Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-10-2019, 10:45   #1

Lost parcel - Who is responsible

Hi,

I ordered some stuff from Lifestyle sports. They used Nightline as their courier.

The parcel was due to be delivered this morning. On the tracker it says delivered with the note "porc h". There was nothing on the porch, or the neighbours porch. Honestly can't believe it.

Who should I be getting my money back from?
Advertisement
26-10-2019, 10:47   #2
_Brian

Go back to vendor.
It’s they you have your contract with, they chose the courier and they are responsible for interacting with the courier.

I’m Not sure what needs to happen regarding deliveries. There’s an increasing problem of incorrectly delivered parcels going mission as a problem of people receiving parcels and claiming they are not received.

Couriers leaving parcels without someone signing at the door are leaving themselves open to complaints, yet with people out working it’s hard to get a signature
Thanks from:
26-10-2019, 10:48   #3
gerard2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuba View Post
Hi,

I ordered some stuff from Lifestyle sports. They used Nightline as their courier.

The parcel was due to be delivered this morning. On the tracker it says delivered with the note "porc h". There was nothing on the porch, or the neighbours porch. Honestly can't believe it.

Who should I be getting my money back from?
Your contract is with lifestyle sports. Contact them first and see what they say. They can follow up with nightline.
(3) thanks from:
26-10-2019, 10:48   #4
whiskeyman

Have you contacted lifestyle yet?
26-10-2019, 10:55   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyman View Post
Have you contacted lifestyle yet?

I've emailed both, I managed to make it through to Nightline on the phone after ages of holding, who said that the driver couldn't be contacted but they texted him to say to call me urgently.

Was just wondering who is ultimately liable for this i.e who I should be pestering to get my refund as quickly as possible.

Was actually looking forward to this stuff. Really annoying tbh. Ruined my day already.
Advertisement
26-10-2019, 10:57   #6
L1011

Lifestyle are your point of contact and the responsible party
26-10-2019, 10:57   #7
Sinus pain

It may be hidden around some where - do you have a wheely bin? It could be in there - or some other hidey place. Surely a note saying porch is a bit stupid as you’d have to walk by it in your porch to get the note
26-10-2019, 11:00   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinus pain View Post
It may be hidden around some where - do you have a wheely bin? It could be in there - or some other hidey place. Surely a note saying porch is a bit stupid as you’d have to walk by it in your porch to get the note

The note is on the tracker. Sorry if there is confusion, there is no evidence that they were ever on my property.
26-10-2019, 11:01   #9
easypazz

Quote:
Ruined my day already.
Were you at home all day waiting for the parcel so you could sign for it?
Advertisement
26-10-2019, 11:03   #10
ted1

Quote:
The note is on the tracker. Sorry if there is confusion, there is no evidence that they were ever on my property.
That’s not what he asked. Check wheelie bins or around the side or similar
26-10-2019, 11:05   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by easypazz View Post
Were you at home all day waiting for the parcel so you could sign for it?

I'm not really sure what you are getting at here.

No they texted me at 6am to say it was going to be delivered between then and 8 this morning. I was awake in the bed around the time it was supposedly delivered. There was no knock or doorbell ring or anything.

They marked it delivered at 07:40 or so. It's not where they said it was, therefore items that I have paid a decent chunk of money for are now missing. It's hardly going to give me a spring in my step is it.
(2) thanks from:
26-10-2019, 11:06   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1 View Post
That’s not what he asked. Check wheelie bins or around the side or similar

I know. There is no wheelie bin available to him. I have checked everywhere around the house. I was walking around the estate for 15 minutes looking at porches.
Thanks from:
26-10-2019, 11:08   #13
easypazz

Quote:
I'm not really sure what you are getting at here.

No they texted me at 6am to say it was going to be delivered between then and 8 this morning. I was awake in the bed around the time it was supposedly delivered. There was no knock or doorbell ring or anything.

They marked it delivered at 07:40 or so. It's not where they said it was, therefore items that I have paid a decent chunk of money for are now missing. It's hardly going to give me a spring in my step is it.
Thats different then, sloppy from them. Contact the vendor, if they cant find it you get your money back. Worst case scenario you do a chargeback on your card and you get your money back.
(3) thanks from:
26-10-2019, 11:10   #14
Sinus pain

I’ve had parcels marked as delivered before and they weren’t - but were marked delivered to keep within delivery times (amazon prime) it may be dropped in later - I’d be back on to them to get the delivery driver to ring you
26-10-2019, 11:12   #15
Shelflife

Simple really, product not received by you. Leaving a parcel on a doorstep is not delivering it.
Don’t engage anymore with Nightline, simply tell lifestyle sports that you didn’t get it. It’s their problem.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion