Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

valoren wrote: »
    Short Sleeve.

Are you a smurf?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Thankfully nothing really creepy has ever happened to me,

but my father told me a creepy story that happened to him when he was about 10 years old that I will share, that still has him puzzled to this day.

It was in the early 1960's, around Christmas time, my father and grand father both farmers living in rural co. Leitrim.

It was a snowy day and there was a few inches of snow on the ground.

Anyway one day a strange sight appeared in the distance from the back of their farm house, it turned out to be an oldish man carrying a bag, he came across the field at the back of the house.

My grandfather brought this man into his house and he had dinner with my dads family.

My grandfather being the inquisitive type tried to illicit information from the man, according to my aunt she said she can remember my grandfather asking the man 'and how was your Christmas?' To which the man replied 'it was great and he never had a better one', while at the same time eating the dinner my grandmother had made for him.

After dinner he left, this time he continued on down a farm lane of ours in front of the house this time, he would have come from a west direction and progressed East.

After the man had left my father told me, he when out down the road to see if he could see the man going down our farm lane which he did, he was just about going out of eyesight at this point, my father then noticed this man left no footprints in the snow.

Over the next few days that passed, my grand father asked every neighbour in the area did they see the man that called to our house after describing him to them. No one had reported any sightings of this man.

It gives me goosebumps sometimes I think about it and it is very hard to make logical sense of it,

I can only assume it was a spirit that called to my grandfathers house that day, maybe it was a previous owner of our farm. Anyway it was a strange incident that both my dad and aunt can re call.

Are you sure this man wasn't Marty McFly in Back to the Future 3? :P

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-CX2vbJn77hbJmm/back_to_the_future_part_iii_1990_mcfly_farm/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

Was in Rome with my boyfriend during August a few years ago; for some reason almost every bar or restaurant was bloody closed. We were in the town centre and some Italian lads asked us for a cigarette. They seemed like nicely dressed normal young lads. We got talking, the lads were from Rome and big into their football etc. so we were talking about that, and Ireland etc etc. I asked the ringleader, who spoke English, if there was anywhere open to go out. After a lot of discussion with his mates in Italian he said yeah, there was some ring of pubs/clubs just outside town, ten minutes on the tram, sure we are going and we can show you where. Can't remember the name of the place but let's call it 'Il Strip' or whatever. We said grand. We were dying for a jar.
    So we all hopped on the tram (or was it a bus? I remember it as a tram) and chatting away to this one guy the whole time, the others didn't say much but there was a lot of him mumbling to them and then saying to me 'oh nearly there' etc. After about twenty minutes the landscape outside became definitely like suburban housing estates and flats so I had a look at my tourist map from the hotel. We were AGES outside Rome. Then I traced back to where we met the lads and about two fingerbreadths south marked on the map was 'Il Strip' or whatever it was called. We were gone miles and miles in the opposite direction.
    I looked at the Italian lad and he was staring straight back at me. Grabbed the boyf at the next stop and just as the doors were about to close pulled him off. Boyf got really annoyed and started shouting how rude I was etc. The lads never followed, just stared at us as the tram pulled off.
    Still don't know where they were gonna take us or for what.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

etymon wrote: »
    Was in Rome with my boyfriend during August a few years ago; for some reason almost every bar or restaurant was bloody closed. We were in the town centre and some Italian lads asked us for a cigarette. They seemed like nicely dressed normal young lads. We got talking, the lads were from Rome and big into their football etc. so we were talking about that, and Ireland etc etc. I asked the ringleader, who spoke English, if there was anywhere open to go out. After a lot of discussion with his mates in Italian he said yeah, there was some ring of pubs/clubs just outside town, ten minutes on the tram, sure we are going and we can show you where. Can't remember the name of the place but let's call it 'Il Strip' or whatever. We said grand. We were dying for a jar.
    So we all hopped on the tram (or was it a bus? I remember it as a tram) and chatting away to this one guy the whole time, the others didn't say much but there was a lot of him mumbling to them and then saying to me 'oh nearly there' etc. After about twenty minutes the landscape outside became definitely like suburban housing estates and flats so I had a look at my tourist map from the hotel. We were AGES outside Rome. Then I traced back to where we met the lads and about two fingerbreadths south marked on the map was 'Il Strip' or whatever it was called. We were gone miles and miles in the opposite direction.
    I looked at the Italian lad and he was staring straight back at me. Grabbed the boyf at the next stop and just as the doors were about to close pulled him off. Boyf got really annoyed and started shouting how rude I was etc. The lads never followed, just stared at us as the tram pulled off.
    Still don't know where they were gonna take us or for what.
    That may have been just a misunderstanding but you were probably right to err on the side of caution.

etymon wrote: »
    Grabbed the boyf at the next stop and just as the doors were about to close pulled him off.

More like creepy and unnerving...for everyone in the tram...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dorethy

I had completely forgotten about my weird/creepy experience until it was mentioned yesterday at home. In my family it's thought of as the "miracle" I was involved in, it still befuddles me a bit because I genuinely don't know what happened.

When I was 10 I went on a family holiday in Croatia and one Sunday evening was brought to mass by my mum in Medugorje a small town where our lady was said to have appeared. We were late and were ushered up into the third row down from the altar with me sitting on the aisle seat. There were several priests on the altar but it was all in another language so I wasn't paying any attention,just looking around at people and daydreaming etc as I usually did in mass .I remember there being a nice statue of our lady to the side of the altar that I was looking at.
    To me it was yet another ordinary mass until afterwards when lots of people starting swarming around us asking if I was ok, saying they'd prayed for me, telling me I was brave and great etc. I had no idea what they were talking about and my mum was not one bit happy and in a mad rush to get out of there as fast as possible, I asked what were these people talking but she said she didn't know. As far as I was concerned nothing had happened at all so I was happy to forget them.

Over the course of the next few days people from the hotel who'd been at mass were still coming up asking if I was ok etc. My mum asked me questions about it like "what did you think of that place the other night etc?" to try and prompt some conversation about it but I was just my usual self and mentioned nothing strange.
    Eventually she told me that at the end of the mass a priest had come off the altar to do a blessing with the host. When he did a woman right in front of me had got up and violently attacked him. There was lots of screaming and people running to get out of the front seats and it took several men to subdue this woman. I was probably 3 or 4 feet away from it but my mum said that during it I remained completely impassive, I was just looking over at the statue of our lady and she had tried to pull me away but I hadn't moved. She said to look at me it was as though it wasn't happening at all, my facial expression didn't change once during it but I didn't look like I was in a trance or anything.It lasted around 5 minutes she thought and she said herself she had never witnessed anything like the attack,the woman had a weapon and was walloping and biting the people trying to fend her off and making a very strange awful guttural kind screaming all through it. In the end she was carried out by 10 people,still screaming. I'm not sure whether the attack or me completely not reacting to it had weirded my mum out more. My mum told me not to talk to anyone over there about it and to anyone who asked to say I dont want to talk about it.

Anyway when we got home it turned out there had been articles in the papers over here about it that said the woman had been believed by locals to be possessed by the devil. People on holidays over there who'd witnessed it were on the radio (whatever the Joe duffy show was then) talking about it, very upset, saying the screaming was inhuman,that the woman was shouting satanic thing and that her seemingly super human strength had been terrifying. They also mentioned it taking ten people to subdue her and her being carried out.

Still to this day I remember absolutely nothing about it. I remember an ordinary boring mass. I was a very oversensitive child and if I'd seen such a thing I would've been terribly frightened and upset. My mum considers it a miracle, she said she prayed during it to protect me and when she went back to the hotel she'd been distraught thinking I was going to be traumatised for life. I cannot explain at all what happened myself but I'm grateful it happened as it did. I feel like it was some sort of protection that I just didn't experience it at all. Also I feel lucky I wasn't massively freaked out by it when I heard about it when I got home. I who had been terrified by Disneys Christmas Carol!

So my little miracle, the miracle where absolutely nothing at all happened. :)

Incidentally, I imagine the woman was mentally unwell, the possessed stuff was in papers over here and probably because she was shouting satanic things, I've no idea what people over there actually thought.

So weird! Very like something that happened me. Back in the '80s we were holidaying around Cork. We happened upon Ballinspittle and as it was slap bang in the middle of the "moving statues" thing, said we'd go back later that evening for the prayers.

So later on, the place is packed. Prayers being said in unison, and the odd "she's moving!" rippling through the crowd.I was about 12 and was also a sensitive, easily frightened kid.

Anyway, as we were leaving, I just remember being hurried out of the place by another adult in our party and when we got back to the car, being asked if I was alright!

I hadn't the foggiest what the others were on about. What had happened was that a man standing beside us had started cursing and shouting obscenities at the statue and everyone around him. He was challenged by the man who later asked if I was alright, and this man said that when the shouting man turned to face him, his eyes were like hot coals!! So he backed down and that was when we left and I was ushered out.

It's not that I have no memory of this today, it's like I just didn't experience it at all, even though, I'm told, I had to skirt around the shouting man to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PissFlapsDory

Pardon my hijacking the thread but something really strange happened yesterday.....Amy Hubermann didn't take a photo of herself standing in front of a mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Happened to my mum rather than me, but here goes... ( not supernatural)

She used to be a ticket seller/ collecter for various charities throughout Ireland in her 20s, so this would have been around mid 1970s. She was traveling around with a group of sellers but not driving herself, so they decided to drop her off in one town in the evening + pick her up the next day. Except when it hit about 7ish she realised most places would be closing early + no one around. So made up her mind to join the rest by hitching.
    It was getting dark out ( November) and not a lot of cars on the road, so she was really relieved when a guy pulls up and asks where she's going.
    He's all friendly and they chat for a couple minutes bout random stuff. She tells him a little about what she does, how come its so quiet in town etc.
    About 5min into the drive he starts getting really quiet, only grunting to acknowledge her. He starts driving really fast. About 10minutes in, he's sweating bullets (even though its cold) + she realizes that the road they are on looks completely unfamiliar, they should have been coming close to town by now. She says it to him but no answer at all.
    About 20minutes in she has decided that wherever this guy wants to take her, she definitely doesn't want to go. So coming up to a steep bend she waits for him to slow + jumps out.' You f***in b***ch!', he shouts out after her.
    Somehow she gets a relatively soft landing + takes of over the ditch and across a field, only stopping when she's concealed in a ditch on the other side. He continues to patrol in his car for about a half or three quarters of an hour, periodically yelling out curses for her. But even after he's gone, she's too afraid to leave ditch in case he may be on foot. Thankfully, less than an hour later she hears a tractor, which turned out to be a kind elderly farmer. He took her to his home down the road on the back of his tractor where his equally elderly wife made her tea + supper ( semolina+ stewed apple), got her cleaned up (she was badly bruised + pretty filthy) and let her use their phone. Thank god for elderly farmers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Sounds like a recent Cold Case programme except the farmer kept her as a slave

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

I have had numerous scary psychic experiences. When I was on another forum (not boards.ie) I made a thread with a suggestion. So I went back to browsing the forums and I decided I'd check to see if my thread had any views. While I was navigating to the section I posted the thread in I thought "Maybe about 56 views" and when I looked at how many views it had my heart nearly exploded. Right there under the "Views" column was 56. I almost killed myself in fright.

And there was another time. Let me give a little background. A guy was dying in hospital and someone else looked after his cattle for him while he was in hospital. The guy in hospital died and the guy who looked after his cattle wanted money off of the relatives for looking after the cattle. Anyway, I was in the same room as two of my relatives minding my own business and I heard one say to the other "X is looking for money for looking after the cattle. Guess how much." and 10,000 came into my head for some reason and when I heard my relative reveal the amount, it was 10,000. I was like "OMG" for two reasons. First of all I predicted it correctly and second, that's a ridiculous amount.

This continues to happen to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I have had numerous scary psychic experiences. When I was on another forum (not boards.ie) I made a thread with a suggestion. So I went back to browsing the forums and I decided I'd check to see if my thread had any views. While I was navigating to the section I posted the thread in I thought "Maybe about 56 views" and when I looked at how many views it had my heart nearly exploded. Right there under the "Views" column was 56. I almost killed myself in fright.

And there was another time. Let me give a little background. A guy was dying in hospital and someone else looked after his cattle for him while he was in hospital. The guy in hospital died and the guy who looked after his cattle wanted money off of the relatives for looking after the cattle. Anyway, I was in the same room as two of my relatives minding my own business and I heard one say to the other "X is looking for money for looking after the cattle. Guess how much." and 10,000 came into my head for some reason and when I heard my relative reveal the amount, it was 10,000. I was like "OMG" for two reasons. First of all I predicted it correctly and second, that's a ridiculous amount.

This continues to happen to me.
    You should concentrate on the Lotto numbers ! ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Had a bit of a weird one today. :/

I was at the local Supervalu, and saw a Parent & Child parking space come free. It was the end space closest to me, but rather than go against the one-way-system, I drove around the block of other cars to get to it. I was indicating to pull in, but still a few cars away, when a white van swerved in against the one-way-system to get the space.

It was a two-seater van, there was a man aged maybe 50-55 in it, and he clearly had no child with him. (By the way, I don't mean "white van" as in travellers. It was a small white van, the man looked like a professional person.) Now usually I'd say nothing, but I was a bit annoyed at the fact that he'd cheated the one-way-system (when I'd chosen not to) and anyways I was wrecked myself and I didn't want to park in another space because it's a struggle to get my child in and out of his carseat at the best of times, let alone trying to stop the car door from hitting the car beside me in a regular-sized space. So I flashed my lights and gestured at the massive blue sign in front of where he was trying to park. He was playing dumb, and stopped halfway in/out of the space, and acted like he couldn't understand me. So I got out and said to him, "You mightn't have realised, but that's a Parent & Child space you're parking in." There were a couple of other men standing near by who basically backed me up, "Well said", "You're dead right", etc. Yer man in the van said, "Oh right, I didn't realise", and went to reverse out to give me the space.

Getting back into my car, I felt a bit bad - for all I knew, he had some sort of disability or injury that meant he needed a space close to the entrance of the shops. (That's why I'd usually never say anything - also, by the way, I know that I have no legal entitlement to those spaces over anyone else - if anyone wants to argue the Parent&Child car spaces thing, please start a new thread, or indeed there are several other such threads to argue about it!)

So anyways as he was reversing back out, I went to give him a smile and a wave as a thank you ... only to look up to see him doing the universal "I'm watching you" gesture, i.e. two fingers to his eyes and then pointing at me. He did this a couple of times, while glaring at me, then parked a couple of rows away.

Slightly freaked out, I went about my business. I was kind of looking out for him in the shop, but didn't see him. It was playing on my mind as I did my shopping because he had such a cold, hard, pure evil look in his eyes as he drove off. I came out of the shops (half expecting my car to be keyed or tyres slashed!) But all grand, and his van was gone from where it had been parked, so I forgot about it.

Until I was nearly home, and coming up to the turn-off for my estate, when I saw a similar van around four cars behind me in the rearview mirror. Maybe it was a bit paranoid of me, but I kept driving on past my estate without turning in. Two of the cars turned off, so there was only one in between us, and when I was turning a corner I could see in the rearview mirror that it was definitely the same van, I could clearly recognise the guy in it.

I didn't really know what to do, so ended up driving through a few local estates. He followed, but at quite a distance. And I'm quite certain he was following (rather than it just being a coincidence) because I was going a very rambling route, there's no good reason anyone would have taken that big loopy route to get to anywhere particular (if that makes sense.) Eventually I ended up at a house I used to live in a couple of years ago and pulled into the driveway to see what would happen (there were plenty of people nearby so I felt safe enough doing so.) He drove on by without slowing and disappeared. So I turned back the other way and went home, no sign of him on the way home.

The thing is though, if he had purposely driven close behind me, trying to intimidate me, that would have been one thing. But he was really trying to be discreet, hanging back as far as possible, letting cars out in front of him when he could to keep more cars between us (but still keeping my car in his sight.) Also, the fact that he'd moved from where I'd seen him park ... he must have pulled in somewhere outside of the car park waiting for me to come out (I had a glance around the whole car park while putting the shopping in the car - no white vans anywhere.)

And as far as he knows, he now thinks he knows where I live. God knows why he wanted to know that, but anyways, he thinks he does now.

I might just drop the local garda station a call. Even though I didn't get his numberplate. Just in case anything happens to that house in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

redbel05 wrote:
    She used to be a ticket seller/ collecter for various charities throughout Ireland in her 20s, so this would have been around mid 1970s. She was traveling around with a group of sellers but not driving herself, so they decided to drop her off in one town in the evening + pick her up the next day. Except when it hit about 7ish she realised most places would be closing early + no one around. So made up her mind to join the rest by hitching. It was getting dark out ( November) and not a lot of cars on the road, so she was really relieved when a guy pulls up and asks where she's going. He's all friendly and they chat for a couple minutes bout random stuff. She tells him a little about what she does, how come its so quiet in town etc. About 5min into the drive he starts getting really quiet, only grunting to acknowledge her. He starts driving really fast. About 10minutes in, he's sweating bullets (even though its cold) + she realizes that the road they are on looks completely unfamiliar, they should have been coming close to town by now. She says it to him but no answer at all. About 20minutes in she has decided that wherever this guy wants to take her, she definitely doesn't want to go. So coming up to a steep bend she waits for him to slow + jumps out.' You f***in b***ch!', he shouts out after her. Somehow she gets a relatively soft landing + takes of over the ditch and across a field, only stopping when she's concealed in a ditch on the other side. He continues to patrol in his car for about a half or three quarters of an hour, periodically yelling out curses for her. But even after he's gone, she's too afraid to leave ditch in case he may be on foot. Thankfully, less than an hour later she hears a tractor, which turned out to be a kind elderly farmer. He took her to his home down the road on the back of his tractor where his equally elderly wife made her tea + supper ( semolina+ stewed apple), got her cleaned up (she was badly bruised + pretty filthy) and let her use their phone. Thank god for elderly farmers!

I was believing you until you said a farmer had a phone in the 70s ;-)

CaraMay wrote: »
    Sounds like a recent Cold Case programme except the farmer kept her as a slave

Will tell her that :) Truth be told not sure i got all the details straight, but the gist of the story is true. She told me about the incident when we were talking about the missing women in Ireland who disappeared around that time. Couldn't remember where she said it happened but just asked + she said was going from Dundalk to newry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

redbel05 wrote: »
    She used to be a ticket seller/ collecter for various charities throughout Ireland in her 20s, so this would have been around mid 1970s. She was traveling around with a group of sellers but not driving herself, so they decided to drop her off in one town in the evening + pick her up the next day.

she was expected to stay overnight on her own ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

I didn't really know what to do, so ended up driving through a few local estates. He followed, but at quite a distance. And I'm quite certain he was following (rather than it just being a coincidence) because I was going a very rambling route, there's no good reason anyone would have taken that big loopy route to get to anywhere particular (if that makes sense.) Eventually I ended up at a house I used to live in a couple of years ago and pulled into the driveway to see what would happen (there were plenty of people nearby so I felt safe enough doing so.) He drove on by without slowing and disappeared. So I turned back the other way and went home, no sign of him on the way home.

I'll keep an eye on the news to see if a family are butchered in their beds in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭acuriouscat

After the devastating thai tsunami in 2004 myself and my family decided to do organise a bring and buy sale to raise money for the cause. Myself and my sister were at the books stand when an elderly gentleman whom we did not know walked in,left a box of books he had donated and walked out.
    Seeing a book on top of the box i said to my sister I used to have the same one,she picked it up to look at it and opened it to the first page..my name was on the page..it was mine,it was aprox i 7/8 years previously I had owned the book. I don't recall giving it away or how this gentleman had gotten it but myself and my sister (who sadly died that following year) were very creeped out by this. The book has since dissapeared again so who knows where or when it will show up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Out of curiosity what book was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭acuriouscat

Kovu wrote: »

Nothing special haha
    It was just an indian cook book

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

I don't know if this counts but around a week or so before the Scottish referendum I woke up and just had a feeling it would be 51/49 against independence. I'm assuming I dreamt it and couldn't remember the dream just the outcome.

It was weird because I was full sure that's what the result would be (even though I was hoping it go through), even told a load of people about the dream.

Was absolutely freaked out when that ended up being the end result.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

sibby wrote: »
    I don't know if this counts but around a week or so before the Scottish referendum I woke up and just had a feeling it would be 51/49 against independence. I'm assuming I dreamt it and couldn't remember the dream just the outcome.

It was weird because I was full sure that's what the result would be (even though I was hoping it go through), even told a load of people about the dream.

Scary stuff! :eek:

(Don't mean to burst your bubble, but it was actually 55 against, not 51. :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Fly Fishing by JR Hartley.

fryup wrote: »
    she was expected to stay overnight on her own ??
    Yup. Wouldn't have been unusual for her until that point. She would have been selling tickets until the pubs closed, which you know yourself would have been wee hours of the morning. Then slept in b&b having booked in earlier. Except she realized early on that it would be a waste of a night to stay there since everything closed early. She was much more paranoid after that however...
    Could also tell another of her creepy stories about the time she booked into a bed + breakfast owned by a priest and his sister, if anyone interested? Not sure people would believe me though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Interested. Do tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

TELL US THE GODDAM STORY!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Had a bit of a weird one today. :/

I was at the local Supervalu...

Supervalu's CCTV will have him and his van on camera. Might be worth checking out. Even though I'm sure it was just a harmless moron with too much time on his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

My 4 year old daughter said something the other day that really creeped me out. We were driving home after school and out of nowhere she said "Daddy, I used to be your Nanny". I just replied nonchalantly but then she continued - "I used to be your Nanny but I died just before you and Mummy got married".

I was very close to my granny, so much that it still hurts talking about her 7 years after she died. She died 2 months before I got married. I've never spoken of her to my daughter in that capacity. It literally made the hair stand up on my neck when she said it. I could barely speak after it.

keano_afc wrote: »
    My 4 year old daughter said something the other day that really creeped me out. We were driving home after school and out of nowhere she said "Daddy, I used to be your Nanny". I just replied nonchalantly but then she continued - "I used to be your Nanny but I died just before you and Mummy got married".

I was very close to my granny, so much that it still hurts talking about her 7 years after she died. She died 2 months before I got married. I've never spoken of her to my daughter in that capacity. It literally made the hair stand up on my neck when she said it. I could barely speak after it.

I read another story very similar to this earlier on in the thread. Very unnerving alright.

My mum was on her way from Dublin to Cork. Again this would have been in the 70s or maybe early 80s. She happened to get a lift from a lorry driver who she regularly travelled with on the same journey. It was getting a bit late so they decided to stop for the night (think the lorry driver had been driving for long time). She can't remember which town, only that there's a castle in the town centre. The b+b was just down a wee side road from the castle.
    A middle aged lady ran the b+b and her brother who was a priest just home from Africa was there too. Feeling more tired than hungry, my mum decides to just have a cup of tea and go to bed. The lady shows her to a creepy box room in the middle of the building with no windows and only one door. The Lorry driver goes off to another part of the building.
    My mum swears that she locked the door (+left the key in door), got into her pyjamas and went to bed. However sometime in the middle of the night / early morn she wakes up covered in sweat + without any clothes on. I mean like bathed in sweat. Freaked out, she gets dressed + stays awake for the lorrydriver to knock on her door in the morning.
    He tells her that he slept soundly. The priest and his sister say that she was up in the middle of the night hysterical in the hallway + they had to put her back to bed. But no mention of nudity. To this day she never knows what actually happened there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

My mum was on her way from Dublin to Cork. Again this would have been in the 70s or maybe early 80s. She happened to get a lift from a lorry driver who she regularly travelled with on the same journey. It was getting a bit late so they decided to stop for the night (think the lorry driver had been driving for long time). She can't remember which town, only that there's a castle in the town centre. The b+b was just down a wee side road from the castle.
    A middle aged lady ran the b+b and her brother who was a priest just home from Africa was there too. Feeling more tired than hungry, my mum decides to just have a cup of tea and go to bed. The lady shows her to a creepy box room in the middle of the building with no windows and only one door. The Lorry driver goes off to another part of the building.
    My mum swears that she locked the door (+left the key in door), got into her pyjamas and went to bed. However sometime in the middle of the night / early morn she wakes up covered in sweat + without any clothes on. I mean like bathed in sweat. Freaked out, she gets dressed + stays awake for the lorrydriver to knock on her door in the morning.
    He tells her that he

DON'T LEAVE US HANGING>??! WHAT, He what??

DON'T LEAVE US HANGING>??! WHAT, He what??
    Sorry, damn phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I hate cliffhangers!

But it wasn't, it was 55.3 v 44.7!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

He tells her that he slept soundly. The priest and his sister say that she was up in the middle of the night hysterical in the hallway + they had to put her back to bed. But no mention of nudity. To this day she never knows what actually happened there...

Was her door still locked with the key in it the next morning, or unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

The question is,what was put in her tea??:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

What will the marriage referendum outcome be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What will the marriage referendum outcome be?

Well there definitely won't be a 100% turnout, and one side will get a majority over the other. There will be some spoiled votes too.

#psychic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I have one which is almost certainly nothing, but still freaks me out when I remember hearing it...

My grandmother was babysitting three of her grandkids (my cousins) about 12-14 years ago. The house the kids and their parents were living at the time was an old house they'd bought while saving to build their own house.

Anyway, the parents were out, so just my gran and the three kids. Two girls and a boy.

Near the end of the night, the eldest said to my Granny "Granny, who's that man?"

My Gran, a little freaked out, looked around and saw nobody. "Which man?"

"The one behind the curtain."

My gran said she didn't even TRY to sleep a wink that night til the parents got home.

A very unnerving thing happened to me a few years ago. I had met up with a few friends I had in college and we went out for a few beers to catch up on old times. I decided to crash in the spare bedroom in the house of one of my friends. Went to sleep fine and woke up the morning after and to my surprise there was fresh, wet cum all over my sheets. Weird thing was that after I tasted it, it wasn't my own! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭valoren

Wut????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

Well there definitely won't be a 100% turnout, and one side will get a majority over the other. There will be some spoiled votes too.

#psychic

well, i have this "gift" also - and it will be 67 Yes versus 33 No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

A very unnerving thing happened to me a few years ago. I had met up with a few friends I had in college and we went out for a few beers to catch up on old times. I decided to crash in the spare bedroom in the house of one of my friends. Went to sleep fine and woke up the morning after and to my surprise there was fresh, wet cum all over my sheets. Weird thing was that after I tasted it, it wasn't my own! :eek:

Why?

valoren wrote: »
    Wut????
    Shannon757 wrote: »
    Why?

If everyone could go ahead and ignore that post, that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

My dad was home in bed mid morning not due to work until the afternoon & was having a lazy morning in bed watching tv.
    The bedroom door was open, him laying on the bed. He was alone in the house. He had an uneasy feeling suddenly, looked out the bedroom door and saw a tall figure in black with a pointed hood/hat floating by past the bedroom door into another room. He promptly jumped up out of bed and fled the house wearing the same clothes he had the previous day, he was normally regimental regarding personal hygiene. That evening he told mam and begged her not to tell us
    He was dead within a year after a very short illness.
    I have no doubt whatsoever what he saw that morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

redshoes15 wrote: »
    My dad was home in bed mid morning not due to work until the afternoon & was having a lazy morning in bed watching tv.
    The bedroom door was open, him laying on the bed. He was alone in the house. He had an uneasy feeling suddenly, looked out the bedroom door and saw a tall figure in black with a pointed hood/hat floating by past the bedroom door into another room. He promptly jumped up out of bed and fled the house wearing the same clothes he had the previous day, he was normally regimental regarding personal hygiene. That evening he told mam and begged her not to tell us
    He was dead within a year after a very short illness.
    I have no doubt whatsoever what he saw that morning.

What do you think it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

What do you think it was?

Honestly, death. Not in the scary Grim Reaper type of crap but I think it was some kind of forewarning. I should add my dad believed in nothing. No heaven, no god when yer gone yer gone type of man.

DareGod wrote: »
    If everyone could go ahead and ignore that post, that'd be great.

Thanks for making light of a time when I was frightened and vulnerable.

Friend of mine had a party one night, one by one everyone toddled home and he went up to his own room leaving two fellows downstairs, one comatose from drink and asleep on the couch. Went down 10 minutes later for a cigarette or something to find the awake guy standing over the sleeping guy and masturbating. Awkward moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Friend of mine had a party one night, one by one everyone toddled home and he went up to his own room leaving two fellows downstairs, one comatose from drink and asleep on the couch. Went down 10 minutes later for a cigarette or something to find the awake guy standing over the sleeping guy and masturbating. Awkward moment.

What did you do?

Advertisement