Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Match Thread*** Tue Jun 30th Colmcilles 7pm The Full Irish

• 26-06-2015 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

This is always a though game against these, and the last one was no exception.

Al -
    Calvin -
    Cathal -
    Cillian -
    Ciaran -
    Damo -
    Dave
    Derek -
    Ed -
    Jack -
    Keith -
    Ken -
    Kieran -
    Mark -
    SteMcd -
    Adam -
    Paul -
    Ayoub -
    Tiago -
    Craig GK -

New Goalkeeper joining too, and he will post in this thread soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hi lads, I'll be coming in for your team in goal this Tuesday and hopefully I'll be kept on thereafter. I actually played against you a few times a couple of seasons ago for Drakesville United and came on here following the game to give a bit of feedback. Here it is:
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Hi lads. Hope you dont mind me posting here on your thread. Play in goals for Drakesville myself and have to confess that we feel very lucky to have escaped with three points. You boys were by far the better footballing team, hampered only by the lack of fresh legs on the side lines. We said it in the post-match chat that we would've been happy to have gotten out of there with a point.

Two lads that impressed/scared me the most were Jules and the blondie haired chap Wes up front. Both technically very good. Anyway, best of luck with the rest of the season boys.

My team haven't run a side this season so looking forward to getting back out there. Played a match last night and felt springy enough so hopefully all goes well this coming week. Good to be on board(s).... I'll show myself out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Welcome to the team, I'll ask as many lads as possible to come out early (especially the defender types) so you can get to know them.

Get into the net and they'll put you through your paces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hi lads, I'll be coming in for your team in goal this Tuesday and hopefully I'll be kept on thereafter. I actually played against you a few times a couple of seasons ago for Drakesville United and came on here following the game to give a bit of feedback. Here it is:

My team haven't run a side this season so looking forward to getting back out there. Played a match last night and felt springy enough so hopefully all goes well this coming week. Good to be on board(s).... I'll show myself out

Welcome aboard! Puns very welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

Al - in
    Calvin - work
    Cathal - in
    Cillian - in
    Ciaran - in
    Damo - in
    Derek - in
    Ed -
    Jack - inj
    Keith - in
    Ken - in
    Kieran - in
    Mark - inj
    SteMcd - in
    Adam - in
    Paul - in
    Ayoub - in
    Tiago - in
    Craig GK - in

• Advertisement

Tiago, are you around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gomeztiago

Yes, I'm in. Sorry about the late notice. By the way, do you guys have a whatsapp group?

Thanks

yes we do have a WhatsApp group, thought you were added to it.

Can you send me a Private Message with the number you need added to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Great performance from the team today thats 4 from 4 we set out to get 12 and we done it. lets keep it goin into next week

we always have a chance when we have murtagh at the back tackling like this lad
    hqdefault.jpg

Scorers?

Keith, Cill, Derek, Ayo, Ste, Paul

is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Set piece extraordinaire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

btw des you missed one of my goals from the cork fixture few games back i should be on 4 with he rest of the lads

yeah I know, but the game is "locked" on the site and I can't edit the scorers

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

score is written in as 5-1 on the league page. should be 6-1, right?

gotta be our best game of the season so far.

so atm me, ayou, cill, and derek each have 4 as joint top scorers for us? except that derek has 3 on the site? between the 4 of us we still have less than the top scorer of the league lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

mrDerek wrote: »
    Great performance from the team today thats 4 from 4 we set out to get 12 and we done it. lets keep it goin into next week

we always have a chance when we have murtagh at the back tackling like this lad
    hqdefault.jpg

:D

Defending: Lesson 1 (skip to 9 mins in)
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18a5ie_keane-and-vieira-best-of-enemies-full-version_sport?start=540

I missed all the other lessons

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

We were clinical in the first half, pass pass shoot goal.

Ok they had 10 men and it gave us a lot of space in the middle.

Good to get a few goals on the board though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There wasn't a whole lot wrong at the start of the season except for converting chances and being exposed with full backs up the pitch for the one/two chances opposition scored from.

It looks like small changes and more shots have really paid off and new players very well integrated very quickly. Need to keep it up though of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

The passing was what impressed me the most. The whole forward line seems to trust each other now and is eager to link up with one another. That kind of passing - constantly keeping the ball moving - is so productive, far more so than one player trying to do too much by himself. We just need to make sure we keep playing like that even when we come up against teams that close us down quickly and put pressure on us. Keep trusting each other and keep passing and we'll do well.
    Well done lads.

Advertisement