Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone recommend a good trampoline for kids?

• 20-05-2020 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Looking to get the kids a trampoline and wondering if folk have any recommendations for places that are selling them and might actually have some in stock?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Bouncy ones are the best, them hard ones don't work very well

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

The ones that **** the kids over the hedge into the neighbours for a few hours. Great job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

It will become a rusty, eyesore of a death trap in a few weeks of irish rain

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Looking to get the kids a trampoline and wondering if folk have any recommendations for places that are selling them and might actually have some in stock?

Thanks.

Berg Trampolines. Expensive but amazing quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Trampampoline!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's amazing the amount of things that are considered essential for kids nowadays. Gotta love rampant consumerism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Would not recommend one unless going to be used by one child at a time op. One of my kids broke her leg on one 8 weeks ago, she's only beginning to walk againthis week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have a look at this video;

And you'll see 90% of the injuries in the first minute were cause by two things;
    • No netting around the side of the trampoline
    • Weak netting around the side of the trampoline
    So if getting a trampoline, ensure it has sturdy netting around it!

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Timber decking and trampolines - 2 true Celtic tiger backyard necessities that both become ugly, unwanted pieces of garden junk in the space of 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd recommend the one my neighbour has. Kids are on it all day long. Noisy buggers.

I'd recommend their actual one. Not just the same model. Take it away. Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,650 ✭✭✭✭ted1

the_syco wrote: »
    Have a look at this video;

And you'll see 90% of the injuries in the first minute were cause by two things;
    • No netting around the side of the trampoline
    • Weak netting around the side of the trampoline
    So if getting a trampoline, ensure it has sturdy netting around it!

They are all sold with netting now

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Timber decking and trampolines - 2 true Celtic tiger backyard necessities that both become ugly, unwanted pieces of garden junk in the space of 6 months.

5 years and still getting daily use. Couldn’t have survived lockdown without one. The kids use it to ages 4,8,10

It will become a rusty, eyesore of a death trap in a few weeks of irish rain

Galvanised metal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Got a standard one in Smyths 4-5 years ago - maybe 8ft - one or two kids use it happily, occasionally the 3rd child fits in it. I never thought it would get so much use! A little ragged in places but more or less still going strong and about to be taken apart and moved to its third home. I wouldnt recommend paying extra for anything fancy

Advertisement