Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Sighting in' airsoft weapons?

Options
  • 05-09-2006 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Hi, just something that I was wondering, as mentioned in the title line, how do you go about sighting in an airsoft weapon correctly. I know its simply a case of aiming at a target and firing, if the shots are to the left move your sight to the right slightly etc etc.

But is there a correct distance, in relation to the fps of the particular weapon, that a target should be set at to zero in the attached sights or scope correctly? Because I assume, to a certain degree, like a real bullet that the bb doesnt travel in a dead straight line, but in an arc....correct?

Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Any takers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

You certain you should move it in the opposite direction, certainly with bow sights you move it in the same direction as this causes you to aim the bow further in the opposite direction? In other words if your shots go left you move the sight to the left.
    As to it being an arc the projectile will exit the muzzle travelling in a pretty straight line but then gravity pulls it downwards so the longer the distance to the target the more the drop-off from the straight line estimate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

i need to zero mine in too, after i attached the scope to my AK its clearly way off, my shots travel well below the crosshair. I need to charge the battery fully before i can zero it properly and get the hop-up as i want it.

farohar wrote:
    You certain you should move it in the opposite direction, certainly with bow sights you move it in the same direction as this causes you to aim the bow further in the opposite direction? In other words if your shots go left you move the sight to the left.
    As to it being an arc the projectile will exit the muzzle travelling in a pretty straight line but then gravity pulls it downwards so the longer the distance to the target the more the drop-off from the straight line estimate.

I assumed, take an optic sight for instance, that if the shots were hitting say the top right hand corner that you would then have to move the sight to the left a few clicks(ie depending on range) and drop it a little, so that your shots would fall more to the left and lower than last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

if the bullet hits top right, you aim the scope towards top right your moving the scope to the bullet

• Advertisement

if the bullet hits top right, you aim the scope towards top right your moving the scope to the bullet

Should you not have the crosshairs fixed on the bullseye at all time and adjust the scope after each 3-4 shot grouping so that eventually the shots are falling in the bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

a quote from http://www.youngmans.com/acatalog/Setting_up_your_Scope.html
    For example if your group is one and a half inches high and two inches right at 25 yards, and you have 1/4 minute adjustment, then you need to adjust the sight 24 clicks down and 32 clicks left.

P.s nvm my last post, my first day off the fags :/ (have to pay for this somehow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bniall

Most if not all guns allow for the rear sight (some to front also) to be adjusted by turning a nob, using a screw driver or allen key. It depends on what make and gun you have. Post the name of you gun and make and i can see what i can do to help.

Hi bniall, at the moment I'm using a standard, out of the box VSR 10 Pro Sniper with the regular iron sights, but I will be fitting a scope as soon as I get a scope rail. So it was more the optical sights that I was looking for info on, I think I have it clear enough in my head now though. The darn instruction book is in Japanese (anyone here able to translate Japanese? :D ) with VERY minimal English.

What distance would you recommend for zeroing in the VSR with +/-300fps? I'd guess 20m or so :confused:

Advertisement