Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

750GB Seagate FreeAgent USB2.0 External Hard Drive

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Not to spoil your thread, but I found this on Pixmania which looks to give a bit more Bang per buck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

I have that Seagate HDD myself, it is an excellent piece of kit. Have never seen the WD before, but the design definately looks good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Was in Germany at the weekend and one store had a special on 640Gb external harddrives for €79! Now if only Ryanair didn't charge so much for over-weight baggage! :(

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

I wonder how fast prices are falling for these HDs. I baught WD 320G for 179€ eighteeen months back and now double capacity with less price.
    one industry is shouting against free download and some other punters are making money.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Not to spoil your thread, but I found this on Pixmania which looks to give a bit more Bang per buck

And from the same company this is a tenner less.

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/638424/art/western-digital/my-book-essential-1-tb-us.html

The more expensive one is a later model and has a nicer blue light but if you dont care about that you can save €10.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thats a crazy price for 1tb storage. Gonna ppick one of these up now. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

pardon my lack of knowledge but can these be hooked up to a TV using a scarth cable?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No, i dont think so. Thats only with multimedia hard dives, like the Archos ones you get on ibood.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

nice one, thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

And from the same company this is a tenner less.

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/638424/art/western-digital/my-book-essential-1-tb-us.html

The more expensive one is a later model and has a nicer blue light but if you dont care about that you can save €10.

From the specs on Pixmania, the dearer one seems to have a firewire port, unlike the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

Popeleo wrote: »
    From the specs on Pixmania, the dearer one seems to have a firewire port, unlike the other one.

Nope - I have one, just USB.

The word 'firewire' in the specifications speed section is a typo, I think. Under interfaces, it just says USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Any adapters you can buy to connect these directly to a Ethernet port on a router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

oh no not another great HDD deal...damn you all...already have 1tb in total....looks like I 'Need' another tb....just in case :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Conor108 wrote: »
    Any adapters you can buy to connect these directly to a Ethernet port on a router?
    this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Guys, all those other HD's you've linked to are €20, €30+ more expensive than the HD I linked to originally, which is why I though it was a great bargain. The WD's look great but they are more expensive. Just my 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

aaf wrote: »
    Guys, all those other HD's you've linked to are €20, €30+ more expensive than the HD I linked to originally, which is why I though it was a great bargain. The WD's look great but they are more expensive. Just my 2c.

The HD which you suggested is 750gb,wherelse the WD one on pixmania is 1TB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Are there any multimedia enclosures out there (with or without hard drive) that play HD files. preferably 1080i/p files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

blastman wrote: »
    Are there any multimedia enclosures out there (with or without hard drive) that play HD files. preferably 1080i/p files?
    Yes there are

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Obviously you work in customer service, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement