Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 1 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I didn't change a thing on the settings. It's whatever it was last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I didn't change a thing on the settings. It's whatever it was last year.

Not saying you did mate but defo not the same. I know painfully as somebody that missed the playoffs last year on points scored :cool:

Its not a big deal anyway I guess just something I noticed, once everybody is aware of it.

I don't mind changing it to whatever it's supposed to be. How would it have changed though? Do settings reset or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Trade has gone through anyway with me getting the better of it I think. I really thought freeman was going to have a break out season this year so the chance to trade my 4th WR behind Kenny Britt and a running back in dwyer that wont see any gametime for an upgrade at QB and handcuff in Battle means I should be in a stronger position for this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Unless Jason Witten goes nuts tomorrow night I should be back to .500 :)

Trippie wrote: »
    Trade has gone through anyway with me getting the better of it I think. I really thought freeman was going to have a break out season this year so the chance to trade my 4th WR behind Kenny Britt and a running back in dwyer that wont see any gametime for an upgrade at QB and handcuff in Battle means I should be in a stronger position for this year.

Only time will tell who gets the better of that trade. The Dwyer thing was a complete long shot wanted to hope he put in a serious week before mendehall and redmon got going and rob playing time didnt work cest la vie.

That said My recieving corps is better now and and we both got rid of bench players for starters so works for both of us TBH.

One week in neither Palmer or Floyd did anything, So neither of us can afford to be too smug. :)

That said Im now 3-1 and have the top score for the week having had the second top score in the league last week so Im not overly upset with how things are going thus far.

Improved to 2-2 and now on top in my division, very lucky :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Somehow find myself at 4-0 despite making a bit of a mess of the draft. Managed to pick up David Akers and Josh Freeman off waivers this week, which I'm very happy about.

Team is starting to take a bit of shape with Hartline doing very well, hopefully Jordy nelson starts producing a bit as well...

guys the way of working out ties is confusing the hell out of me.

Can anybody explain what the hell is going on as Id like to at least know how it works.

Im bottom of the 4th division and we all have identical 3-1 records

I havent the lowest points scored (so cant be that)
    I havent the lowest points differential (so cant be that)
    I havent the lowest head to head record (so cant be that)

It has me totally confused and I really want to know what is the tie breaker.

Dillion panters "lead" the division yet have the worst points scored and worst head to head in the division I cant understand whats going on at all, but given theres a high probability at least one tie will happen across the league for playoff sports / seeding etc I think we need to figure out whats going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I've the lowest points scored in that division and I'm top. Really confusing.

I think its ranked by the overall rank. I haven't a notion how the overall rank is calculated though :O

I think its ranked by the overall rank. I haven't a notion how the overall rank is calculated though :O

Nor do i. The settings say head to head but clearly it isnt working that way.

Im raising it now because its gonna kick off come playoff time if somebody unfairly misses out in a tie break situation.

I can manually put teams in the playoffs come the time so don't lose too much sleep over it. I have no idea why it's not sorting properly.

I could of been 2-2 but that blown call in the seattle green bay game cost me and now its looking like i´ll go 1-4, another tough year especially since i could very well be 1-5 after next week as well

Lads who's packers wackers ? Playing him this week and losing atm. Going to be close by the looks of it. He doesn't have a proper team though out (Has Calvin Johnson starting).

• Advertisement

Lads who's packers wackers ? Playing him this week and losing atm. Going to be close by the looks of it. He doesn't have a proper team though out (Has Calvin Johnson starting).

Not the only one look at Leitrim Gaels. Inactive for the past three weeks. :mad::mad:

So thats an auto kick for them ?

Another good week this week. Moved to 4-1

Opponent is finished and Im ahead and still have Schaub to play tonight. Going to have one of the top scores in the league for the third week in a row which is nice.

If its not Schaub throwing for 4 td's its Jamal Charles rushing for over 200 yards if its not that its Colston catching 3 TD's :D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Getting absolutely hockeyed by Raoul this week. He still has foster to go but is already well ahead, Cam, Jordy Nelson, Lawfirm, Hartline etc all terrible.

Next week looking dodgy too with Graham and Newton both on bye weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    Getting absolutely hockeyed by Raoul this week. He still has foster to go but is already well ahead, Cam, Jordy Nelson, Lawfirm, Hartline etc all terrible.

Next week looking dodgy too with Graham and Newton both on bye weeks.

Bit of revenge for last week! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have the highest score in the league and I'm 3 and 2. The lowest scorer in my division is 4-1.

• Advertisement

There's only 3 other teams with lower totals (who've combined for 2 wins). The joys of fantasy football :)

My opponent played a def on a bye and donal brown who was inactive and I'm still 22 points down with just decker to play. Still only fall to 3-3 but shocking performance this week :(

Damn A Rod !

Hopefully peyton doesnt put up 30 points tonight, our division is by far the weakest around, all 4 teams will be 2-4. I am screwed though as murray has gone down and with forte and bush left to carry the load its going to be a tough few weeks

two very clear groups of teams so far, those with terrible records and those doing well. in the weakest division 3 of us at 2-4 so tis all up for grabs. I think if someone can go 2-1 next three games they will put some space between themselves and the rest of the guys. Losing record to the playoffs ftw

I am 5 & 1 at the moment :D. Have been stayin quiet though because I don't want to jinx it.

Trippie wrote: »
    two very clear groups of teams so far, those with terrible records and those doing well. in the weakest division 3 of us at 2-4 so tis all up for grabs. I think if someone can go 2-1 next three games they will put some space between themselves and the rest of the guys. Losing record to the playoffs ftw

Were the playoff contenders decided by division last season? Could of swore it was on best record.

Were the playoff contenders decided by division last season? Could of swore it was on best record.

3 division winners and then best runner up record make up the 4 spots afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

4 teams????

It should be 6. Division winners and the two with the best record after that.

Masked Man wrote: »
    4 teams????

It should be 6. Division winners and the two with the best record after that.

Yeah, I thought thats the way it was been done.

• Advertisement

need 2 points from carson palmer and dez byrant to win with a score of 47 vs the number 1 ranked team. lucky to say the least. should win 3 in a row now

Forgot to set Miami (18 points!) as my D after picking them up so no D playing this week :mad:

Despite that 88 points with 2 players to go. Should pick up the win but if I'm pipped I'll be raging.

Dwyer being out hinders me a bit, looks like it will be double backfield of forte and bush this week. cannot complain too much though, somehow managed to be 4-4 with 3 win streak despite having the lowest points scored. if i can keep it up when i get my stars back healthy i should be able to hold onto first place in our terrible division

should win my 4th game in a row tonight, 67 points ahead with dez to play(not expecting much) he has romo,desean jackson,byrant and lance moore left to come.

Confused as to how I'm 3rd in my division yet the number 1 seed for the playoffs and the team on top of the division isn't even in the playoffs as things stand.

I just looked at it there now and the standings tiebreaker is down as head to head record. It should be points for and thats what has been creating all the confusion since the start I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭SixtyTwo

eagle eye wrote: »
    I just looked at it there now and the standings tiebreaker is down as head to head record. It should be points for and thats what has been creating all the confusion since the start I think.

Head to Head is the default and how the Prem is set. This only separates ties.

As for the team in 1st not in playoffs. Did the LM fix the 4 teams going to playoffs to 6? Should be Weeks 14,15,16 with 6 teams.

I dont get why though the guy in first isnt in playoffs. There is no setting to define who goes in other than defining the number. NFL.com has always done it on ranking though.

Rules here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80540573&postcount=2

It goes division standings (all 6-3)

Super Best Friends
    Corrigeen Crusaders
    Dillion Panthers

Yet it has Dillon Panthers (me) ranked 1st overall and 1st seed, Crusaders ranked 3rd overall with 5th seed and Super Best Friends ranked 5th overall and outside the playoffs.

The second seed is ranked second and tops their division at 6-3.
    The third seed is ranked 6th but tops their division at 5-4.
    The forth seed ranks 10th but tops their division at 5-4.

Those three seeds make sense as they've topped their division.

If I'm not top my division how am I #1 seed

7 teams tied on 7-4, including all 4 teams in my division, madness!

• Advertisement

That is crazy actually. Just glad I am one of those teams, can't see me doing too well in the future though, team is a disaster at the moment.

same as last year div 4 had 4 teams with winning records then aswell.

Its a pain in the ass being 7-4 and not being in the playoff spots when teams at 5-6 are but thats fantasy football for ya. I missed out on the playoffs last year with an 8-5 record i think and might miss out with an even better record this year

And I'm still the top scorer and stuck on 6-5, keep getting beaten by small amounts by teams having a better than average day. All I can do is hope that things go right for me from here on and I get my just rewards for averaging 98 points per week.

Whats the tiebreaker decider?

Head to Head, followed by Points scored I believe.

Think I'm in either way now though.

Head to Head, followed by Points scored I believe.

Think I'm in either way now though.

amnt sure of a win this week up by 13 and a bit and he has Nicks. But assuming I win and go 8-5

the wildcard battle will be the following 5 teams all failing to win thier divisions but sitting 8-5 so will it be the head to head of these teams against each other ?

that doesnt make sense as not everybody has played everybody. if it is this is how it turns out

Lucan Liverbirds 2-1
    Dillon Panthers 2-1
    Dublin Blades 2-1
    Eagle Eyed Patriots 1-2
    Dundalk Oriels 1-3

with Lucan and Dillon getting the spots on points scored.

Im pretty sure it will be Eagle Eyed and Dundalk who make it on points scored though

Either way Im on course to miss the playoffs for the second year in a row with an 8-5 record. HARSH !!

• Advertisement

Yeah, can't believe I am missing out. From 2nd seed most of the season to not even getting into a wildcard position. Very tough league this year. Good to see the majority of teams being active.

Personally I think 16 team leagues are less fun as you don't really have enough room to pick a good player off the waiver.

There have been good waiver pick ups though, Eagle eye picked up Leshore and Cobb, I've picked up Bryce Brown and Felix Jones.

Not a huge amount of them but there have been good players there to pick up.

There have been good waiver pick ups though, Eagle eye picked up Leshore and Cobb, I've picked up Bryce Brown and Felix Jones.

Not a huge amount of them but there have been good players there to pick up.

enough waiver talent picked up if you were smart then agian its good to see not too much talent floating around its supposed to be a battle to find gems. OK very few elite talents but plenty of viable options to improve lots of teams.

Josh Freeman #11 QB
    Russell Wilson #16 QB
    Colin Kaepernick QB

Mikel Leshoure #20 RB
    Felix Jones #25 RB
    Joique Bell #26 RB
    Bryce Brown RB

Randal Cobb #14 WR
    Cecli Shorts #15 WR
    James Jones #19 WR
    Golden Tate #32 WR
    Josh Gordon #33 WR
    Brian Hartline #34 WR
    TY Hilton #35 WR

Brandon Myres #5 TE
    Jermaine Gresham #10 TE

Well I was never really too high in waiver order when I saw someone I wanted so that probably didn't help.

I presume it will go on points scored to decide ties of more than 2 people? If so you should get in alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement