Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Some balls up after that interview.

Computer says "no".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭shearforce

sligojoek wrote: »
    Some balls up after that interview.

Computer says "no".

I had to laugh, like what's he using a record player from the 1950's or something.

It's constant with him. is there not a producer or whatever there that pushes the buttons?

Let me guess.

Ray cried watching the show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

Mary O' Rourke said to him today you've been so beneficial to the nation during lock down you've been so lighthearted for them :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

patrickc wrote: »
    Mary O' Rourke said to him today you've been so beneficial to the nation during lock down you've been so lighthearted for them :pac::pac:

Just shows one the value of Mammy’s opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No Ray its all you

{expiry date on a mouse ffs}

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Blaming the mouse now he is.....:confused:

its ok folks, if you dont live in coastline county, you can visit the Shannon, apparently it goes through all inland counties now....

Jaysus, he’s at it again with David Gray..can he not talk normally to these people.

This woman is not impressed with Rays childish observation about her hometown :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Is the All Ireland Quiz still going on or is it just we couldn't think of anything else, it worked (or at least people rang in anyway; let's ignore the actual listening audience...) and so we'll rehash it within weeks or it ending its first run?

Carlow v Cavan today; Larry Gogan must be turning in his grave with Ray doing something like this, while the Just a Minute Quiz didn't pit county v county it was done on a county basis so you might have Carlow one hour, Cork next etc. & actually at the end of the week or month the highest scorers went on air during his 12 Noon to 3pm programme to win the weekly/monthly prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jaysus, he’s at it again with David Gray..can he not talk normally to these people.

He wouldn't know normal if it was staring him in the face.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    He wouldn't know normal if it was staring him in the face.

You are correct,Sir.

I didn't hear it today but let me guess.

Ray, again, spent half an hour telling somebody that their best selling album is fantastic. Like he really needs the advertising.

Meanwhile plenty of decent musicians around the country can't get within an asses roar of an RTE interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ray interviewing

Hmmm. Uhhmm. Yeah. Uhmm. Hmmm. Hmmm. Hmmm. Uhmmm. Yeah. Some stupid question
    Repeat

If I was to take a shot every time one of them said " little" I'd be pissed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Red Fred

The WORLD EXCLUSIVE of the HSE advert about wearing masks will be aired later in the show . . . but only if Ray manages to press the right button.

Whats he blaming him messing up on today? his mouse? the set up?...the magpies maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭shearforce

I was in RTE a couple of years ago and got a pic of the studio...very confusing in fairness to Ray.

pc-cable-mess.jpg

Heard Tom (7) doing a movie review today. Taking the Tubridy route into RTE.

Start em young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

sligojoek wrote: »
    Heard Tom (7) doing a movie review today. Taking the Tubridy route into RTE.

Start em young.

I presume he was more eloquent than his father.

Brian Scan wrote: »
    I presume he was more eloquent than his father.

He most certainly was, a proper little speaker. Sounds a nice little chap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Red Fred

He most certainly was, a proper little speaker. Sounds a nice little chap too.

He would probably be better than his father at pressing the buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Red Fred wrote: »
    He would probably be better than his father at pressing the buttons.

There are people in deansgrange cemetery better at pressing buttons than odlums head.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ray - if you "work" for RTE earning over €400k a year I'm sure it is no problem taking a day off to celebrate your child's birthday.

Unfortunately for the rest of us that usually doesn't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

His singing along to the Sunday Game theme and faux excitement for his quiz is now the most irritating thing i deal with from Monday to Friday.

DK224 wrote: »
    His singing along to the Sunday Game theme and faux excitement for his quiz is now the most irritating thing i deal with from Monday to Friday.

Im not alone in that, also i was thinking it was finally over the first time around for them to revive it IMMEDIATELY because they cant think of anything else to fill in 15 mins. I missed the end of it the other day but they were even struggling to get someone to call in from in from one county (kilkenny i believe), i tuned out so im not sure if they got someone to call in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

BPKS wrote: »
    Ray - if you "work" for RTE earning over €400k a year I'm sure it is no problem taking a day off to celebrate your child's birthday.

Unfortunately for the rest of us that usually doesn't apply.

Shudda had a 'Three Bears' themed birthday party and placed bowls of porridge down for breakfast instead of Coco pops and pancakes and never mind McDonalds for lunch...take a few Oatmeal flapjacks and have a picnic in the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Shudda had a 'Three Bears' themed birthday party and placed bowls of porridge down for breakfast instead of Coco pops and pancakes and never mind McDonalds for lunch...take a few Oatmeal flapjacks and have a picnic in the woods.

We cant eat Coco Pops anymore. Apparently they are racist as they have a monkey on the box while their cousin Rice Crispies has 3 little white men on the box. (Can I still say "little" or is that offensive too?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

BPKS wrote: »
    We cant eat Coco Pops anymore. Apparently they are racist as they have a monkey on the box while their cousin Rice Crispies has 3 little white men on the box. (Can I still say "little" or is that offensive too?).

Sorry...I wasn't aware.

Snap Crackle and Pop are innocent.

Advertisement