Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Value Peanuts 29cent for 200g

Options
  • 03-06-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭

Tesco Value Peanuts 29cent for 200g, reduced from the already ridiculous 39cent. Standard roasted & salted ones, ain't no manhattans but they do the job.

That is €1.45 per kilo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Those Tesco peanuts aren't worth even that low price - they taste awful and are greasier than an equivalent-sized tub of lard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Straight Flush

As much as I like Tesco, I'd be very careful about any product from the "Tesco Value" range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Absolutely terrible peanuts. Pure grease and taste like gravel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

price was already low thats pretty good seeing as even aldi/lidl are charging far more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

but em believe it or not aldi's ones actually taste pretty ok and are reasonably priced can't say the same for lidl(All their stuff sucks a$$ compared to aldi and costs twice as much)

So for cheap and quality i'd say aldi > tesco value > lidl
    note:Tesco VALUE because everyhing in tesco by far is better than anything in aldi/lidl

• Advertisement

123 wrote: »
    note:Tesco VALUE because everyhing in tesco by far is better than anything in aldi/lidl

Ah now. Aldi/Lidl's fruit & veg is far superior to Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

there was a time where i thought the value peanuts in tesco were the best but now i've moved on to manhattan ones.

Kelkin are also nice, if a bit expensive.

Ever have the Manhattan salt and vinegar crisps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

True about Aldi being mostly better, but the Tesco Value plain chocolate digestives are yum.
    If only i had some tea for dipping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Can we set up a test on these using a herd of elephants?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭t-hairy

turly wrote: »
    Those Tesco peanuts aren't worth even that low price - they taste awful and are greasier than an equivalent-sized tub of lard :D

Well, if you pay peanuts, you get more grease.
    *cough*

Boooooo-urns!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Brutal!

I think we should complain to the mods after a "joke" like that. Six months ban seem reasonable?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

I think ALDI stuff is the best overall of the three but you can get peanuts in a tin in Lidl which are lovely - nicer than brandname like manhattan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Each have there gems and duds. I agree that lidl is generally bad, but their gem for us is the cranberry juice. Same fruit content as ocean spray at a fraction of the price.

Aldi I find to be pretty good for most things. Their gems are jams (high fruit content), orange juice not from concentrate, their monthly specials on fruit/veg and I guess quite a lot more when I think of it.

Tesco value isn't too bad. Their canned corn and kidney beans, and noodles are great value.

This is way off where this thread started and should probably be in another forum. But anyway, thats my tuppence worth.

Advertisement