Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gum Disease lead to Extraction

• 24-04-2021 1:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I’d appreciate some thoughts on this.
    I consistently go to the dentist every year for cleanings and check ups since 2017. Before then I missed a year here and there.
    I’ve had them do root cleanings twice, once in 2011 and again in 2015 at their suggestion, as they said my gums were inflamed and pockets were starting to form.
    In 2019 the dentist said I had bone loss around one of my teeth and that it doesn’t grow back.
    In 2020 I had a year of invisalign for cosmetic changes (had braces younger but didn’t wear retainer),
    After that she says the bone is nearly completely gone around one tooth. I said the other dentist said the same.
    She referred me to a pariodontist who just pulled it today and it’s looking to cost me a fortune.

I keep wondering could it have been saved with a bone graft if the first guy referred me when he saw it, given that the bone doesn’t regenerate.
    Wondering should I find a better dentist, or is this the normal thing to do.

Thanks!

Advertisement