Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't see a LIONS Thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 locaoimh

wowy wrote: »
    I'm only fairly new to following NFL, and had to choose a team without any thought or research....

Some crazy endings to games so far. Looks like we've a difficult 2nd half of the season with some big games away to other teams chasing playoffs (Saints & Giants) along with a trip to the Cowboys, as well as hosting the 3 return divisional games. Can we keep riding our luck with these insane 4th quarters?

Slay should be back after the bye week, but from what I read, it looks like Levy has no certain date for return.

Yeah, Stafford has been a beast for those 5 wins. Last season the second half was brilliant. It def won't be so easy this season.

Nice to be sitting in 2nd place tho.....for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

According to a few beat writers, Levy should return a week or 2 after the bye. Hard to know if those reports are accurate though. Even if he does come back, you would would have to think he'd be would be rather rusty. In week 1 after a whole previous season out, he looked very average, so I wouldn't bet on him transforming the the D if he returns.

Good to see the defence show up yesterday (4th quarter aside), although against a fairly weak offence. Hopefully they can take heart from the performance & improve further after the bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Lionbacker wrote: »
    According to a few beat writers, Levy should return a week or 2 after the bye. Hard to know if those reports are accurate though. Even if he does come back, you would would have to think he'd be would be rather rusty. In week 1 after a whole previous season out, he looked very average, so I wouldn't bet on him transforming the the D if he returns.

Good to see the defence show up yesterday (4th quarter aside), although against a fairly weak offence. Hopefully they can take heart from the performance & improve further after the bye.

The vikings o is awful. Really should have another couple of wins. Texans :mad::mad:

Raoul wrote: »
    The vikings o is awful. Really should have another couple of wins. Texans :mad::mad:

Well on the other side of the coin, we could have easily had a few more losses. Look how many games were won in the last minute or so. it's a complete toss up in situations like that.
    Rather than the Texans, the one that really got away in my opinion was the Titans:(

Well on the other side of the coin, we could have easily had a few more losses. Look how many games were won in the last minute or so. it's a complete toss up in situations like that.
    Rather than the Texans, the one that really got away in my opinion was the Titans:(

Yeah, the Titans was a crappy loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

locaoimh wrote: »
    Yeah, the Titans was a crappy loss.
    And to think if Andre Johnson had retired before the start of the season he wouldn't have been there to catch that winning td
    🙂

Here are two crazy stats coming out of the game last Sunday

https://twitter.com/SprowESPN/status/795651543408246785/photo/1
    Entering Sunday, teams that were down exactly three points with 30 seconds or less in the 4th quarter and the ball inside their own 30 were 0-98 since 2001.

The Lions are the first team sincer the 1982 Raiders to win five games while trailing in the 4th quarter within the first nine games in the season

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/795449016272166913/photo/1
    Matthew Stafford is the first QB since the NFL merger with 5 game-winning drives in the team's first 5 wins of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb5gACD7tJ0&feature=player_embedded

Good clip of Lions getting the praise they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Funnily enough after the game had taken place I went on presnapreads to see if there'd been an article posted about Stafford. Talking about the MVP campaign that never was or something. He said that any hope of Stafford winning had gone after the Texans game and he hadn't been playing that well anyway. Now while I don't think Stafford will win MVP due to a number of factors outside of his level of play, clearly you should never count him out.

Funnily enough after the game had taken place I went on presnapreads to see if there'd been an article posted about Stafford. Talking about the MVP campaign that never was or something. He said that any hope of Stafford winning had gone after the Texans game and he hadn't been playing that well anyway. Now while I don't think Stafford will win MVP due to a number of factors outside of his level of play, clearly you should never count him out.
    In true Stafford style he won't be in with a chance of winning it until late in the 4th quarter (of the season) ;)

• Advertisement

I suppose one good thing to come out of last nights game, is that I fancy our chances of beating the Seahawks in the playoffs than I do of getting past the Giants.
    The Seahawks have been a spluttering side of late, since the loss of Earl Thomas, going 3-3 in their last six games, which includes struggling to a win against an awful 49ers team yesterday.
    Still a tall order, seeing as we are away, but beatable none the less.

So overall pretty great start to the season. Mixed feelings about it being another comeback but at least we really cemented the lead.

Stafford looking to continue on from where he was before injury.

The defense actually looking pretty good.

Golloday showing big play ability and allowing Tate to work out of the slot.

Prater is a hero.

If we can get the run blocking going we quite actually look kind of balanced. The Giants will be a good tester to see where we are especially as Monday night game.

Also saw this fun graphic. https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/907348274482434048/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fdetroit-lions

I was seriously impressed by the D. I know that Palmer might not be as good as he once was and DJ got injured but the D was supposed to be sh*te!

Golloday and Tate looked great. Didn't think the running game looked up to a lot but hopefully Abdullah can get going.

Greg Robinson going/gone and Decker coming back. O line is looking good 😀
    Maybe a somewhat decent run-game will follow

Zoton wrote: »
    Greg Robinson going/gone and Decker coming back. O line is looking good ��
    Maybe a somewhat decent run-game will follow

Don't think we'll see any improvement rushing this weekend, because TJ Lang has been rules out with concussion & the Browns are a decent enough team against the run.

Glad to see Robinson gone though. Even if they keep Decker back for one more game, I've much more confidence in Mahalik than Robinson.

Don't think we'll see any improvement rushing this weekend, because TJ Lang has been rules out with concussion & the Browns are a decent enough team against the run.

Glad to see Robinson gone though. Even if they keep Decker back for one more game, I've much more confidence in Mahalik than Robinson.
    Crazy that a converted defensive end has been better than a first round pick.

With the Packers loss today, do we start getting playoff hopes up? 😬

With the Packers loss today, do we start getting playoff hopes up? ��

Basically, assuming we can win out (hoping Rodgers will now sit out the rest of the season, now that their playoff hopes are gone), we need the Falcons to lose two out of their last 3 games; which are the Bucs tonight & than the Panthers + Saints to finish off the season. It's plausible to see them losing those last 2 games so here's hoping.

Seattle are also ahead of us though?

Don't tell me the score of the game last night. Will watch it at lunch haha.

Seattle are also ahead of us though?

No, we're ahead of them due to a better conference record.
    If they level that up next week (we are playing out of conference at Cincinnati), we will still be ahead due to a better record in common games (assuming of course we manage to beat the Bengals).

• Advertisement

So it is still on! Woo. So annoying that the Golden Tate TD that was called a TD by the refs then changed and had a 10 second run off might cost us.

Why do the Lions always find new ways to lose haha.

So it is still on! Woo. So annoying that the Golden Tate TD that was called a TD by the refs then changed and had a 10 second run off might cost us.

Why do the Lions always find new ways to lose haha.

Yeah, that was a kick in the teeth. It wouldn't have been so bad if the refs had ruled it short in the first place. There was time for a spike and one final play but that 10 second run-off really screwed us:(

Yeah, that was a kick in the teeth. It wouldn't have been so bad if the refs had ruled it short in the first place. There was time for a spike and one final play but that 10 second run-off really screwed us:(

Exactly. That will be another rule change as a result of the Lions losing a game.

Who do people want as the new head coach? After all I’ve read I think Patricia would really be able to make something happen. Obviously highly intelligent and adaptable.

Also great to have 2 first tea am all pros.

Who do people want as the new head coach? After all I’ve read I think Patricia would really be able to make something happen. Obviously highly intelligent and adaptable.

Also great to have 2 first tea am all pros.

Yeah, he'd be my choice too. Nothing I've read has sold me on Vrabel at all, so I hope Patricia is the man hired.
    Looks like they are only ones being seriously considered.

Yeah, don't really want Vrabel, though I do trust Quinn.

Would also be great if we could somehow get Callahan for the oline.

Putrid stuff again today. Patricia is safe for another season, but Jim Bob is gone for sure come January.

Putrid stuff again today. Patricia is safe for another season, but Jim Bob is gone for sure come January.

Yeah, awful to watch. Can't understand how they keep bringing in Blount for running plays. He's always seems to get stuffed or lose yards, killing drives.
    Stafford has no one to throw to so it was always going to be a struggle, but getting rid of Tate seems like a big mistake now. I suppose there may be some little hope of getting him back in free agency, cause he's doing very little in Philly right now & can't be very happy there having such little impact.

Patricia needs a good season next year, or his & Quinn's positions may start to be questioned.

• Advertisement

Are we feeling hopeful heading into Week 2 against the Packers, or has all that preseason hype dropped like a game winning pass to Deandre Swift?

Advertisement