Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-11-2019, 05:12   #1
Always Tired

Maria Bailey's Final Statement in Comic Sans

I often find it hard to decipher whether our politicians are corrupt or just incompetent.

We knew Maria Bailey was crooked, but her font choice for this final statement just underlines how out of touch and clueless her and her ilk really are.

Even if she wasn't aware of how universally derided the font is (and if you aren't aware yourself, it is basically to a designer what a McDonald's burger would be to a Michelin star chef), when you select the font it tells you the name of it - COMIC... Why would you pick that for such a serious statement?

They really are laughing at us, all of them. I actually hope we have another recession maybe we might get rid of this crowd they are just Tories by a different name.
Advertisement
15-11-2019, 05:58   #2
Hoboo

It's a font. I'm not a designer or a wanker so I don't really care (not aimed at you). I don't get the outrage or whatever it is that Twitter users are experiencing.
15-11-2019, 06:01   #3
bobbyss

Rather odd. It's a little bit off. More style than substance? You would expect TN Roman.
15-11-2019, 06:11   #4
ButtersSuki

Because she’s tacky.
(3) thanks from:
15-11-2019, 06:14   #5
Gynoid

I used to think Comic Sans was quite cute and it does have an innocent, child like air, but then I grew up a bit to be a Garamond type of gal. Maybe she is going for cutesie divil may care innocent sassy lassie ?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-11-2019, 06:15   #6
padd b1975

I do love a bit of genuine copperplate if I'm honest.
15-11-2019, 06:39   #7
Badly Drunk Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Tired View Post
We knew Maria Bailey was crooked, but her font choice for this final statement just underlines how out of touch and clueless her and her ilk really are.

Even if she wasn't aware of how universally derided the font is (and if you aren't aware yourself, it is basically to a designer what a McDonald's burger would be to a Michelin star chef), when you select the font it tells you the name of it - COMIC... Why would you pick that for such a serious statement?
And the second part of the font's name is SANS, meaning 'without'. She was making sure there was nothing comic about her statement!

But seriously...who cares? Did you consider posting this in the 'Trivially annoying' thread?
(4) thanks from:
15-11-2019, 06:42   #8
machiavellianme

I found it hilarious that her latest bulletin dropped through the letterbox last night while all this is going on. Going for the sympathy card too with a picture of her with her late father front and centre.
There's a whole page dedicated to the environment and recycling, yet the bulletin is printed on environmentally unfriendly heavy colour card (at least 300gsm).
15-11-2019, 06:49   #9
Emmersonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavellianme View Post
I found it hilarious that her latest bulletin dropped through the letterbox last night while all this is going on. Going for the sympathy card too with a picture of her with her late father front and centre.
There's a whole page dedicated to the environment and recycling, yet the bulletin is printed on environmentally unfriendly heavy colour card (at least 300gsm).
The old adage of "Do as I say and not as I do" is common to all politicians and not to just the corrupt or incompetent group or party.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-11-2019, 07:14   #10
Omackeral

Where all my Wingdings people at?
(3) thanks from:
15-11-2019, 07:22   #11
Strawberry Milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omackeral View Post
Where all my Wingdings people at?
Swingdings, Mack, swingdings!
15-11-2019, 07:27   #12
Bishop of hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Tired View Post
I often find it hard to decipher whether our politicians are corrupt or just incompetent.

They really are laughing at us, all of them. I actually hope we have another recession maybe we might get rid of this crowd they are just Tories by a different name.
Personally I wouldn't have a clue about the intricate detailing or meaning of uses of different fonts, I wouldn't even know why one should be used for certain detailing as compared to another.
What's the big deal?
(4) thanks from:
15-11-2019, 07:29   #13
lawred2

Where's the statement?
Thanks from:
15-11-2019, 07:32   #14
Strawberry Milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawred2 View Post
Where's the statement?
https://twitter.com/mariabaileyfg/st...705579529?s=21
(2) thanks from:
15-11-2019, 07:34   #15
shar01

It's almost like a deliberate distraction

"Hey everybody, let's talk about a poxy font and forget about the crippling insurance rates!"

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion