Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-11-2019, 21:32   #1
molly09

Tights

I have been tan/skin colour tights are a big NO when wearing a dress on a night out......

So what about black tights , I believe these are acceptable, but what denier should I get .... full on 60/80 or more 20

Any thoughts on this
Advertisement
07-11-2019, 16:13   #2
meeeeh

Black 20 den are very fashionable at the moment. You can also get some patterns. Black 20 or 30 den with polka dots look great with minidress.

For myself I would wear whatever makes you comfortable or looks better with dress you are wearing. I know the fashion crowd don't like skin colour tights but many would also feel that tights should be worn for formal occasions (state visits for politicians or partners of politicians, royal families, formal work occasions). Way too many rules for something pretty insignificant.

If you are going for black sheer tights get good quality ones because pulled threads everywhere don't look very nice.
(2) thanks from:
12-11-2019, 21:09   #3
molly09

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeeeh View Post
Black 20 den are very fashionable at the moment. You can also get some patterns. Black 20 or 30 den with polka dots look great with minidress.

For myself I would wear whatever makes you comfortable or looks better with dress you are wearing. I know the fashion crowd don't like skin colour tights but many would also feel that tights should be worn for formal occasions (state visits for politicians or partners of politicians, royal families, formal work occasions). Way too many rules for something pretty insignificant.

If you are going for black sheer tights get good quality ones because pulled threads everywhere don't look very nice.
Thank you so much, I got black 20 den in mark and Spencer’s, they worked really well with the dress.
I would never have thought of going for a lower den as my black tights were also 60 den or higher
Thank you again!
(2) thanks from:
13-11-2019, 15:20   #4
RhubarbCrumble

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with tan/nude tights as long as they're NOT worn with open toed sandals.
13-11-2019, 15:41   #5
meeeeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhubarbCrumble View Post
Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with tan/nude tights as long as they're NOT worn with open toed sandals.
I don't mind them either. I think making sure they are the right shade it's also important. I think a lot of those fashions are dictated by people who travel in car/taxi and spend all their time in very well heated buildings. As much as I like fashion I think being warm is more important.

Anyway I like black sheer tights too. I think they can be slimming.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-11-2019, 16:18   #6
RhubarbCrumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeeeh View Post
I don't mind them either. I think making sure they are the right shade it's also important. I think a lot of those fashions are dictated by people who travel in car/taxi and spend all their time in very well heated buildings. As much as I like fashion I think being warm is more important.

Anyway I like black sheer tights too. I think they can be slimming.
Oh I like black sheer ones too but most of the time I couldn't be bothered fake tanning so the nude/tan ones come in handy then
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion