Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Returning stuff to amazon

Options
  • 06-11-2019 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

So for Christmas last year i ordered a samsung Fitbit from amazon and now we need to return as it’s faulty.

The order does not appear under “my orders” for reasons unknown but i have the confirmation of the order With invoice and order number in my gmail account.

However I am unsure as to how to proceed with returning to Amazon. Their site is not offering a CONSUMER HELP EMAIL option for me to contact.

Would appreciate any help? Samsung have already said to contact Amazon not them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Septic tank

Dots1982 wrote: »
    So for Christmas last year i ordered a samsung Fitbit from amazon and now we need to return as it’s faulty.

The order does not appear under “my orders” for reasons unknown but i have the confirmation of the order With invoice and order number in my gmail account.

However I am unsure as to how to proceed with returning to Amazon. Their site is not offering a CONSUMER HELP EMAIL option for me to contact.

Would appreciate any help? Samsung have already said to contact Amazon not them.

There is a customer services section on the website with a section that’s called questions about issues or something which pulls you into a chatbot message. Go through the chat and eventually there is an option to webchat with someone in customer services. They will be able to arrange a return label etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

There is a customer services section on the website with a section that’s called questions about issues or something which pulls you into a chatbot message. Go through the chat and eventually there is an option to webchat with someone in customer services. They will be able to arrange a return label etc

I sent an email, you have to authenticate a device to be able to live chat and we didnt get the notification to authenticate so had to go the email route.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

You can get through to live chat without bring specific

sugarman wrote: »
    By default it only shows your orders for the last 6 months.

There should be a drop down to select by year, i.e 2018.

You can then start a return request.

Just done it myself the other day.

Aye but the first post details that it doesn’t appear in myorders. I don’t know why. we have the email confirmation of the order to the relevant Email.

Twister2 wrote: »
    You can get through to live chat without bring specific

Only way I can do it is by logging in first so has to be specific.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Only way I can do it is by logging in first so has to be specific.

?? You log in as usual and select the chat option, quote the order number confirmed in the email you said you have. Nothing more specific than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Are you looking for a refund or a replacement? If it's a replacement, I'd just go to Fitbit directly, they are excellent to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's a year later to be fair,I cant see why they would refund you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Do you have a Samsung smartwatch or a Fitbit?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Check your orders isn't just displaying date related stuff e.g. just 2019 orders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's a year later to be fair,I cant see why they would refund you?

Why not

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Why not
    Because your warranty is with fitbit and not the payment provider?
    Amazon and other auction sites or payment providers do not offer warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

So where do i send my faulty kindle to then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Op purchased from amazon I believe. First point of contact is with them and not the manufacturer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

If you have to return, beware that most postal services from Ireland will not accept anything with a battery in it.
    I went through done of this last January with a Fitbit that never turned on (not bought through Amazon).
    I lost the will eventually and still have it sitting at home.

weisses wrote: »
    So where do i send my faulty kindle to then ?
    If it's an amazon product that's a little different.
    Amazon do not own fitbit. Last time I checked anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

If it's an amazon product that's a little different.
    Amazon do not own fitbit. Last time I checked anyway

Op should contact Amazon as its the point of purchase ...nothing to do with it being a payment provider or auction site

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Op should contact Amazon as its the point of purchase ...nothing to do with it being a payment provider or auction site

If the item was sold by a seller outside the EU, it may not be as straightforward as demanding Amazon replace or refund. The op would have to check who the seller was and where they are based. Also he/she needs to check Amazons policy on goods bought on the site from sellers other than Amazon.

Op, if you can’t find it in your Amazon order history, is it possible you bought it on eBay? I’ve often looked to re-order stuff online and had to check both sites as I couldn’t remember which one I bought the stuff on.

Only if purchased *from* as opposed to *through*
    Private sellers sell on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭raxy

Only if purchased *from* as opposed to *through*
    Private sellers sell on amazon.

You couldn't be more wrong. The item was purchased through Amazon, even if it was a third party seller. I have had to return multiple items sold through Amazon & every time I contact Amazon who have organised any refund/replacement. You can contact the seller through Amazon if you wish but do not have to.

• Advertisement

raxy wrote: »
    You couldn't be more wrong. The item was purchased through Amazon, even if it was a third party seller. I have had to return multiple items sold through Amazon & every time I contact Amazon who have organised any refund/replacement. You can contact the seller through Amazon if you wish but do not have to.
    The online equivalent of "FACHT" I see.
    Go back to your chess, pigeon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The online equivalent of "FACHT" I see.
    Go back to your chess, pigeon.

You are the one giving factually incorrect advice here, which gives you even less basis for throwing insults around. Don't post on this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    If you have to return, beware that most postal services from Ireland will not accept anything with a battery in it.
    I went through done of this last January with a Fitbit that never turned on (not bought through Amazon).
    I lost the will eventually and still have it sitting at home.

Fitbits etc do not have batteries, they have single cells. Postals providers should be aware of the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Fitbits etc do not have batteries, they have single cells. Postals providers should be aware of the difference

I'm pretty sure they're not, but interesting...
    I'll have to suss what actual difference is.
    As far as i know there are similar issues shipping watches

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they're not, but interesting...
    I'll have to suss what actual difference is.
    As far as i know there are similar issues shipping watches

Ignore an post, as they are useless, and have a look at say DHLs docs on shipping lithium batteries/cells

Advertisement