Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Tokyo Marui' anti-fog fan ventilation PRO goggle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've seen someone using them before but for the life of me I can't remember who. They do post here to the best of my knowledge.
    From what I've heard they're very good, the only detractions being from people who wear glasses underneath them (like myself), but I've heard nothing but impressive comments otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

NakedDex wrote: »
    the only detractions being from people who wear glasses underneath them (like myself), but I've heard nothing but impressive comments otherwise.
    :rolleyes:
    exactly what im buying them for.
    any detail on problems with glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

i think hairball on viper squad has one, almost 100% positive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

:rolleyes:
    exactly what im buying them for.
    any detail on problems with glasses?

It depends on the width of the glasses, I've heard many people say the leg bracket (the bit that sticks out from the lens frame before bending back to the hinge) and/or the rim of the frame is pushed back by the lens of the goggles. This is common with most goggles though, so it's not hugely surprising. The other common complaint is also shared with goggles; that they feel too tight while wearing glasses.

I've heard the JT paintball masks are better served to we speccies, however the majority are fanless and the fan assisted ones are a fair bit pricier than the TM one. I'd say your best bet would be to have a scout around for a full face that allows the goggles to take an Rx insert. The insert is a plastic frame, like a pair of glasses without the ear-legs, that connects into the goggle itself and allows you to use tight fitting goggles without compromising comfort or peripheral vision.
    Failing that, there are many stand alone goggles with that insert system, and some that can even have lenses milled to your prescription out of ANSI certified safety lens material (I use them at work). It all depends on how heavy or light your prescription is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

I have them, they work well even without the fan they dont fog up much. And with the fan on the slow setting they are pretty much fog free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

many thanks for the replies, lots of info to go on.
    i'll see how much money i have after crimbo and work from there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

do they abstract view through a scope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

theburi wrote: »
    do they abstract view through a scope?

Not so much they are reasonably low profile. The plastic on the faceguard is flexible so it allows you to rest your cheek against a stock reasonably well. Its still not as easy as wearing just glasses or goggles but not too bad.

Advertisement