Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bikram Yoga Meath

Options
  • 08-08-2011 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Anyone know of where I can do Bikram Yoga classes in Meath, ideally Navan, Trim, Dunshaughlin area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Sorry only know of Dublin Studios (tho I beleve there is one opening in Maynooth)

Dublin ones are in Harolds Cross, Fairview & Ringsend.

Would you consider travelling to the Blanchardstown one? www.bikramdublin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 birdybird

I wouldn't recomment the Blanchardstown one www.bikramdublin.ie as it has carpeted floors instead of wooden ones. The place smells really bad as people sweat alot and soak the carpet with their perspiration. It makes doing yoga there quite unpleasant. The yoga teacher was good and I would have enjoyed the class only for the stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

birdybird wrote: »
    I wouldn't recomment the Blanchardstown one www.bikramdublin.ie as it has carpeted floors instead of wooden ones. The place smells really bad as people sweat alot and soak the carpet with their perspiration. It makes doing yoga there quite unpleasant. The yoga teacher was good and I would have enjoyed the class only for the stink.
    ICK, carpets in a yoga studio is just wrong! That must be so unpleasant! Carpet would put me off a yoga studio straightaway, but even more so for a bilkram class. Nothing at all relaxing about sweaty smells in a yoga class! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

The Blanchardstown studio is spotless.......and it doesn't smell at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ac100

It's actually regulation for bikram yoga studios to have carpet, studio owners need to stick to the rules.

Have not been in Dublin 15 but have been to a few around the city, in my experience it is usually the people who smell, not the studio!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ac100 wrote: »
    It's actually regulation for bikram yoga studios to have carpet, studio owners need to stick to the rules.
    Yet another reason to avoid it, that's pretty horrible having sweaty carpet as a regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

ac100 wrote: »

They don't in Ringsend and it's spotless and free of odour. I can't imagine how bad it must be with a carpet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Bikram studios are supposed to have carpet. It's insulating, and provides extra padding for the knees during some postures. Also, wooden floors can be really slippery and dangerous when wet.
    You are supposed to use a mat and a large towel (2 of each if necessary!), so there really shouldn't be that much sweat soaking into the carpet.

I guess the problem here is the definition of 'carpet'. Ringsend has a type of padded floor rather than a carpet per se.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭club goldgrain

so is this tread about Bikram or carpet??
    anyone know if there are any classes in dublin 12(ish) area that might be good. i'd like to try it out.

• Advertisement

Harold's Cross is probably your best bet? It's in the Greenmount Industrial Estate so it's technically Dublin 12 :)http://bikramyoga.ie/Welcome.html

Man I miss Bikram something fierce. As soon as this bloody dissertation is done and I have a bit of spare time and cash..

innad wrote: »
    Harold's Cross is probably your best bet? It's in the Greenmount Industrial Estate so it's technically Dublin 12 :)http://bikramyoga.ie/Welcome.html

Man I miss Bikram something fierce. As soon as this bloody dissertation is done and I have a bit of spare time and cash..

is it that good? i was told this was a good spot alright have you been?

I haven't in nearly two years, but I was going back when it was the only studio in Ireland, and in Portobello. Before it moved we used to be packed in there so tight our mats would be overlapping. Good times :D
    (the 'new' studio is much, much bigger, and there's loads more of them around now, so you needn't worry about that happening! But I loved it :) )

It's very much like marmite, people either love it or hate it, there's very little in between. I always think it's worth trying, as it can have so many benefits.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask :)

I haven't in nearly two years, but I was going back when it was the only studio in Ireland, and in Portobello. Before it moved we used to be packed in there so tight our mats would be overlapping. Good times :D
    (the 'new' studio is much, much bigger, and there's loads more of them around now, so you needn't worry about that happening! But I loved it :) )

It's very much like marmite, people either love it or hate it, there's very little in between. I always think it's worth trying, as it can have so many benefits.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask :)

great, i think i'll go for it, how fit does one need to be ?

great, i think i'll go for it, how fit does one need to be ?

No fitness required at all - it is a beginners series, no advanced postures.
    Just a little determination and an open mind :)

Good luck, and most of all, enjoy it!

No fitness required at all - it is a beginners series, no advanced postures.
    Just a little determination and an open mind :)

Good luck, and most of all, enjoy it!

last one; sorry to be a pest.
    is it mainly a male thing or female or is it well split 50/50

Obviously I haven't practiced in a while, but it tends to be less female-dominated than other forms of yoga.

When I was practicing regularly some classes would be very near 50/50, others maybe 70-80% female. Don't think in six years that I ever did a class that had no men.

so is this tread about Bikram or carpet??

Both, by the looks of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yogasync

It is turned out and also seasoned by simply thousands of people that particular 26 postures of bikram yoga methodically function just about every part of the entire body, to offer each of the bodily organs, each of the blood vessels, each of the ligaments, and also each of the muscle tissues every little thing they must keep the best health and maximum functionality. Every part covers something different by the body processes, yet they each band together synergistically, adding to this achievements of each various other just one, and also extending their rewards.

Beginners Yoga Online

Advertisement