Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analysing 2 Census Forms

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'd be 99% sure they're the same, even with the parents' age discrepancies. Well done finding them.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭hayzer

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I'd be 99% sure they're the same, even with the parents' age discrepancies. Well done finding them.

Do you know why one says Born in America and the other in Dublin City? Thats got me thinking!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I couldn't guess - it's weird but I think the odds of a family having exactly the same names and ages (moreorless) as another family are ridiculous. It's possible that the mother was born in the States and came back to Ireland and then census enumerator heard it wrong.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Looks like the person who filled out the 1901 form had literacy and comprehension difficulties.
    The census enumerator filled out the 1911 one.

Advertisement