Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Nowso wrote: »
    yes u need a sat dish for 8900 as its a satellite only box

Even for iptv

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Even for iptv

iptv u dont but android is much better for iptv if u have it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

downloaded E2 openatv 6.3 it wont scan any terresterial channels..and i couldnt load wooshbuild..got as far as step three then couldnt get webif browser no matter how i tried. i must be doing something wrong. i continued to load the e2 default openatv skin. couldnt scan any irish channels. it scanned the uk channels. but no epg details. also said no web browser installed or any portals. i gave up and went back to the spark2 default.. guess its not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

iptv u dont but android is much better for iptv if u have it

Xtream Editor works well on the Aliens ,I was surprised at how good the performance was in PurE2.
    I never tried Hyperion as I'd been incorrectly led to believe that the Aliens could not handle iptv well.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Xtream Editor works well on the Aliens ,I was surprised at how good the performance was in PurE2.
    I never tried Hyperion as I'd been incorrectly led to believe that the Aliens could not handle iptv well.

Wonder is it worth getting it down from attic to see if it's any good for eye pee tv using pure2 or has anyone tried it yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Wonder is it worth getting it down from attic to see if it's any good for eye pee tv using pure2 or has anyone tried it yet

I have it running iptv on PurE2 ,works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

downloaded E2(not wooshbuild) it wont scan any terresterial channels..
    Check that the terrestrial tuner is set to 8Mhz bandwidth. Very distant memory that it would default to the wrong value. Others with better memory might know more :o

Must give it a go cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Does it need an m3u?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Have you tried recording a stream?

• Advertisement

sorry folks but on the wooshbuild techkings step by step page it says that the webif browser opens automatically on your box when you click the link for each box... how exactly does it open? as i cant get it to open obviously with the box in set up.

https://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-infinity-for-all-enigma2-boxes.140702/

webif (web interface) allow you control the box remotely using any web browser on your home network. You simply enter the box network address (192.168.xxx.xxx unique to your home) into your web browser address bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

sorry folks but on the wooshbuild techkings step by step page it says that the webif browser opens automatically on your box when you click the link for each box... how exactly does it open? as i cant get it to open obviously with the box in set up.

https://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-infinity-for-all-enigma2-boxes.140702/

You open the link on a network attached PC or other device with a browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Well if you have nothing better to do, why not!:D

So I tried again. Nothing else to do on a saturday but not much joy.

So I tried again. Nothing else to do on a saturday but not much joy.

Is the box on and running when you try connect, is webkif installed?

It looks like its finding your box

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Is the box on and running when you try connect, is webkif installed?
    Yeah. All running. It's gives a blue screen and says sorry your box encountered an error and reboots when trying to format initialize the USB.

Yeah. All running. It's gives a blue screen and says sorry your box encountered an error and reboots when trying to format initialize the USB.

So you cant connect your hard drive, cant tune any channels and cant connect webkif? Sounds like the image is either fecked or for a different box maybe?

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    So you cant connect your hard drive, cant tune any channels and cant connect webkif? Sounds like the image is either fecked or for a different box maybe?
    it's a Sab box so that could be it.the image is for the amiko 👽

• Advertisement

it's a Sab box so that could be it.the image is for the amiko 👽

Most of them are interchangeable but I've never tried whoosebuild ,I know the spark image for the Sab needs to be for the exact brand box, are you set on trying to use that exact image? Hyperion 4.5 is bulletproof as anyone on here will testify to, I have it running on my Sab years now

I might try Hyperion tomorrow. For now I switched back to spark

Here is an upto date back off Open atv with wooshbuild for amiko alien 2

set up for wifi atm easily change that - soarview region will need changing in autobqtsmkr and Tuner

set up for tv - other iptv playing apps can be added by plugins

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f8yc2pn00gkfzsm/AAB0aKdWa4UkiRCq021w0o-3a?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭deezell

Here is an upto date back off Open atv with wooshbuild for amiko alien 2

set up for wifi atm easily change that - soarview region will need changing in autobqtsmkr and Tuner

set up for tv - other iptv playing apps can be added by plugins

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f8yc2pn00gkfzsm/AAB0aKdWa4UkiRCq021w0o-3a?dl=0

No joy getting this to boot from image manager partition, I wonder is it the Wooshbuild utility on boot up. Ive had no problem putting Pure and Hyperion on .
    It's odd, I've tried to get a fresh image from OpenA.tv site, I can't get a password reminder, it says email not recognised, but I can't register, it says email already used. I probably registered there donkey's years ago. Couldn't register with work email either.

deezell wrote: »
    No joy getting this to boot from image manager partition, I wonder is it the Wooshbuild utility on boot up. Ive had no problem putting Pure and Hyperion on .
    It's odd, I've tried to get a fresh image from OpenA.tv site, I can't get a password reminder, it says email not recognised, but I can't register, it says email already used. I probably registered there donkey's years ago. Couldn't register with work email either.

best is to boot it from spark id say thats how i backed it up

I had a bit of time today so I put the Alien 2 back into usage in the kitchen.
    I flashed the PurE2 image onto it as I've heard good things about it .
    Very impressed with it so far ,its got some very nice features and loads of plugins on the feed.

For example , you can run the image off a usb drive so the flash memory size isn't restricted.
    You can have different images on different partitions ,so you can multiboot.

Anybody else using PurE2 ?

So is it possible to run Hyperion V4.5 image from a USB on its own! That way memory could be saved.

cyndale wrote: »
    So is it possible to run Hyperion V4.5 image from a USB on its own! That way memory could be saved.
    Yes, all thanks to a plugin called Image Manager, and solid state hard drives, or SSDs. a modest capacity USB stick will do, assuming you don't need 100's of GB for recording. I used a 16GB stick I had lying around. I formatted this as EXT4, essential, then split it into 4 partition, 3 of 1.5 GB and one on 11.5 GB. the latter I mounted as HDD, for epg and some recording, the other 3 as SDA1, 2 and 3. Using the tutorial from Gorski about halfway through this page, (Ignore the one from Ahmed Gayze),
    https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/137448-explained-how-to-install-enigma2-image-on-the-external-flash-by-plugin-image-man/
    I installed PurE2 image on SDA3, using Image manager for both install, then to reboot to the Pure2 partition. This worked well, though Im not that taken with it. I then installed image manager also on PurE2, this allowed me to boot back to Flash, where Hyp. 4.5 lives. I then used IM again, this time to copy hyp 4.5 to SDA 2, and booted from there. So now my Hyperion is running from the USB, giving me buckets of memory for additional plugins, etc. It's flying. I've a spare partition to try another image on

Yes, all thanks to a plugin called Image Manager, and solid state hard drives, or SSDs. a modest capacity USB stick will do, assuming you don't need 100's of GB for recording. I used a 16GB stick I had lying around. I formatted this as EXT4, essential, then split it into 4 partition, 3 of 1.5 GB and one on 11.5 GB. the latter I mounted as HDD, for epg and some recording, the other 3 as SDA1, 2 and 3. Using the tutorial from Gorski about halfway through this page, (Ignore the one from Ahmed Gayze),
    https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/137448-explained-how-to-install-enigma2-image-on-the-external-flash-by-plugin-image-man/
    I installed PurE2 image on SDA3, using Image manager for both install, then to reboot to the Pure2 partition. This worked well, though Im not that taken with it. I then installed image manager also on PurE2, this allowed me to boot back to Flash, where Hyp. 4.5 lives. I then used IM again, this time to copy hyp 4.5 to SDA 2, and booted from there. So now my Hyperion is running from the USB, giving me buckets of memory for additional plugins, etc. It's flying. I've a spare partition to try another image on

Great stuff, thanks for that!

1. Do I install ImageManager via Spark or Enigma?
    2. I have a 16GB USB that I have for the enigma2 picons in a folder, do I need to partition it or can I have Hyperion V4.5 on the same USB?

....... and one on 11.5 GB. the latter I mounted as HDD, for epg and some recording, ......
    You do realise that one long movie recording E.G. Lord of the Rings would be too big to fit in 11.5Gb

• Advertisement

cyndale wrote: »
    Great stuff, thanks for that!

1. Do I install ImageManager via Spark or Enigma?
    2. I have a 16GB USB that I have for the enigma2 picons in a folder, do I need to partition it or can I have Hyperion V4.5 on the same USB?

1. Via enigma. Ftp the .ipk plugin file to the tmp folder, then use plugin manager in the Blue Panel/Plugins/Addons/IPK Menu to find and install. Reboot to use.

2. Afaik, you need at least one extra blank partition to host the image, then the main partition is mounted as HDD. Have a read of Gorski's tutorial.

Edit.I think it has to be the rear mounted usb, not the front, so if you have a hard disk on the rear already, it replaces this. You can't use a hard disk partition as the drive would be going constantly so they say.

Advertisement