Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway to Dublin - Bus vs Train

Options
  • 16-05-2019 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

The 4 times i traveled between Dublin Airport and Galway, I used both GoBus and Citylink which honestly, is just super cramped and uncomofortable to sit through for 3:30h. Now i saw there are also trains to Dublin from Galway and a shuttle bus from Dublin Heuston Station to the Airport.

Anyone made experience with the Train yet, cause it looks way more spacious and comfortable on the pictures + is 1h shorter than the bus route

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

If going to the airport, taking CityLink/GoBus is a no brainer.

That shuttle bus you talk about from Heuston to Dublin Airport regularly takes over an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Anyone made experience with the Train yet, cause it looks way more spacious and comfortable on the pictures + is 1h shorter than the bus route

Madness that anyone takes the train over the bus.

Bus is...

Much cheaper
    Direct (no bus connection at Heuston needed)
    Usually faster barring bad M50 traffic
    More frequent

The train as an airport option is mental and TBH notionsy. If you have the price of a train ticket, drive the journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

The train as an airport option is mental and TBH notionsy

“Notionsy”.

What the actual f?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭veryangryman

“Notionsy”.

What the actual f?

I have heard notionsy people use the phrase "Oh, i don't take buses".

Hence, notionsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭cuculainn

The 4 times i traveled between Dublin Airport and Galway, I used both GoBus and Citylink which honestly, is just super cramped and uncomofortable to sit through for 3:30h. Now i saw there are also trains to Dublin from Galway and a shuttle bus from Dublin Heuston Station to the Airport.

if its taking you 3:30 minutes on the bus to get to the airport you are on the wrong bus.

You may have accidently got on the commuter bus that goes through all the towns rather than taking the motor way

• Advertisement
Advertisement