Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

2 weeks since the Kilmaley game so doubtful they'll be affected, Lissycasey will probably have to be tested.

This could be Eire Og's year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

Does that mean that Cratloe are just straight up thrown out of the Senior Championship and Eire Og get a walk over into the next round ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Clareman wrote: »
    2 weeks since the Kilmaley game so doubtful they'll be affected, Lissycasey will probably have to be tested.

Interesting to see how this plays out. Think the game will get played somehow. Like what happens if this scenario occurs just before the final. Do the other team automatically win??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

BnB wrote: »
    Does that mean that Cratloe are just straight up thrown out of the Senior Championship and Eire Og get a walk over into the next round ?

That is what was apparently agreed to when we went back playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

That's very harsh.

By the same token though, I can't really see any alternative, especially so close to the fixture date and such a short window to get it run off. I wonder if they got all players tested etc could they possibly be allowed play football next weekend.

• Advertisement

Interesting to see how this plays out. Think the game will get played somehow. Like what happens if this scenario occurs just before the final. Do the other team automatically win??

Do we not have a bit of space between the date set for final and the proposed first round of intercounty

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭KIB4Life

First Off I would like to say that I hope the individual in question makes a full recovery from the virus.

There are a few Kilmaley players that play with Lissycasey Mikey O’Neill and Páraic McNamara, so could still potentially affect the Kilmaley game. Also the two Griffin brothers from Lissycasey Ryan and Aaron play hurling with Ballyea, so could potentially affect the Ballyea, Clooney Quin game.

There was a case in Killeavy in Armagh where a player tested positive and four more players then tested positive, so the likelihood is that there will probably be more players who have contracted the virus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

https://twitter.com/ClarecastleGAA/status/1292129111079620608?s=19

By all accounts Clarecastle were lucky to score that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I’m told eire og Cratloe is just postponed. That’s all info I got on a message.

Not sure how that would work and doesn’t suit eire og anyway being a dual club

I’m told eire og Cratloe is just postponed. That’s all info I got on a message.

Not sure how that would work and doesn’t suit eire og anyway being a dual club

Doesn't suit either club

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1292153356773920768?s=19

The Bridge won 0-20 to 1-13

So after half the games the Bridge, Feakle, Kilmaley and InaMona are through to the quarter finals. Hard to know what'll happen to the championship now with Cratloe and Eire Og being postponed as both clubs are dual clubs, I'm guessing a mid-week game will be on the cards which could mean 3 games in 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Mills 6 points up going into injury time..shock there...

Clooney are really missing Duggan by the looks of things

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1292501696556535809?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭golfball37

Clooney are really missing Duggan by the looks of things

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1292501696556535809?s=19

Is Bruiser training them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

if all remaining players test negative then the the fixture can be replayed after isolation period , lissycasey players are waiting for results also at the moment as their managers son playes for cratloe so they all got tested just in case , they have suspended all club activity also

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    Is Bruiser training them?

no he is still playing at the moment

clonlara forwards were completely muscled out of it , when they did get a foothold late on they hit several wasteful wides , the backs gave far too many frees away in scoring positions especially early in the second half which allowed broadford build up a big lead , michael o loughlin the only stand out player for clonlara , totts non existent

broadford will be tough to put away but a more disciplined team will probably beat them

Hurling draws postponed, likely due to 1 unplayed game

Hearing rumours of a senior football down with Covid as well

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Apart from Cratloe? now 2 cases in Cratloe are the rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Apart from Cratloe? now 2 cases in Cratloe are the rumours.

More cases than the UK per hundred thousand. Wow. And all the ranting and raving about how great we are ...and the Anti British crowd sorry...anti Conservatives were out talking rubbish...
    Still I hope Cratloe can get back playing soon. Great club .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

BloodyBill wrote: »
    More cases than the UK per hundred thousand. Wow. And all the ranting and raving about how great we are ...and the Anti British crowd sorry...anti Conservatives were out talking rubbish...
    Still I hope Cratloe can get back playing soon. Great club .

Our Population is so small that any cluster outbreak is going to send the stats wild. If the Midlands cluster is contained, then the numbers should come back very quickly... If...

Cratloe have acted very responsibly. The concern is that if we don't play games and say 1 club goes down again, like Cratloe, both Championships will be stopped. The game need to be played (if safer to do so), so that delays later are minimised.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Why cant Cratloe just be excluded from the championship now?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Because they're Cratloe. There are a few clubs that would get the benefit of the doubt. I would imagine if it was one of the lesser clubs they would award the walkover!
    By lesser I mean , not having county board representation or a manager from the county team involved etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭fire_man

What are the options to being discussed at today's meeting?

Advertisement