Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dosing lambs

Options
  • 07-08-2020 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I dosed lambs with Zerofen last week but they're dirtier now than ever. They were out on fresh grass all week. Should I do them again with Levafas diamond?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

Put a bit of hay in with them. What did you dose with last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,647 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

clonagh wrote: »
    I dosed lambs with Zerofen last week but they're dirtier now than ever. They were out on fresh grass all week. Should I do them again with Levafas diamond?

Get them off that paddock and try and get hold of ground with a good herbal lay. Throwing wormers around like that will only store up future problems on your ground down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

I missed the zerofen. If you have sheep any length of time your lambs are probably have resistant to white wormers

Get a fec test done. Grass is just running through lambs at the moment so they need a source of fibre

You won’t know if it’s worms or wet grass until you do a test
    Cost about €15

Advertisement