Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-08-2019, 19:21   #1
Black Bart

Ferry Crossing

Hi guys.

A colleague of mine has told me about an experience he and his family had with a ferry company operating out of Ireland, to briefly summarise, they booked a cabin for the 8hr sailing and discovered half way through the sailing that one of the mattresses was covered in dried in bodily fluids, that would have appeared to have been there for some time, one of the other bunks had blotted blood stains on it.

He complained to the ferry company who issued a text book apology, a refund and a meal voucher and sent him on his merry way, however would anybody else think this is worth pursuing any further, they literally had to sit in the same clothing for up to four hours before the got home to change and shower. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
27-08-2019, 19:31   #2
Odelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
Hi guys.

A colleague of mine has told me about an experience he and his family had with a ferry company operating out of Ireland, to briefly summarise, they booked a cabin for the 8hr sailing and discovered half way through the sailing that one of the mattresses was covered in dried in bodily fluids, that would have appeared to have been there for some time, one of the other bunks had blotted blood stains on it.

He complained to the ferry company who issued a text book apology, a refund and a meal voucher and sent him on his merry way, however would anybody else think this is worth pursuing any further, they literally had to sit in the same clothing for up to four hours before the got home to change and shower. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Yes, they should take it further. They should send the company an email or letter thanking them for resolving the issue quickly instead of a long drawn out process.
(3) thanks from:
28-08-2019, 13:40   #3
Black Bart

May I ask have you travelled by sea lately?
28-08-2019, 14:04   #4
L1011

What more are you expecting than a refund, exactly?
28-08-2019, 14:07   #5
PhilOssophy

He accepted their compensation, case closed I'd say?
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
28-08-2019, 16:10   #6
Odelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
May I ask have you travelled by sea lately?
Yes I have.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion