Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A-Levels

• 23-04-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi Guys....just finishing up 5 year here but may have to do my final year {leaving cert} in uk just trying to gather as much info as possible on curriculum comparisons etc.....or is it possible at all at this late stage to make a successful transition?? any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.......thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The A-levels are done over two years in two parts - AS level (5th year for example) which is followed by A2 level (done in 6th year). Strictly speaking you have to have the AS before you can do the A2 so you would have to undertake two years of study in the UK to get the A-levels rather than just transferring in for a final year. The subject curriculum and intensity are different, with an A-level being considered more advanced than the leaving cert in the same subject, so it's not just a case of transferring over and slotting in.

If you have to go to the UK then you have to go, but you may need to do the full two years once you get there. If you have an area in mind it would be no harm to contact a school directly and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 patjog13

Thats a great help..thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Damixox

Hey I just finished fifth year in Ireland and my family is moving to uk this summer so I will have to do my last year of secondary school in England. I was wondering if anyone had any info on how the transition would work because i didn't do lower 6th form there and didn't do my AS exams for lower 6th form so I was wondering if I would have to do my AS exams at another time or what or would eg my summer exams in Ireland count as an AS exam or what ? Please help :')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I'm going to merge your post with an existing thread that is similar and move to NI & GB Colleges.

Advertisement