Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Sorry, but you missed your bus because you did not allow enough time for your shopping.
    Under no circumstances would I ever move to a window sill to pack my shopping into my trolley or bags. If people can't wait 2 extra minutes for a person to put their shopping into order, then what kind of an instant and demanding society are we living in?

It would be extremely bad manners to do that in Aldi, when its against their policy and there's literally signs everywere stating so.

Nothing more frustrating than being behind someone who completely disregards this and holds up the whole queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Against policy but no penalty for doing so. Apart from death stares from everybody behind you...

My TA is quantity of laundry. Day after day there's not enough to put on a load, then all of a sudden there's too much to go in the machine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Against policy but no penalty for doing so. Apart from death stares from everybody behind you...!

There should be batons at all the checkouts and a button that turns off the CCTV for these situations

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I’ve no issue with the “system” but I do not like the speed at which the checkout operators fly through the items.

Sometimes it can be too fast to even refill the trolley. I had one the other night almost knock “produce” onto the floor by trying to scan through in record time. There was no one behind me at the till either.

It’s the least “enjoyable” aspect of shopping in those type of stores.

They're timed and monitored on them, that's why. They're expected to have a scan rate of 1,500 items an hour and it's a bollocking from management if they consistently fall below that. Something the contrarians who seem to think they're winning some kind of moral victory by purposely pack at the till would do well to bear in mind (that's not aimed at you, btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

SusieBlue wrote: »
    It would be extremely bad manners to do that in Aldi, when its against their policy and there's literally signs everywere stating so.

Nothing more frustrating than being behind someone who completely disregards this and holds up the whole queue.

Tell that to the little 80 year old woman who has to lug her bits and pieces over to a window sill rather than being allowed 2 minutes grace to put her vegetables in a bag when she hands over the money.
    These supermarkets should introduce self service checkouts as an option for the speedy Gonzales of society and let the rest of us pack our bags without the evil eyes boring into our backs :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Tell that to the little 80 year old woman who has to lug her bits and pieces over to a window sill rather than being allowed 2 minutes grace to put her vegetables in a bag when she hands over the money.
    These supermarkets should introduce self service checkouts as an option for the speedy Gonzales of society and let the rest of us pack our bags without the evil eyes boring into our backs :)

Yeah I’m sure most reasonable people wouldn’t take issue with a frail elderly lady doing that, quite an extreme example you’ve chosen there that isn’t reflective of the usual scenario.

Big difference between that and the people that intentionally ignore the policy because they think they’re above following the rules and almost take pleasure in the fact that it annoys and inconveniences others.
    If you want to pack at the till, shop in Tesco or Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Susie, we'll call a truce :)

My TA for this evening is that because it was a cloudy day, any stretch in the evening previously seen this week wasn't there today.

To thine own self be true

The groceries are going to weigh the same whether she bags them at the till or the shelf though???

The fact that nobody seems to wear socks any more. I feel like such an anachronism and I'm freezing looking at all the bare ankles on display all winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Ah come on now with the little 80 year old drama. People are talking about the ignorant fukers with a massive trolley that can simply toss their remaining stuff into the trolley ( like I do ), pay and move the few yards away to pack properly. People aren't complaining about a little old lady packing a few vegetables.

*Edit seen your truce reply purple. Fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Ah come on now with the little 80 year old drama. People are talking about the ignorant fukers with a massive trolley that can simply toss their remaining stuff into the trolley ( like I do ), pay and move the few yards away to pack properly. People aren't complaining about a little old lady packing a few vegetables.

*Edit seen your truce reply purple. Fair enough.

The people behind her are, most certainly, complaining. No one like a slow poke counting out the pennies.

These packing issues only arise when it’s your turn to face the “beep test”.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

These packing issues only arise when it’s your turn to face the “beep testâ€.

Ah right trolling for the craic, I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Cross over TV episodes. Just because I watch one or two of your shows don't mean I want to watch the rest of them. (Yes, I'm looking at you Chicago PD/Fire/Med).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Cross over TV episodes. Just because I watch one or two of your shows don't mean I want to watch the rest of them. (Yes, I'm looking at you Chicago PD/Fire/Med).

Yep, being forced to watch Med is infuriating, its a desperate show. I do love Fire and PD though

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Yep, being forced to watch Med is infuriating, its a desperate show. I do love Fire and PD though

Same here. I've no interest in Med or when they had Justice. But I do like the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Sorry, but you missed your bus because you did not allow enough time for your shopping.
    Under no circumstances would I ever move to a window sill to pack my shopping into my trolley or bags. If people can't wait 2 extra minutes for a person to put their shopping into order, then what kind of an instant and demanding society are we living in?

The whole point is that it is a discount store and therefore they need to get people through fast to make savings. When have you ever seen a full complement of cashiers in aldi or lidl? If you want time for idle chit chat with the cashier while you separate your groceries into frozen peas versus toiletries perhaps you should shop in dunnes. They love to go slow there. :p

TA not every statement or opinion is a damning indictment of the society we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

Why?

I'm not shoving it into everyone's face, just our dumb ass postie.
    Maybe you're happy getting a sh1t ton of unwanted paper.

Just had one before and I think even the neighbours put their junk mail in. It certainly wasnt adhered to! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Be right back

Politicians calling to the door and all their election leaflets, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,746 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Politicians calling to the door and all their election leaflets, etc..

Not content with not getting an answer at the front door (I wasn't bothered) a pair of canvassers barge in anyway!

Not content with not getting an answer at the front door (I wasn't bothered) a pair of canvassers barge in anyway!

Charming.. Representing their party well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Trying to get Venetian blinds for an extra wide window is sadly consuming my life today. This is not how I imagined my life planning out.

A pair of canvassers entered your home arbitrarily, uninvited and without permission? Sure Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The fact that nobody seems to wear socks any more. I feel like such an anachronism and I'm freezing looking at all the bare ankles on display all winter.

I see that alot. Runners/ shoes and no socks while I have a pair of big thick ones on to keep me warm.
    TA is I had to Google anachronism . Well it's not really a TA but 30 years after leaving school I find I enjoy learning new words . Too little,too late methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People having the nerve to cough and sneeze around me on public transport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Trying to get Venetian blinds for an extra wide window is sadly consuming my life today. This is not how I imagined my life planning out.

You didn't think it would have its ups and downs?

The joys of being an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When they close a thread rather than just remove individuals

People having the nerve to cough and sneeze around me on public transport

To be fair everyone is coughing and sneezing everywhere at the moment , I’ve had a cough for 3 weeks, everyone at work is coughing and sneezing, it’s pretty hard to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people who can't see something refuse to put on there glasses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

To be fair everyone is coughing and sneezing everywhere at the moment , I’ve had a cough for 3 weeks, everyone at work is coughing and sneezing, it’s pretty hard to avoid.

Especially because so many people refuse to use tissues, wash their hands etc. Eugh another TA of mine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement