Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theory to fit this description

Options
  • 09-02-2010 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm trying to find a theory that may explain in some way how "something" placed into correct context becomes more understood or "ok".

As an example, say you take a raw egg and ask someone to eat it, a lot of people may say no to that request, but when you take the egg and add flour to it in order to end up with a baked cake (though I know other ingredients and mixing etc. is required) the egg as a component of the cake becomes understood or "ok" to eat when it is placed together with the other ingredients...

The example might be poor but it's the best way I can think of describing what I'm looking at.

I know there are gestalt theories relating to the "whole" being more than the sum of the parts that the whole is made of, but was curious if there are any others that may better explain it in relation to more of the "context" of the egg's place within the other components (ingredients) for the cake - it's not the "whole" I'm concerned with, it's the understanding of the "egg" within the "whole".

Thanks for any input or guidance.

Comments

Advertisement