Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Healy Raes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

wrjtrqB.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ok so educate me

What was the agenda for the Healy Rae for this election?

Everyone that landed at my door had an agenda, some policies they would do if they got voted in, what was the Healy Raes?

I have neither the time nor the inclination to attempt that mammoth task...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

mgn wrote: »
    No 1, stick it up to that crowd up in Dublin.

No 2, stick it up to the Dublin meida

Both of which they don’t do

So that’s 25k wasted votes

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Both of which they don’t do

So that’s 25k wasted votes

Yep, it's a sad indictment of the level of political intelligence of those voters. But it's a well-proven recipe for success now, the 'us against them's establishment in Washington Dublin'.

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep, it's a sad indictment of the level of political intelligence of those voters. But it's a well-proven recipe for success now, the 'us against them's establishment in Washington Dublin'.

That's a fairly broad sweeping insult.

Would you mind revealing which candidate such an intelligent person as yourself voted for?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

60% of boxes now opened;

Mike Healy Rae 9877

Danny Healy Rae 5697

How on earth did the TG4 opinion poll get it so wrong?

Did the Healy Raes finance it?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

seligehgit wrote: »
    How on earth did the TG4 opinion poll get it so wrong?

Did the Healy Raes finance it?:D

585 people interviewed mainly Irish speakers in West Kerry, the lads of Corca Dhuibhne and Dingle would always buy and sell ya and only an absolute mouth breather ape would vote for a Healy-Rae.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

theguzman wrote: »
    585 people interviewed mainly Irish speakers in West Kerry, the lads of Corca Dhuibhne and Dingle would always buy and sell ya and only an absolute mouth breather ape would vote for a Healy-Rae.

You haven’t a clue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

What do the Healy Rae's do for their constituents

Apart from enabling queue- jumping which is of no real benefit

Xwebstar wrote: »

As one of their constituents, SFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Quackster wrote: »
    As one of their constituents, SFA.

So.....34% first preference votes......and they have done S F A????

invicta wrote: »

Getting someone who is half illiterate a medical card or some uneducated farmer his CAP payments back because he made a balls of his paperwork doesn't count as work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Theres plenty of benefit to queue jumping when you want to get your chips quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Hasschu

They remind me of the Ford family in Toronto. Father was a member of the Ontario Parliament one son became Mayor of Toronto, he then became famous for drinking too much and being video taped smoking crack cocaine. As Mayor he invited anyone with public housing problems to call him directly with any problems they were having with Public Housing management. He actually answered the phone and followed up with solutions. His brother also an elected city councillor who dropped out of Community College after two months was elected Premier of Ontario (9 million population) two years ago. Granted the Premier had no drink or drug problems. Populism works everywhere, if you take care of the people they will take care of you. Wrt to references to culchies, the only Irish multinational I have seen evidence of abroad is Kerry Group (HQ in Tralee county Kerry) which has production facilities in Canada and the USA. I have seen their trucks on the highways and their products in the supermarkets. Guinness was swallowed up by a multinational company and much of its product is now brewed abroad.

Hasschu wrote: »
    They remind me of the Ford family in Toronto. Father was a member of the Ontario Parliament one son became Mayor of Toronto, he then became famous for drinking too much and being video taped smoking crack cocaine. As Mayor he invited anyone with public housing problems to call him directly with any problems they were having with Public Housing management. He actually answered the phone and followed up with solutions. His brother also an elected city councillor who dropped out of Community College after two months was elected Premier of Ontario (9 million population) two years ago. Granted the Premier had no drink or drug problems. Populism works everywhere, if you take care of the people they will take care of you. Wrt to references to culchies, the only Irish multinational I have seen evidence of abroad is Kerry Group (HQ in Tralee county Kerry) which has production facilities in Canada and the USA. I have seen their trucks on the highways and their products in the supermarkets. Guinness was swallowed up by a multinational company and much of its product is now brewed abroad.

Kerry is basically ran from Naas in Kildare and the slack jawed yokels voting for the Healy-Raes ain't industry leaders thats for sure. Think social welfare lifers, Love Island fans and Social Media morons.

invicta wrote: »

Unless you consider doing favours for individual constituents as working for your constituency. Which I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

With all the talk about the HR family, what about the Green Party Catherine Martin her husband and brother all running.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Make you wonder if someone has a list of the all the political "dynasties" in Ireland. They're everywhere, in all parties.

Danny re-elected to join Mike in the Dail again.

Danny re-elected to join Mike in the Dail again.

You mean join him at funeral

They go to the Dail f**k all

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/michael-and-danny-healy-rae-miss-80pc-of-vote-sessions-in-the-dail-38632362.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Ah sure yerra they're great lads, sure Jim got the planning because of Michael Healy Rae, (this actually happened)

Ah sure yerra they're great lads, sure Jim got the planning because of Michael Healy Rae, (this actually happened)

I don't doubt it.....

Everytime I think of them this always come to mind

I don't doubt it.....

Everytime I think of them this always come to mind

That must be constantly playing in your head.

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

Drunk

In my opinion he is practically unheard of around my part of south Kerry truth be told, but he should do very well because of the current climate of support for his party nationwide and because of the traditional support Sinn Féin has always enjoyed in Kerry.

From what I know Brendan Griffin is well liked and respected and deservedly so, but I think while he will be easily elected his vote may not reach it's peak this time around because he will be held back by being associated with being such a big supporter of Leo.

He is future leader material I'd say but the damage Leo and his advisers have done to this country will take a long time to repair.

I reckon Mike, Daly, Griffin, Danny and Foley will be elected, and in that order too.

Best of luck to all the candidates anyway and whoever wins I hope they do their upmost best for the people who elected them.

As predicted, we are so lucky in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Granadino wrote: »
    Make you wonder if someone has a list of the all the political "dynasties" in Ireland. They're everywhere, in all parties.

A list?! How about an entire book !

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dynasties-Political-Families-Johnny-Fallon/dp/1848401272

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

Drunk

Sadly we cant blame alcohol .Hes a teetotaler.

As predicted, we are so lucky in Kerry.

Well I guess we get what we deserve anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Danny's daughter Maura teaches Geography! I wonder does she adhere to her Dad's climate views in the classroom?

Advertisement