Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

dubrov wrote: »
    Coleman's wages aren't published. FIFA have insurance to cover player's wages while on international duty.

Coleman signed a new contract after the injury rumoured to be about £75k per week.
    That is pretty good for a seriously injured 29 year old who may never return to his pre-injury form.

ah so he did

good for him then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

apparently Garbutt has been registered with the senior squad
    so he is available for selection at left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Seamus Coleman starts tonight.
    Could be a turning point.
    Welcome back Seamus, you were missed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭wally79

SickBoy wrote: »
    Seamus Coleman starts tonight.
    Could be a turning point.
    Welcome back Seamus, you were missed!

It’s a shame he didn’t come back left footed. Bloody cuco starting again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Lookman loaned to RB Leipzig. Wtf is BFS at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Gavlor wrote: »

But we have theo

Gavlor wrote: »

Don’t worry. Kevin Davies is in the gym as we speak shedding a few pounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,934 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Liamalone wrote: »
    Lookman loaned to RB Leipzig. Wtf is BFS at?
    You have Walcott, Siggy, Rooney, Tosun, Niasse, Calvert-Lewin, Sandro, Klaasen and Bolasie all vying for four attacking spots. Do you not think it's better to get the young lad out on loan instead of sitting behind all of those mentioned?

Lookman wanted to go. Fair play to the lad looking to get minutes. And what a return for Coleman. Should be captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,934 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Allardyce just on SSN saying he didn't think it was a good idea for Lookman to take the loan move.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You have Walcott, Siggy, Rooney, Tosun, Niasse, Calvert-Lewin, Sandro, Klaasen and Bolasie all vying for four attacking spots. Do you not think it's better to get the young lad out on loan instead of sitting behind all of those mentioned?

Four of those are strikers, three are cam's, Lookman is a wide player. He should be staying put and getting gametime but isn't for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

are we getting Mangala from City ?? - need a left back - hopoefull

thebaz wrote: »
    are we getting Mangala from City ?? - need a left back - hopoefull

We got Mangala but no left back. Really don’t understand that. Anyone would be better than Cuco

wally79 wrote: »
    We got Mangala but no left back. Really don’t understand that. Anyone would be better than Cuco

Think baines is due back in two weeks. Well past his best but better than Martina.

watching the highlights last night - we seamed to dodge another bullet at the end - lucky Sam strikes again. Creeping up to 40 points. Walcott looked decent, I'd say its safe to say we're safe now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

eagle eye wrote: »
    We've too many players not playing football. I'm sure that effects team spirit and the general atmosphere around the place. Get them out playing and re-evaluate in the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

watching the highlights last night - we seamed to dodge another bullet at the end - lucky Sam strikes again. Creeping up to 40 points. Walcott looked decent, I'd say its safe to say we're safe now

Pipe down. They got a nothing penalty and Everton should have been 5 up by then!

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Pipe down. They got a nothing penalty and Everton should have been 5 up by then!

5 up? I must have been watching a different match. Nearly fell apart in the ten minutes following the penalty the Rooney gifted them.

• Advertisement

Pipe down.

sorry sir - any wonder its like a morgue in here in comparison to other clubs ?? - I'm done too

We should have been behind in the first ten mins. Played OK for an hour and niasse missed two good chances to put us out of sight. Stupid foul by Rooney gave them a pen and they battered us for ten mins and should have scored. Walcott had more shots in one game than the whole team managed in the previous five games.

sorry sir - any wonder its like a morgue in here in comparison to other clubs ?? - I'm done too

It being like a morgue wouldn't have anything to do with the fact all our games are dead rubbers, no?
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    We should have been behind in the first ten mins. Played OK for an hour and niasse missed two good chances to put us out of sight. Stupid foul by Rooney gave them a pen and they battered us for ten mins and should have scored. Walcott had more shots in one game than the whole team managed in the previous five games.

At least somebody can make a decent, balanced and fair comment!

It being like a morgue wouldn't have anything to do with the fact all our games are dead rubbers, no?

At least somebody can make a decent, balanced and fair comment!

Your comment was fair from insightful, began with 'pipe down' lol

One match, where we were lucky, doesn't paper over the absolute ****e we've played through three managers.

Your comment was fair from insightful, began with 'pipe down' lol

One match, where we were lucky, doesn't paper over the absolute ****e we've played through three managers.

"Began with" pipe down! Alrighty! :rolleyes:

Are you getting a bit thick now coz someone else (and Sam Allardyce) also saw us missing chances?

Personally its the persistent snarkiness on this forum - I've had a few PMs from people telling me they no longer use this forum cause of it - ive more to do with my life that bicker with people here - well done and goodbye.

• Advertisement

Personally its the persistent snarkiness on this forum - I've had a few PMs from people telling me they no longer use this forum cause of it - ive more to do with my life that bicker with people here - well done and goodbye.

Even when we won 5 out of 7 with the other 2 being draws against Liverpool and Chelsea, you were moaning - then a win in a game last night where anything other than an Everton win would have been outright robbery - still moaning! See ya!

Even when we won 5 out of 7 with the other 2 being draws against Liverpool and Chelsea, you were moaning - then a win in a game last night where anything other than an Everton win would have been outright robbery - still moaning! See ya!

I said I didnt see the full game - highlights - and even though I was anti Sam appointment , I did give the team credit for that period - in fact I was laughed at when I suggested we might get someting against liverpool which we did - but the wretched ball of recent games I've moaned at - that bit is true

I said I didnt see the full game - highlights - and even though I was anti Sam appointment , I did give the team credit for that period - in fact I was laughed at when I suggested we might get someting against liverpool which we did - but the wretched ball of recent games I've moaned at - that bit is true

I apologize but it’s an Internet forum. It’s not real. A bit of perspective. Even if it was real life, getting thick over “pipe down” is a bit much!

I apologize but it’s an Internet forum. It’s not real. A bit of perspective. Even if it was real life, getting thick over “pipe down” is a bit much!

fair enogh - I've other bigger issues to worry about - I will take a rest from here

"Began with" pipe down! Alrighty! :rolleyes:

Are you getting a bit thick now coz someone else (and Sam Allardyce) also saw us missing chances?

Not getting thick at all. I'm nearly 40 and this is the worst that I've saw us play consistently, I've watched every match and we've been brutal with no sign of direction.

I'm curious, so might the 'someone else' be? Or am I missing something?

We're all Toffees at the end of the day but how anyone can see any light at the end of this tunnel with him in charge makes me despair!

• Advertisement

I wasn't getting thick over 'pipe down', just thought it was a poor way to start a post :)

Edit: if Leicester had've came away with a draw out wouldn't have been 'robbery', we were crap for the first twenty minutes and awful for the ten minutes after they scored - they should've/could've equalised.

Edit: the shots on goal thingy in the previous few matches says it all - were you happy with that stat? Stats are just stats but that particular one speaks volumes. So please 'pipe down' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Coleman should be the captain of that side.

Character.

Coleman should be the captain of that side.

Character.

#shininglight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

It was never going to improve drastically overnight. Sam's got 16/33 points which is a pretty acceptable return considering the state of the side when he took over.

I think you'll get 7th which probably would have been par at the start of the season but looked highly unlikely back in November.

I wasn't getting thick over 'pipe down', just thought it was a poor way to start a post :)

Edit: if Leicester had've came away with a draw out wouldn't have been 'robbery', we were crap for the first twenty minutes and awful for the ten minutes after they scored - they should've/could've equalised.

Edit: the shots on goal thingy in the previous few matches says it all - were you happy with that stat? Stats are just stats but that particular one speaks volumes. So please 'pipe down' :)

The improvement in the team with only ONE PL experienced Allardyce signing in it speaks volumes too!

He won't be manager next August anyway, he's done what he was hired to do, very well. Stats, however bad they have been, are still a big improvement on the stats under Koeman and Unsworth. If you think Alex Ferguson himself could come out of retirement and have that team, will all the gaps that has been in it, playing enthralling, attacking, winning football, then I don't know what to say to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

Goals for /against and points stats are better. I'd say the rest of the stats are worse

The improvement in the team with only ONE PL experienced Allardyce signing in it speaks volumes too!

I've seen an improvement at the start, new manger effect and won a few, apart from the West Ham game none convincingly or anywhere near it. Since then it's been dire stuff and the new manager effect has wore off. I really can't fathom how anyone that has watched the games can say any different but opinions are opinions and everybody is entitled to one.

I've seen an improvement at the start, new manger effect and won a few, apart from the West Ham game none convincingly or anywhere near it. Since then it's been dire stuff and the new manager effect has wore off. I really can't fathom how anyone that has watched the games can say any different but opinions are opinions and everybody is entitled to one.

Were much better against Leicester. Weathered storm at start and had some threat

Our 2 new players Walcott and Coleman made the difference

As usual with Everton we can only have one good side at a time. We are appalling down the left

Soft pen and the old psychological weakness reared it’s head and we needed a bit of luck

For a team low on confidence it’s a good result.

Niasse should be an impact sub when we need energy but shouldn’t be starting. The first sitter he missed was reason enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

we still badly miss Lukaku against the poorer teams
    he always carried a goal threat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

The fact we've moved up the table into the top half and stopped shipping so many goals is surely some reason people might be a little less negative than you clearly are.
    Not saying things are great, far from it, the football is still dire, but the ship has been steadied and for me thatll do this season. Get it over with and rebuild in the summer, whoever the manager happens to be.

• Advertisement

The fixture list Allardyce started with was fairly tame to be fair.

I expect us to get beaten easily today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

dubrov wrote: »
    The fixture list Allardyce started with was fairly tame to be fair.

I expect us to get beaten easily today

Arsenal fan here i dont think so , i posted in the arsenal thread already that walcott will prob tear us apart , and we have a sh!t defence , reckon 1-1

pudzey101 wrote:
    Arsenal fan here i dont think so , i posted in the arsenal thread already that walcott will prob tear us apart , and we have a sh!t defence , reckon 1-1

Ye have had a few bad losses recently and confidence is low. I think we are the perfect cure for that and ye will pass us off the park today

11 absolute cowards

embarrassing

Happens every time we play 3 cb

Not sure what Mangala brings

We already had **** centre backs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Couldn't care less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Lookman scores last minute for RBL.

Spurs fan here. How can ye be so so bad with so many, on paper, quality players. Game was over after 20 minutes which is unacceptable at professional level in my opinion. And it's happened a few times this season. Same kind of thing happened when playing us at Wembley and Everton didn't bother the second half. Fecking bizarre what has happened to Everton this season.

Even the worst teams in the league don't lose a game inside the first twenty minutes. Shocking stuff.

Best guess by me is that the players are way overrated.

I still don't understand how we are 10th in the league.
    Performances have been shocking in about 80% of the games I have seen this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Spurs fan here. How can ye be so so bad with so many, on paper, quality players. Game was over after 20 minutes which is unacceptable at professional level in my opinion. And it's happened a few times this season. Same kind of thing happened when playing us at Wembley and Everton didn't bother the second half. Fecking bizarre what has happened to Everton this season.

Even the worst teams in the league don't lose a game inside the first twenty minutes. Shocking stuff.

Which players are they? As I read it, Coleman, Walcott, and Pickford are Premier League players. Who else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement