal against England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Gibson, Naismith, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jelavic

Naismith will play behind Jelavic and Fellaini will go back to defensive midfield. Neville takes Hibbert's place at RB, otherwise unchanged from United. Looks to be a good team (depending on how well Naismith does for us).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

This will be the time to have a good look at Mr. Naismith - can't really judge him on his cameo against United - hopefully he will produce the goods. Time for Mr. Jelavic to make an appearance, out of the full 11 on Monday he didn't shine in comparison to the rest. But now he has the stage to himself upfront....

A1JaCPFCQAASp_L.jpg

Come on McFadden, get into them lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Great win but should have won by more before a poor last 15 mins. Great to see Jelavic get off the mark

Tim usually drops a clanger or two at the start of the season, difference is this time we scored three in the first half, so it didn't matter. Last season it'd have been 0-0 after 75 minutes of domination and we'd have lost 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

How did Mirallas play?

• Advertisement

How did Mirallas play?

Only played for 20 mins so hard to judge. Looked lively and had a goal disallowed. Should get a run during the week against Orient

Onwards and upwards! West Brom will be full of confidence next week after 2 excellent results but in Moyes we trust! COYB

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Mirallas should start against Orient, great results so far this season, Delighted to have been at the United game,

Just read on Toffeeweb that Michael Symes plays for Leyton Orient now. Wayne Rooney's strike partner in our youth team, would be really good if he got a game at Goodison...as long as he doesn't score!

Sky really linking us with everyon today, Doyle, Adam, Johnny Russell. Hope we get none of them really

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Sky really linking us with everyon today, Doyle, Adam, Johnny Russell. Hope we get none of them really

Roll on the 1st of September when the transfer link nonsense will die down.

I'm starting to worry that we need at least 1 more midfielder though, I really don't like seeing Neville played there.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Roll on the 1st of September when the transfer link nonsense will die down.

I'm starting to worry that we need at least 1 more midfielder though, I really don't like seeing Neville played there.

Could do with a midfielder beside Gibson alright now that Felli is going to playing the Cahill role. Wonder if Moyes wants Adam for that role. Think we need someone with more pace than Adam as Gibson isnt the fastest

Front 6 of
    Miralles ****** Gibson Pienaar
    Fellaini
    Jelavic
    looks decent to me with Osman, Naismith, Barkley, Vellios, Coleman, Anichebe in reserve. Actually another striker would be ideal too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Doyle would be a good signing for us, in particular if Jelavic gets injured

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

thebaz wrote: »
    Doyle would be a good signing for us, in particular if Jelavic gets injured
    Doyle is pants.

• Advertisement

conor360 wrote: »
    Doyle is pants.

Doyle is mega pants! Adam is mega pants! Wouldn't mind a look at Russell - but could be another Goodwillie!

Moyes wants 2 more before friday. Wonder who we'll get as Niang looks to be heading for Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Another left back is needed especially if Baines get injured. I know Distin played there last season but it's not his preferred position.

Reckon Heitinga will be sold as can't see him wanting to sit on the bench.

I would like to see us sign a right-back, can't keep relying on Hibbert and Neville to fill that position (although Coleman is also an option) - we have also been linked with a 17yr old Kilmarnock striker, Matty _____ (insert name here), nice to see Moyes is looking to the future.

Victor has been linked with Wigan (approx. 4m), I'd send him off with good wishes for the future if there is any truth in it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

leyton orient game

Visit the Match Centre during tonight's game for live commentary, scores, stats and match photos - here http://www.evertonfc.com/match/report/1213/everton-v-leyton-orient or in the Everton mobile app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Sounds like Mirallas is enjoying himself.

• Advertisement

Lumbo wrote: »
    Sounds like Mirallas is enjoying himself.

Only 2 goals and 2 assists in 30 mins :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Carslberg don't do home debuts .....

Game won now 2 days of transfer speculation !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Only 2 goals and 2 assists in 30 mins :)

Heard he was muck for the last hour though.:pac:

article-0-14BEA0D0000005DC-624_634x548.jpg

• Advertisement

According to all accounts last night, Coleman was immense at right back. I know it was just the league cup but I seriously hope he can get some game time there

Voltwad wrote: »
    According to all accounts last night, Coleman was immense at right back. I know it was just the league cup but I seriously hope he can get some game time there

He'll probably have to play there against West Brom, both Pip and Hibbo are injured.

5m seems a bit steep for a Costa Rican playing in the Danish league who's contract expires in December.

Voltwad wrote: »
    5m seems a bit steep for a Costa Rican playing in the Danish league who's contract expires in December.

I bet its nowhere near 5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Just watched the highlights (below, quality not great). Miralles took up some good positions an seemed very pacey, although the opposition has to be taken into account. Glad we didn't make europa league, we've a small squad but as good a starting 11 as alot of the prem bar maybe man city and chelsea. If they all stay fit a top 4 finish is a possibility. COYB.

http://www.footytube.com/video/everton-leyton-orient-aug29-127135?ref=lchan_vidgrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I've heard of the guy, though I can't say much about him.

So Phil Neville has decided to follow Charlie Adam on Twitter :eek:

What we thinking for tomorrow? Hoping we get 2 in

A lad I know from another site is great for stats. Here's the latest one he's brought up.
    Last 20 goals at Goodison have been scored by us

19-1 with a Tony Hibbert own goal thrown in for good measure!

2-0 West Brom
    4-0 Sunderland
    4-0 Fulham
    3-1 Newcastle Utd
    1-0 Man Utd
    5-0 Orient

So Phil Neville has decided to follow Charlie Adam on Twitter :eek:

What we thinking for tomorrow? Hoping we get 2 in

I really hope we don't end up with Adam. He's not a bad player but he's one of their cast off and we'd be doing them a favour taking him off their wage bill and landing him on ours. I'd be happier if we didn't do any business tomorrow (in or out).

• Advertisement

Adam wouldn't be utility enough type player for Moyes. Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I'd take him for about 2 million. Moyes has form improving players like him. Initially I thought t was a bad idea but I'm warming to it. Think he could do a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Yeah I wouldn't mind Adam either. When Pool got him he was playing well at Blackpool and I envied them as I thought he had huge potential to pull the strings in midfield.

The Daily Fail are saying we tried to get Essien on loan but would only pay 30,000 of his 100,000 wages. Thats the sort of cheeky bid I like to hear about.

From the looks of it I reckon he is looking for a hard tackling type midfielder.Nzonsi (sp?) from Blackburn is doing the rounds on the rumour mill but isn't everyone.

Everton confirm a fee has been agreed for FC Copenhagen's Bryan Oviedo - still a question of a work permit for the Costa Rican. @philmcnulty 5 minutes ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Oviedo
    Everton agree a £5 million fee with FC Copenhagen for Bryan Oviedo. Bryan has been a life long admirer of Evertons Right Back Tony Hibbert who is known as Christ the Redeemer in Brazil where Hibbert is a Brazilian Idol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Have to say I'm impressed at what has gone on in this transfer window. Fingers crossed there's no last minute swoop for Baines.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement