Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
26-10-2019, 10:45   #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,673
Lost parcel - Who is responsible

Hi,


I ordered some stuff from Lifestyle sports. They used Nightline as their courier.

The parcel was due to be delivered this morning. On the tracker it says delivered with the note "porc h". There was nothing on the porch, or the neighbours porch. Honestly can't believe it.

Who should I be getting my money back from?
Mokuba is offline  
Advertisement
26-10-2019, 10:47   #2
_Brian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13,168
Go back to vendor.
It’s they you have your contract with, they chose the courier and they are responsible for interacting with the courier.

I’m Not sure what needs to happen regarding deliveries. There’s an increasing problem of incorrectly delivered parcels going mission as a problem of people receiving parcels and claiming they are not received.

Couriers leaving parcels without someone signing at the door are leaving themselves open to complaints, yet with people out working it’s hard to get a signature
_Brian is offline  
Thanks from:
26-10-2019, 10:48   #3
gerard2210
Registered User
 
gerard2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuba View Post
Hi,


I ordered some stuff from Lifestyle sports. They used Nightline as their courier.

The parcel was due to be delivered this morning. On the tracker it says delivered with the note "porc h". There was nothing on the porch, or the neighbours porch. Honestly can't believe it.

Who should I be getting my money back from?
Your contract is with lifestyle sports. Contact them first and see what they say. They can follow up with nightline.
gerard2210 is online now  
(3) thanks from:
26-10-2019, 10:48   #4
whiskeyman
Registered User
 
whiskeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,837
Have you contacted lifestyle yet?
whiskeyman is offline  
26-10-2019, 10:55   #5
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyman View Post
Have you contacted lifestyle yet?

I've emailed both, I managed to make it through to Nightline on the phone after ages of holding, who said that the driver couldn't be contacted but they texted him to say to call me urgently.

Was just wondering who is ultimately liable for this i.e who I should be pestering to get my refund as quickly as possible.

Was actually looking forward to this stuff. Really annoying tbh. Ruined my day already.
Mokuba is offline  
Advertisement
26-10-2019, 10:57   #6
L1011
Moderator
 
L1011's Avatar
Lifestyle are your point of contact and the responsible party
L1011 is online now  
26-10-2019, 10:57   #7
Sinus pain
Registered User
 
Sinus pain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 407
It may be hidden around some where - do you have a wheely bin? It could be in there - or some other hidey place. Surely a note saying porch is a bit stupid as you’d have to walk by it in your porch to get the note
Sinus pain is offline  
26-10-2019, 11:00   #8
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinus pain View Post
It may be hidden around some where - do you have a wheely bin? It could be in there - or some other hidey place. Surely a note saying porch is a bit stupid as you’d have to walk by it in your porch to get the note

The note is on the tracker. Sorry if there is confusion, there is no evidence that they were ever on my property.
Mokuba is offline  
26-10-2019, 11:01   #9
easypazz
Registered User
 
easypazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuba View Post
Ruined my day already.
Were you at home all day waiting for the parcel so you could sign for it?
easypazz is offline  
Advertisement
26-10-2019, 11:03   #10
ted1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 16,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuba View Post
The note is on the tracker. Sorry if there is confusion, there is no evidence that they were ever on my property.
That’s not what he asked. Check wheelie bins or around the side or similar
ted1 is offline  
26-10-2019, 11:05   #11
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by easypazz View Post
Were you at home all day waiting for the parcel so you could sign for it?

I'm not really sure what you are getting at here.

No they texted me at 6am to say it was going to be delivered between then and 8 this morning. I was awake in the bed around the time it was supposedly delivered. There was no knock or doorbell ring or anything.

They marked it delivered at 07:40 or so. It's not where they said it was, therefore items that I have paid a decent chunk of money for are now missing. It's hardly going to give me a spring in my step is it.
Mokuba is offline  
(2) thanks from:
26-10-2019, 11:06   #12
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1 View Post
That’s not what he asked. Check wheelie bins or around the side or similar

I know. There is no wheelie bin available to him. I have checked everywhere around the house. I was walking around the estate for 15 minutes looking at porches.
Mokuba is offline  
Thanks from:
26-10-2019, 11:08   #13
easypazz
Registered User
 
easypazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuba View Post
I'm not really sure what you are getting at here.

No they texted me at 6am to say it was going to be delivered between then and 8 this morning. I was awake in the bed around the time it was supposedly delivered. There was no knock or doorbell ring or anything.

They marked it delivered at 07:40 or so. It's not where they said it was, therefore items that I have paid a decent chunk of money for are now missing. It's hardly going to give me a spring in my step is it.
Thats different then, sloppy from them. Contact the vendor, if they cant find it you get your money back. Worst case scenario you do a chargeback on your card and you get your money back.
easypazz is offline  
(3) thanks from:
26-10-2019, 11:10   #14
Sinus pain
Registered User
 
Sinus pain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 407
I’ve had parcels marked as delivered before and they weren’t - but were marked delivered to keep within delivery times (amazon prime) it may be dropped in later - I’d be back on to them to get the delivery driver to ring you
Sinus pain is offline  
26-10-2019, 11:12   #15
Shelflife
Registered User
 
Shelflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,838
Simple really, product not received by you. Leaving a parcel on a doorstep is not delivering it.
Don’t engage anymore with Nightline, simply tell lifestyle sports that you didn’t get it. It’s their problem.
Shelflife is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet