Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-12-2009, 21:41   #16
Fajitas!

Send a message via Skype™ to Fajitas!
Insert-gear, check these out;

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Taylo...eam-Tubes.html

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Muhle...ing-Brush.html

It goes slightly over the 30 quid mark, but postage is only 1.99 for next day delivery, and every man's man loves be able to make up his own lather and escape those dodgy foams

(Sandlewood cream ftw, btw)
Advertisement
15-12-2009, 22:16   #17
Novella

I used to really like my job but been getting screwed over lately Thank god it isn't what I intend doing forever!

All the boys on Boards are obsessed with pretty shaving!
15-12-2009, 22:25   #18
OldGoat

Shiney blades are to boys as shiney Louboutins are to girlies.
Thanks from:
15-12-2009, 22:27   #19
jellie

For anyone wondering what the shops in town are like - i was in there today, and it was busy but there wasnt many queues, lots of people around but not many buying. i was in from about 11.30-3, bit busier around lunchtime but the biggest queue i was in (hmv) was about 4/5 people stressfree for the most part! it can only get worse though..
Thanks from:
15-12-2009, 22:28   #20
Novella

I find it very hard to understand! I mean, shoes are actually pretty!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-12-2009, 22:28   #21
LadyMayBelle

I just finished my second placement for college...work not still not as a fully fledged staff member so felt odd..work; right now I'm not liking it. Last year I decided I wanted a art time job round xmas that was busy, festive and different from my normal line of work, so got a job in HMV..lasted only 7 weeks!
15-12-2009, 22:37   #22
eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.
15-12-2009, 23:51   #23
Aoifums

Its official, I hate school
I hate christmas tests!
Don't mention shopping to me. I have to do all my shopping on next Tuesday/Wednesday.
16-12-2009, 00:29   #24
Novella

Gonna be a hilarious xmas in my place, surprises all round! 'Cause I've spent the majority of my pay check already and not on presents!

I'm thinking of getting a MASSIVE box and filling it with balloons with a bar of chocolate tied on the end so that when my brother lifts the lid the balloons all rise out! Dunno if anyone has seen that ad on tv but he loves it! He'd have to appreciate the effort!
Advertisement
16-12-2009, 02:49   #25
Fajitas!

Send a message via Skype™ to Fajitas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novella View Post
I find it very hard to understand! I mean, shoes are actually pretty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eVeNtInE View Post
This post has been deleted.
I reckon it's just one of those 'man things' - Shaving with a straight blade or DE blade, making up a lather that actually smells nice (currently sandelwood & clearysage!), getting the right blade, etc - Then ending up with a lovely smooth face. It's one of those nice routines that couldn't be described unless you tried it.

Not that I'm suggesting Novella try it or anything...
16-12-2009, 03:03   #26
Lia_lia

Yay decided on a whim that me and my friend from work are gonna go on a shopping spree tomorrow. Bye bye holiday pay!
16-12-2009, 08:43   #27
OldGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoifums View Post
Its official, I hate school
I hate christmas tests!
Don't mention shopping to me. I have to do all my shopping on next Tuesday/Wednesday.
*Points - Laughs* HaHa

Quote:
Gonna be a hilarious xmas in my place, surprises all round! 'Cause I've spent the majority of my pay check already and not on presents!

I'm thinking of getting a MASSIVE box and filling it with balloons with a bar of chocolate tied on the end so that when my brother lifts the lid the balloons all rise out! Dunno if anyone has seen that ad on tv but he loves it! He'd have to appreciate the effort!
Nice idea but not so easy (or cheap) to pull off.
First, you'll need to rent a gasbottle of helium. Helium filled balloons will only maintain the 'floatyness' for a short period of time, a day at the most. So, if you want the balloons to lift a bar of chocolate on Christmas morning you really need to fill the balloons very late Christmas Eve. Now, to have that ready for Christmas Eve you'll probably need to rent the gasbottle for a few days. Getting a bit expensive now.
On the plus side, hilarity will ensue as every does the Squeeky Voice thing on Christmas morning.
16-12-2009, 10:53   #28
LadyMayBelle

Nice one Lia Lia!

By the way Novella, a word of caution if you do use the helium balloon item...make sure you don;t fill the balloons in a room with those textured ceilings...( maybe they are a bit old fashioned bow but some houses still have them)..We filled balloons a few years ago and let them float while we filled the others, but when they hit the roof they burst! So be sure to pick a room with a nice flat untextured ceiling
(2) thanks from:
16-12-2009, 15:40   #29
Novella

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoat View Post
Nice idea but not so easy (or cheap) to pull off.
First, you'll need to rent a gasbottle of helium. Helium filled balloons will only maintain the 'floatyness' for a short period of time, a day at the most. So, if you want the balloons to lift a bar of chocolate on Christmas morning you really need to fill the balloons very late Christmas Eve. Now, to have that ready for Christmas Eve you'll probably need to rent the gasbottle for a few days. Getting a bit expensive now.
On the plus side, hilarity will ensue as every does the Squeeky Voice thing on Christmas morning.
DANG! I really need to think things through in my head!
I doubt a huuuuge box with just a bar of chocolate sitting in it will go down quite as well!

Fajitas thinks I'm a beardy lady!!
16-12-2009, 16:08   #30
jellie

Quote:
DANG! I really need to think things through in my head!
I doubt a huuuuge box with just a bar of chocolate sitting in it will go down quite as well!

Fajitas thinks I'm a beardy lady!!
what about a huuuuuuge bar of chocolate? theres big giant dairy milks in the shops

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion