Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Fine

Options
  • 12-05-2019 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Did you have a valid ticket to use the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

Just a piece of advice.

Taxsaver Ticket = EXPIRED = NO TICKET

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

edunne2010 wrote: »
    Just a piece of advice.

Taxsaver Ticket = EXPIRED = NO TICKET

+ 1 million

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Sunny.Days wrote: »
    I explained all this to the inspector and he was lovely, told me it should get appealed as it was only a couple of hours invalid. So I sent them an email and they're not having any of it.

I'd say he didn't want the grief.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Did you have a valid ticket to use the service?

That was answered in the post, were you not able to discern it. No he didn't it was clear from the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

I have travelled all around Europe by train/metro/bus etc, if your ticket expires the turnstiles won't let you pass through. As most tickets have a timestamp encoded on them.

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    That was answered in the post, were you not able to discern it. No he didn't it was clear from the post.

Correct, it was answered. The OP didn’t have a valid ticket. Fine stands.

edunne2010 wrote: »
    I have travelled all around Europe by train/metro/bus etc, if your ticket expires the turnstiles won't let you pass through. As most tickets have a timestamp encoded on them.

He didn’t validate his ticket. He chose to walk through the open barrier without validating. Had he validated he would have been alerted to the expired ticket. OP doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

Advertisement