Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-10-2017, 14:30   #1
JP Liz V1

Country 2 Country 2018

Country to Country, Europe’s biggest country music festival is back for its sixth year from Friday 9 to Sunday 11 March 2018 with another incredible line up that fans can expect from the C2C team.
Joining Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and Little Big Town will be one of America’s biggest country stars; Kacey Musgraves who will headline the festival for the very first time. Joining the stellar headliners are multi-platinum and acclaimed artists Emmylou Harris, Kip Moore, Kelsea Ballerini, Luke Combs, Margo Price and Midland.
Tickets on sale Friday 20 October.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-10-2017, 21:25   #2
Kompany

How does this work

Emmylou Harris and Margo Price plus Little Big Town for €60 ?

Do the all play a joint show or will it be 3 different sets ?
At €60 must be very short gigs

Anybody there last year
01-11-2017, 19:34   #3
urbangoo

They each get their own set. The sets get longer as the night goes on. The headline act usually get about 1 hour and 30 minutes.

This is an example of the stage times from one of the nights this year:
Doors: 5:30pm
Maren Morris: 6:30pm
Marty Stuart: 7:45pm
Zach Brown Band: 9:30pm
Thanks from:
13-12-2017, 11:04   #4
LoonyLovegood
#firstworldproblems

Sugarland have been announced for the Friday, in their first full band performance since reforming. I'm far too excited for this.
Thanks from:
05-02-2018, 12:30   #5

Woeful music this modern country. Why can't there be any decent singer in this doing the classic songs anymore?
Advertisement
09-02-2018, 23:36   #6
bridster007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderPlumber View Post
Woeful music this modern country. Why can't there be any decent singer in this doing the classic songs anymore?
eh.. Marty Stuart ?? Dwight Yoakam was there last year. Most of the others are dead so unless you want a cover band then this is it.. Margo Price is fantastic, check her out on YT.
Thanks from:
10-02-2018, 19:02   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridster007 View Post
eh.. Marty Stuart ?? Dwight Yoakam was there last year. Most of the others are dead so unless you want a cover band then this is it.. Margo Price is fantastic, check her out on YT.
Marty and Dwight are both good and would be the ones to go to this event for. Will check out Margo. A singer reviving the classics would be much much better than all that plastic pop country stuff that is being mass produced in the Nashville factory. The old songs and singers will never die in the hearts of true music fans.
10-02-2018, 19:37   #8
jack presley

I'd love to see Luke Combs but he'll probably only get 30 minutes or so early on in the night and I'm not rally a fan of the others playing that night so I doubt I'll go.
18-02-2018, 19:52   #9
urbangoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack presley View Post
I'd love to see Luke Combs but he'll probably only get 30 minutes or so early on in the night and I'm not rally a fan of the others playing that night so I doubt I'll go.
The only reason I'm going that night is for Kip Moore. I was really annoyed when they added Sugarland as that means less stage time for Kip Moore.
Advertisement
08-03-2018, 21:48   #10
LoonyLovegood
#firstworldproblems

Picked up a ticket on Monday, it's pretty expensive for a day ticket! Can't wait for Sugarland, and seeing Kacey Musgraves live is always a good show. I've seen her headline Whelans and sell it out, the Academy and sell it out and now playing the point, so it's nice to see! Plus, the new songs are fantastic.
11-03-2018, 01:18   #11
patob

Went along this evening, worth it to see Emmylou Harris for first time, she still got a great voice at age 71 and a super band. Midland and Margo Price we're very good too. Had to give Little Big town a miss. Anyone else there?
11-03-2018, 08:30   #12
Mitch Buchannon

I was there on Friday night and I’m planning on going again tonight. I really want to see Tim McGraw live.

Im disappointed I missed Luke Combs. I believe he was great. Kip Moore was excellent. I would have preferred Kip to be in Sugarland’s spot. I’m not a big fan of theirs. Kacey was good. She’s actually playing again in Dublin on the 6th November. My favourite of the night was Kip though. Fantastic artist and the energy he put in really stood out to me.
12-03-2018, 07:56   #13
LoonyLovegood
#firstworldproblems

I enjoyed Friday night, but honestly thought the crowd was a bit ridiculous. Got asked by someone next to me to stop dancing during Sugarland, seriously? Maybe it's the kind of concerts I usually go to, but it's not like I was crowdsurfing or something mad.
12-03-2018, 22:58   #14
JP Liz V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Buchannon View Post
I was there on Friday night and I’m planning on going again tonight. I really want to see Tim McGraw live.

Im disappointed I missed Luke Combs. I believe he was great. Kip Moore was excellent. I would have preferred Kip to be in Sugarland’s spot. I’m not a big fan of theirs. Kacey was good. She’s actually playing again in Dublin on the 6th November. My favourite of the night was Kip though. Fantastic artist and the energy he put in really stood out to me.
Did Tim even play, saw reports he fainted from dehydration and did not perform
13-03-2018, 08:10   #15
Mitch Buchannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
Did Tim even play, saw reports he fainted from dehydration and did not perform
He did but not much. When himself and a Faith came out first they belted our a few songs together. He then went back stage and she did her set. Tim returned later and started on his set.
I can’t remember how many he did, but after singing Humble & Kind he collapsed. I actually thought it was a bit of a stunt at the start but he was taken away and we were told to hang on. After a while Faith and the band reappeared and said he wasn’t coming back out. She said they’d be back... god knows when or if that will happen.
I was really looking forward to him but sure c’est la vie.

All that said, it was a great night. Old Dominion were great as was Kelsea Ballerini.

Old Dominion and Kacey Musgraves are playing here again later this year. I have details in the upcoming concerts thread.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion