Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCA & UCAS

Options
  • 24-02-2009 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi!

I have a friend (go me) who is looking to apply to colleges in Scotland, he has his Leaving Cert Applied (which he did well in) and also a FETAC certificate in computing, though he doesn't want to do a course in computing. Is LCA recognised by UCAS? would he have a chance of getting into any colleges over there?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

are you your friend by any chance??

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Tim131

triple-M wrote: »
    are you your friend by any chance??

No, I've done my leaving cert last year, and have got a place in Aberdeen university, I didn't know what LCA was until I was talking to my mate.

Do I have your approval, random stranger? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Tim131 wrote: »
    No, I've done my leaving cert last year, and have got a place in Aberdeen university, I didn't know what LCA was until I was talking to my mate.

Do I have your approval, random stranger? :rolleyes:

i dont think it is recognised, aberdeens a great spot btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Best bet is to either email/ring UCAS or the college concerned.

regob wrote: »
    i dont think it is recognised, aberdeens a great spot btw
    Yah, So I've heard, its a bit out there, but I think I'm gonna take a gamble, it has a good rep and the course there seems perfect for me.
    Best bet is to either email/ring UCAS or the college concerned.

Yah I told him that too, anyways he decided not to go down the UCAS route for this year anyways. Thanks though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

wat course are you planning to do anyways mate

regob wrote: »
    wat course are you planning to do anyways mate

Computing Science, I'm waiting on a reply from my last choice before I can firm it.

I also going to insure Napier University (I can get into 2nd year) but I know feck all about Napier, there hardly any review on the web about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Napier ist great, In the U.K people look down on so called 'new' universities and i doubt many people in Ireland would have heard of it.

In Edinburgh you have Edinburgh University which is one of the best Universities in Europe for I.T, V tough to get into but if he could get in there with a bit more legwork id highly reccomend it.

Advertisement