Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to save money in the UK as an Irish student

Options
  • 31-05-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

One thing I do know is that in London is as a student there is a good chance you don't have to pay the full whack on the Council tax, but I was wondering if there were any other ways to save money as a student on regular bills and the like?

Another thing I have been finding is that it is quite hard to get a student account over here if you have not been a resident for more than 3 years. Does anyone know of places to get a decent student account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

If everyone you're living with is a fulltime student, your house will be exempt from paying council tax. We never paid a penny in our house anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Most student accounts have the residency rule unfortunately though if there's a branch on campus they can be more lenient about it. Whether they will bend the rules or not is another story, but it has been known ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I had to get an international student account with Santander.. they charge £6 a month for the current account, but they waived that fee for me after 6 months.

Advertisement