Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm in, as The Ironsides obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm in, as The Ironsides obviously.

You are now in the Premier League

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

So, the participants in Division 1 this year will be:

1. Trippie - mehtastic
    2. eagle eye - Eagle Eye Patriots

3. The Dazzler
    4. JaMarcus Hustle - Dunluce Demons
    5. Icepickle - Muppeteers
    6. Fisgon - Stompers
    7. D3PO - Dublin Blades
    8. Oatsey23 - Packer Whackers
    9. Sports Fan - Lucan Liverbirds
    10. Raddo - Dolfans
    11. Raoul - Dundalk Oriels
    12. Dr Slurm - Super Best Friends
    13. skeleton boy - Dillon Panthers
    14. malachyscott - Golden Nuggets
    15. Adrian522 - 4thandforever

16. Mattman_IFLAF

Those in blue are already signed up. I'm sending out invites to the rest as we speak so feel free to sign in whenever you get the chance.

Were there any issues last year that need to be addressed? Any rule changes, settings etc. would have to be discussed in the main thread so they could be changed among all leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

In, Dillon Panthers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Signed up now 4thandforever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

signed up, golden nuggets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,663 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Signed up, Eagle Eye Patriots. Its a bit early though isn't it? Theres a lot who haven't comfirmed in the Premier League yet. If a couple don't come back then I have to leave this league and it causes a major reshuffle all the way down through the leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

signed up, mehtastic

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

Corrigeen Crusaders are in !!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Signed up, Eagle Eye Patriots. Its a bit early though isn't it? Theres a lot who haven't comfirmed in the Premier League yet. If a couple don't come back then I have to leave this league and it causes a major reshuffle all the way down through the leagues.

Right now only 1 person looks to be dropping out of prem and kevs88 was the highest ranked relegated so he claims that spot

• Advertisement

1. Trippie - mehtastic
    2. eagle eye - Eagle Eye Patriots
    3. The Dazzler - Leitrim Gaels
    4. JaMarcus Hustle - Dunluce Demons
    5. Icepickle - Muppeteers
    6. Fisgon - Stompers
    7. D3PO - Dublin Blades
    8. Oatsey23 - Packer Whackers
    9. Sports Fan - Lucan Liverbirds
    10. Raddo - Dolfans
    11. Raoul - Dundalk Oriels
    12. Dr Slurm - Super Best Friends
    13. skeleton boy - Dillon Panthers
    14. malachyscott - Golden Nuggets
    15. Adrian522 - 4thandforever
    16. Mattman_IFLAF - Corrigeen Crusaders

Everyone has now registered. Sports Fan and Dr Slurm have yet to confirm they are taking part again this year - if you're reading this, please confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

Sorry, late to the party! Count me in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

You can count me in too.

Guys, can you please vote as to which times would suit you for the draft? Thanks.

http://doodle.com/mkutnbnb8d57hniu#table

Friday evening would suit me!

Friday evening would suit me!

Are you genuinely unavailable for all the other dates? It'll go to the date with the most votes, so voting for just the one that suits you most isn't much use (unless of course you can only do the Friday).

Are you genuinely unavailable for all the other dates? It'll go to the date with the most votes, so voting for just the one that suits you most isn't much use (unless of course you can only do the Friday).

The Friday and Saturday will be the most unpopular of all the days with the amount of football on that weekend in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Would like to avoid Sunday night if possible, as this is the PPR League draft. I'm sure there's more than me in both leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

any day is good for me, just the later the better as time difference is a killer for me

Hey. I could prob do Saturday or Sunday. Just have big interviews on the Tuesday.

• Advertisement

There were 2 options with more votes than any of the others, so I just flipped a coin.

The draft will be September 2nd (Sunday) @ 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

There were 2 options with more votes than any of the others, so I just flipped a coin.

The draft will be September 2nd (Sunday) @ 10pm.

Any chance my vote can be taken into account? I didn't realise that the deadline to vote was yesterday.

Afraid not. The poll was left open long enough for people to vote. If I were to change it now, there is at least 1 person who had already voted who would not be able to make the new majority date, and frankly I don't think that's very fair. They took the time to vote so they get the preferential treatment I'm afraid.

Was there a deadline given for the poll? :confused:

If there was then i apologise profusely that I missed it otherwise, I think its unfair if there wasn't. I did take the time to vote. I was leaving it as late as possible because it is difficult for me to know exactly what I am doing three weeks in advance.

And do you have some sort of condition that prevented you from, you know, actually saying something or am I expected to read your mind? And how come now you suddenly know what you're doing in three weeks? Fact is, you only bothered to vote once you realised the date chosen didn't suit you - that's also not fair. The only things GMs have to do is invite users into the league, set the draft date and make sure the league settings are what they should be. They're not here to send reminders and PMs every time something comes up. We're all grown ups, you shouldn't have to be chased to do something and be coddled and have your hand held while doing it. Either do it or speak up and say something if you cant. It's common sense and decency.

No I didn't vote or say anything before now as I didn't know that you were going to arbitrarily decide to close voting in the middle of the day on a Saturday (sorry, I can't read your mind either).

And yes, I understand the role of the gm, I actually helped in setting up the whole league system, I was also Gm in my division but I got promoted. I also set up the Madden leagues and I have to do regular polls, and I usually set up deadlines as to when people have to vote by. I don't 'coddle people', I also don't talk to them in a condescending agressive manner.

I obviously should have asked you to tell us when you were going to close voting as I would voted before the deadline but I didn't want to 'coddle' the gm, hold his hand or go chasing him to tell him how to organise the league efficiently.

I do actually conveniently know what I am doing on that Sunday, I was waiting to see if I was going to the all Ireland semi, only found out this morning that I am.

Look, fact is you didn't give a deadline as to when to vote so therefore I had no reason to say anything, I just presumed that you would let us know closer to the time that you were going to close the poll. Don't really see how you can think that you are in the right here. You simply decided yesterday that you would take the result of the poll without saying anything.

Edit - Why can't we just leave it until closer to the time and allow the other 5 people more than 4 and a half days to vote?

Monday edit - We have another person that was able to vote today.

For what it is worth the Premier League poll stays open for 2 weeks and closes on August 20th. But there are no rules on this in the charter so right now its at the digression of each gm or the members of the Division. I have no power around here just my 2 cents.

Tell you what Raoul, I'll transfer GM rights to you this evening. Do whatever the hell you like.

I'm not trying to be a dick. Just think that the poll should be open a bit longer. Or have a deadline as to when we have to get our votes in by.

For the record, the poll will remain open and we'll choose the most popular date voted for on 20th August (or before that if all votes are cast by then).

I've also apologised to Raoul via PM for being a massive jerk about the whole thing. Completely uncalled for, so apologies to all for the glorified hissy fit!

• Advertisement

For the record, the poll will remain open and we'll choose the most popular date voted for on 20th August (or before that if all votes are cast by then).

I've also apologised to Raoul via PM for being a massive jerk about the whole thing. Completely uncalled for, so apologies to all for the glorified hissy fit!
    Glad we sorted things out and hope there is no hard feelings :).

I am putting it down to pre-season jitters and nervousness. Not a good thing coming up to the draft JMH. :pac: You must have been planning to draft Chad Johnson after his displays in training last week.

Advertisement