Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-11-2019, 18:28   #16
celticsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanzo27 View Post
I was hoping to build this week but my Motherboard and RAM are delayed as they were sent to the wrong sorting hub in France and were returned. I don't know now when they will arrive.

Who did you order them off?? Getting a few parts myself and sticking to the UK stores!
Advertisement
06-11-2019, 09:53   #17
alanzo27

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticsfan View Post
Who did you order them off?? Getting a few parts myself and sticking to the UK stores!
I ordered from Amazon.de, Amazon.fr and Komplett. I got the best price for each component. The Motherboard and RAM were ordered from Amazon.de, and unfortunately I made a mistake and attempted payment with a savings account. Items were shipped and I then had to manually transfer the amount owed + €3 fee for bounced payment. Now the items have been returned due to a technical issue and I have to wait 10 days for a refund.

I'm just going to order from MemoryC.ie, they are based in Celbridge and I can collect from them. I will be paying slightly more but at least I'll have peace of mind.
06-11-2019, 14:35   #18
Redfox25

Quote:
I ordered from Amazon.de, Amazon.fr and Komplett. I got the best price for each component. The Motherboard and RAM were ordered from Amazon.de, and unfortunately I made a mistake and attempted payment with a savings account. Items were shipped and I then had to manually transfer the amount owed + €3 fee for bounced payment. Now the items have been returned due to a technical issue and I have to wait 10 days for a refund.

I'm just going to order from MemoryC.ie, they are based in Celbridge and I can collect from them. I will be paying slightly more but at least I'll have peace of mind.
MemoryC are good for that sort of stuff so fingers crossed you get sorted
06-11-2019, 21:23   #19
alanzo27

After a few hours of carefully assembling everything, my build is complete. I have changed the mobo and RAM as the MSI Mortar was out of stock, and the new mobo doesn't support 3600MHz RAM according to MSI.

I went with the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC and GSkill 3200MHz Trident Z RGB. Solid board apart from the BIOS issues. My 3800X was not being detected and the system refused to boot. I eventually got it to work but I had to flash the latest BIOS which took several attempts and clear the CMOS. Booting is hit and miss which is a common issue with a Ryzen 3000 CPU installed. Hopefully that can be resolved in the future.

I'm having a lot of fun with the RGB lighting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15730752194824720773737229519027.jpg (2.52 MB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 15730752795373161714249080262665.jpg (2.11 MB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 15730753165423994214917081345296.jpg (2.40 MB, 30 views)
Thanks from:
06-11-2019, 22:07   #20
celticsfan

Quote:
After a few hours of carefully assembling everything, my build is complete. I have changed the mobo and RAM as the MSI Mortar was out of stock, and the new mobo doesn't support 3600MHz RAM according to MSI.

I went with the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC and GSkill 3200MHz Trident Z RGB. Solid board apart from the BIOS issues. My 3800X was not being detected and the system refused to boot. I eventually got it to work but I had to flash the latest BIOS which took several attempts and clear the CMOS. Booting is hit and miss which is a common issue with a Ryzen 3000 CPU installed. Hopefully that can be resolved in the future.

I'm having a lot of fun with the RGB lighting.

Nice one!! I am going with that mobo myself after some indecision...If that's an NZXT H500 we will have similar builds,I am gonna go with the Noctua D15 Chromax version for a CPU cooler...

I will be limited in terms of ram height but am just gonna go with a single fan between the two heatsinks...

Have a link to the ram you went with by any chance??
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-11-2019, 22:26   #21
alanzo27

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticsfan View Post
Nice one!! I am going with that mobo myself after some indecision...If that's an NZXT H500 we will have similar builds,I am gonna go with the Noctua D15 Chromax version for a CPU cooler...

I will be limited in terms of ram height but am just gonna go with a single fan between the two heatsinks...

Have a link to the ram you went with by any chance??
Link for the RAM I bought.

https://www.memoryc.ie/25413-16gb-g-...kit-2x8gb.html

I went for the H510 Elite. I know it's expensive and the only differences compared to the other versions are the newer version of the RGB controller, front tempered glass and included RGB fans but I wanted those extras.

As there is no USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C header on the mobo the port is not functional on the case. It's only a minor downside and I doubt I'll miss it tbh.

Last edited by alanzo27; 06-11-2019 at 22:37.
13-11-2019, 17:26   #22
alanzo27

Just a quick update. I have the H510 Elite case, and from reading various tech forums and watching videos on YouTube airflow is apparantly poor due to the front tempered glass panel, and is placed low on recommendation lists for noise and thermals. I myself haven't noticed any issues. I'm not overclocking apart from using the XMP profiles for the RAM, and temperatures are well within optimal range.

Only issue I have is running RDR2 with acceptable performance/running the game at all like many others. Waiting for fixes and a full guide on optimising all settings including the advanced graphical settings for my hardware before playing the game.

Everything else is great, I'm very happy with my setup. I am considering buying an NVMe drive though as I'm convinced that my 1TB HDD used for backups and games is dying.
13-11-2019, 18:24   #23
K.O.Kiki

Quote:
Just a quick update. I have the H510 Elite case, and from reading various tech forums and watching videos on YouTube airflow is apparantly poor due to the front tempered glass panel, and is placed low on recommendation lists for noise and thermals. I myself haven't noticed any issues. I'm not overclocking apart from using the XMP profiles for the RAM, and temperatures are well within optimal range.

Only issue I have is running RDR2 with acceptable performance/running the game at all like many others. Waiting for fixes and a full guide on optimising all settings including the advanced graphical settings for my hardware before playing the game.

Everything else is great, I'm very happy with my setup. I am considering buying an NVMe drive though as I'm convinced that my 1TB HDD used for backups and games is dying.

Thanks from:
14-11-2019, 15:07   #24
alanzo27

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.Kiki View Post

That was quick, I watched Part 1 and wasn't expecting Part 2 yet.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion