Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Wick chapter 3

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Great movie. I thought the big battle involving Reeves and Berry was one of the best action sequences concieved in an action movie in over a decade or more.

Those dogs were badass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Great movie. I thought the big battle involving Reeves and Berry was one of the best action sequences concieved in an action movie in over a decade or more.
    I think that part was overlong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

disaapointed with this same as 2 really, seems the 1st one had that woah factor. The next 2 seem to be aiming for something that they never achieve.

Shame was a good idea for a multiverse but doesnt really land after 2 sequels.

am I the only one who enjoyed Polar (2019) with Mads Mikkelsen much more than John Wick 3?

had more of a story and I enjoyed the black humour.

(and the cans on the jumpsuit girl).

the actual 1 bit of humour in John Wick 3 was when he said "I get that" when the chick with the dogs went ape when one of them was shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Victor wrote: »

I thought that was perfect with the final action scene overlong. They really did go all out with that how absurd can we make things for Wick lark in the final act.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Victor wrote: »

I thought that was perfect with the final action scene overlong. They really did go all out with that how absurd can we make things for Wick lark in the final act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just watched it, absolutely brilliant. It's pure art seen this level of martial arts, a real throw back to the glory days.
    We have seen alot of it before in the other movies but they did try to be as creative as possible.
    It's an incredible trilogy that is still steam rolling through which is rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I can understand the criticism of some parts drawn out but he was up against the top assassin's of the high table, he couldn't just kill them with a chop and a blade.

We can change the line now- "John wick he once killed a man with a book , with a ****ing book!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,881 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Continental tv series will be a prequel series and it's not due till 2021 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

terrible & good so undecided.
    I enjoy the john wick movies for the over the top madness of them but this movie just felt like a video game – going through the levels where the enemies got tougher as the levels progressed finalising with the big bad end of level boss.
    I think a bit too much focus on the action fight scenes rather than story line (yes I know it’s an action movie) but it was like 2 hours of fight sequences and nothing much more.

Bring on John Wick 4/5/6 as I will be all over them but think number 3 is the worst of the bunch so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

also - how many dogs did Halle Berry have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Lionsgate has set Len Wiseman to direct Ballerina, an action spinoff of the lucrative John Wick franchise.

Ballerina focuses on a young female assassin who seeks revenge against the people who killed her family. The picture is on a fast track, with a script by Shay Hatten, whose credits include the Zack Snyder-directed Army of the Dead for Netflix and John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum.

The picture is being produced by Basil Iwanyk, Erica Lee and Chad Stahelski, with John Wick star Keanu Reeves an executive producer. The female character was glimpsed in the last John Wick film and it isn’t clear at this point whether Reeves will be in the film, though if he does it will be a cameo. Unity Phelan is in the credits of Parabellum under the character Ballerina, but I am not sure who will be the star of the spinoff.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/john-wick-spinoff-ballerina-len-wiseman-directs-female-centric-keanu-reeves-1202754898/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Len Wiseman? Jesus, now there's a walking embodiment of mediocrity. Given the standards this franchise has set with its action and choreography, going with such a Yes Man is disappointing. A good man to shot your TV pilot - I have a soft spot for Sleepy Hollow - not one to manage a favoured series famed for balletic action.

Will he get his Mrs to star in it?

If she wears tight leather I'll go see it.

God he is a horrible film maker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They divorced in 2016, presumably as Beckinsale was sick of being "that one from Underworld". Though I notice that her last one in the series, itself out in 2016, wasn't directed by Wiseman.

Lordy. The only way this news could be more underwhelming was if John Moore, Olivier Megaton or Brett Ratner got the gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Finally got round to watching this.

Totally daft :D

Can't wait to see the next one!

It's like they go one level exponentially dafter every film.

The nods to the Matrix "Guns! Lots of Guns!" and the Terminator Finger wag were hilarious!
    493803.gif

493804.gif

What's coming in the next one? Just wander around New York tearing the whole place up with M134 Miniguns as a homage to Predator? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Slydice wrote: »
    Finally got round to watching this.

Totally daft :D

Can't wait to see the next one!
    Same.
    I preferred this to the first two, as tongue was firmly pressed against cheek, where it belongs (though the first two were needed as stepping stones); so much so it felt like a played-straight action comedy.

The choreography for the fight scenes was very good, though Keanu looked so wrecked sometimes that it looked a little laboured and telegraphed.

Looking forward to the next ones, though I'd say the ones inevitably set in space will have lost their charm. Ya never know though, it is an inventive franchise with a clear and practical philosophical message; don't harm someone else's dog. Simple, but effective. Kinda like Keanu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Only got round to seeing this now. Probably the weakest of the 3, they did try to add more plot but it was completely non sensical. Some fight scenes were good, others not so good. I guess it gets hard to keep it exciting as it'll never live up to the freshness of the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

John Wick Chapter 3 is on Netflix now.

• Advertisement

Finally watching this at the mo. Annoyed this Taylor wan from Billions is in this, she's pretty weak and always plans the same wooden character
    funny seeing jerome in it

John Wick 5 now confirmed it will be shot back to back with 4

‘John Wick 5’ Confirmed By Lionsgate; Sequel Will Be Shot Back To Back With Fourth Installment

Keanu Reeves is back in the back-to-back sequels game with John Wick 4 and 5 aiming to film consecutively next year.

On today’s Lionsgate earnings call, the studio’s CEO John Feltheimer said, “We’re also busy preparing scripts for the next two installments of our John Wick action franchise, with John Wick 4 slated to hit theatres Memorial Day weekend 2022. We hope to shoot both John Wick 4 & 5 back to back when Keanu becomes available early next year.”

The sequel, John Wick 4, is currently scheduled for May 27, Memorial Day weekend.

John Wick has become such a big action franchise for Lionsgate, not just in its global franchise B.O. through three movies of $584.2M, but there’s a Starz John Wick TV series The Continental which is looking to premiere sometime following the fourth movie.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/john-wick-5-confirmed-by-lionsgate-sequel-will-be-shot-back-to-back-with-fourth-installment-1203006611/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

John Wick 3 is currently available on Netflix....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Polar on Netflix is an amusing time filler while you’re waiting

I preferred it to JW3 tbh

ok cool, this text might look weird in a few weeks, months, but i will watch it after Trumps riot in DC is quelled....

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    I preferred it to JW3 tbh

Great villain to be fair and I had no idea until he appeared :)

Great villain to be fair and I had no idea until he appeared :)

Some bangers on yer wan also.

Love the way he took a timeout to sample the goods even though he knew she was an assassin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

Watched JW3 the other night.. Twas grand but think it would have benefitted from twenty minutes shaved off the running time... Plus they are getting repetitive at this stage

glasso wrote: »
    Some bangers on yer wan also.

Love the way he took a timeout to sample the goods even though he knew she was an assassin!

Danger ride :)

gonna watch this one tonight....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

I put off watching Polar for ages, had no idea it was a sort of ridiculous tongue-in-cheek John Wick style movie. I really enjoyed it.

gonna watch this one tonight....

Come back here after and let us know

will do... as long as there are no random attempted coups...

Homelander wrote: »
    I put off watching Polar for ages, had no idea it was a sort of ridiculous tongue-in-cheek John Wick style movie. I really enjoyed it.

it has way better and more memorable characters than John Wick.

I watched that last night... It is a great movie. loadsa fun.
    Mads is a great actor.. I could watch him bake a cake...

I can see the similarities with John Wick, an aging but still dangerous hitman, with extreme accuracy... but the film has a lot more goofy moments.... and an over the top Lucas (great ending for him).... and they got the similarity with the dog finished with fairly quick...

Lot of fun, lots of hot ladies, and I would recommend it, if you don´t take things too seriously..

I watched that last night... It is a great movie. loadsa fun.
    Mads is a great actor.. I could watch him bake a cake...

I can see the similarities with John Wick, an aging but still dangerous hitman, with extreme accuracy... but the film has a lot more goofy moments.... and an over the top Lucas (great ending for him).... and they got the similarity with the dog finished with fairly quick...

Lot of fun, lots of hot ladies, and I would recommend it, if you don´t take things too seriously..
    I felt the same, it was a nice surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is VM1 on Friday

John Wick The Continental will be a 3 night special event series on Starz set in 1975 New York.

Advertisement