Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Yeah I'm alright thanks. Just a very weird start to the week. It happened so fast that at first I barely even registered it had occurred. Then the aftermath became apparent.

Weird? the sense of foreboding was weird. What you witnessed is traumatic. Sorry you had to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

fussyonion wrote: »
    The other evening I silently said (in my head) to my recently deceased relative "You know I hate the idea of a spirit visiting me or seeing a spirit, but send me a feather if you're around".

I went to bed half an hour later and felt something scratching my leg under the duvet.

Kept reaching down to scratch but it was an itch that wouldn't go away.
    I turned the light on and looked under the duvet and a white feather was on the sheet, the nib bit scratching at my leg.
    My duvet is not a feather one.

Well thats prooved it for me.

Bulletproof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I was leaving my house this morning and walking down a back lane to the bus stop. I got this unnerving notion that I would find a body, it really was quite an odd feeling. There was no body, but little stains on the ground with some leaves which looked like blood or any number of other substances.
    I got the bus to the train station like I do every morning. Same old faces on the platform as always, then as the express freight train howled through the station a girl threw herself in front of it. I can still see parts of her legs on the tracks and just so much blood.

Oh my god, that's horrible!! Did this happen in Ireland or where?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

thelad95 wrote: »
    Oh my god, that's horrible!! Did this happen in Ireland or where?

Melbourne. A friend knows the main contractor for cleaning up these incidents, he told me today this is a daily occurrence in Victoria. There was 2 today in the northern Melbourne area alone. It is terrifying that this is some people's only recourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

rightyabe wrote: »
    This happened to me this time last year.

Now this is were it gets creepy.

We all had finished night shift at 2am dropped off the trucks and left the yard by 3am. At around 4am the owner of the firm lands at the yard for the start of the day shifters. He goes down the back and discovers the yard service man hanging by a railing in the tool shed, dead. I get a call at around 5:30 from my boss saying "John" had hung himself in the yard lastnight!! and I should come in and give a statement to the police as they checked the CCTV and couldn't rule out if it was foul play/sucide etc..

I go in meet the boss at the yard, police are there and I tell them about the incident at the yard that night bla bla bla. They said it matched what was on CCTV and then asked if I could look at the CCTV with them to talk thru what I done again.

The CCTV shows a man jump over the front fence...not 1 min later I arrive to pick up the 3rd light tower...shows my whole episode of checking around the truck and a grainy image of a person running behind a truck...I then drive to leave and as I drive down you can clearly see a person run behind me carrying something...I stop to go into the office...the figure stops...I walk into the office stand at my desk and 5 seconds later the person walks into the reception stands at the door holding a rope in his hand...he stands there for 5 seconds approx...walks to within 2 metres of me pauses and walks down the corridor and from there into the shed and then, well he hung himself.

Freaks me out to think about it and what was going thru his head and were did he hide in the truck, his desperation. Why come into his work to do it and why follow me into the office. Just freaks me out still. Looking at the CCTV footage of his creeping after me and trance like state standing behind me in the office is the creepiest thing I ever saw and will never ever forgot!!

This was chilling, even to read. Not surprised it freaks you out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Dramatik wrote: »
    A couple of months ago I was sitting in my room working on some artwork as I like to paint ect. in my spare time. There was nobody else in the house at the time, everyone was either out or at work. So I'm well into the "zone" with my painting as I'd been working nonstop on it for the last 3 or 4 hours and was in a deep meditave state, my periperal vision had disapeared and all sense of time had gone out the window.

Suddenly I'm brought back to reality when I happen to hear from downstairs the letter box opening and ratteling around a bit so I'm thinking it's just the postman delivering some mail and I take no notice of it as I'm trying to stay focused on what I'm painting and stay in the "zone". I continue on what I'm doing as I'm nearly at a point in the picture where I feel I can take a break and get a cup of tea, go to the toilet ect. when I hear the front door open.

Now I'm thinking to myself that's wierd as I'm not expecting anyone to be home at that time, so I'm thinking someone must have forgot something or maybe they're sick and have come home from work. Another thing I note is that it sounds like more than one person coming in the door which I also find unusual. I hear someone coming up the stairs (my room is the first room at the top) but it doesn't sound like anyone I know. I hear the door knob of my room turning slowly, the door opens slowly and a hand with a black glove appears grabbing it on the upper part of the door!

To my shock there's a guy standing there dressed all in black, wearing a black scarf high up over his face in order to disguise it. S***! I'm being robbed! I instantly went into shock/fight or flight mode and without thinking I shouted at him "Get the F*** out of here now, you cheeky little F***s!" I then proceeded to run out the door after him, shouting obsceneties, making sure to make as much noise as possible as I went, as I knew there was someone downstairs at the time as well and I didn't know if they had weapons ect. I ran out the door after them but stoped chasing them at the end of my driveway as I had no shoes on and I wasn't sure if there was any more people still in the house. Luckly there wasn't anyone else left in the house and they didn't manage to rob anything either in the process.

A fairly unnerving experience all the same, I'm lucky that I'm a fairly thick skinned person so I don't have any trouble sleeping at night or anything like that after it but I do still get a little adrenaline rush every time I hear some post coming in the letterbox.

Very appropriate username there!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Melbourne. A friend knows the main contractor for cleaning up these incidents, he told me today this is a daily occurrence in Victoria. There was 2 today in the northern Melbourne area alone. It is terrifying that this is some people's only recourse.

yeah , in sydney , its announced over the PA as a signal failure....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

The other evening I silently said (in my head) to my recently deceased relative "You know I hate the idea of a spirit visiting me or seeing a spirit, but send me a feather if you're around".

I went to bed half an hour later and felt something scratching my leg under the duvet.

I turned the light on and looked under the duvet and a white feather was on the sheet, the nib bit scratching at my leg.

I had a similar experience! I was very upset one night thinking about a relative who had passed away. I told them I missed them, and if they're still around could they leave a feather for me. I went asleep, and the next morning I woke up with a feather right beside me on my pillow. The feather came from the dream catcher above my bed, however I've had the dream catcher 8 years, and that is the first and only time a feather has fallen from it. It was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I had a similar experience! I was very upset one night thinking about a relative who had passed away. I told them I missed them, and if they're still around could they leave a feather for me. I went asleep, and the next morning I woke up with a feather right beside me on my pillow. The feather came from the dream catcher above my bed, however I've had the dream catcher 8 years, and that is the first and only time a feather has fallen from it. It was lovely.

Might try that with my gran. Maybe she'll leave a macbook pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

This happened in December last year (2014), about a week or so before Christmas.

I was living in some well known apartments in D4 at the time, a complex that had multiple buildings. I lived in a building which was three stories high, and I was on the ground floor. The building beside us was 6 stories tall, like most of the buildings in this complex.

Anyway, it was around 9am on a Saturday morning, and I my girlfriend and I had literally just woken up. We hadn't even said anything to each other, we must have only been awake seconds when we heard a scream followed by a loud crack/bang, kind of like slapping a steak onto a worktop.

At first I didn't think anything of it, as we were so used to hearing drunk people coming in around the back of our building shouting, singing etc. (which is why we've since moved, we were actually serving our notice period at this stage). But then it dawned on me about 5 seconds later what time it was, and that the scream/yell didn't sound too merry.

I was just thinking in my head that it sounded like someone fell when I heard one of the doors outside open and heard someone on the phone asking for an ambulance quickly.

I threw on some clothes and went outside and sure enough, someone was lying on the ground. 2 people were attending to him, and though I'd love to say I ran over and helped, I just froze :(

The ambulance came (really quickly, such an amazing response time) and took him away. I have no idea who he was, what happened, whether it was intentional or not and whether he survived. All I know is it was from the roof of the six story building as there were some Gardai up on the roof later that morning and the scene was sealed off.

Not sure which was worse, seeing that poor man on the cold ground not moving or hearing the scream and the sickening slapping noise of him landing.

I just hope the poor guy survived somehow and is doing better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Looking at the CCTV footage of his creeping after me and trance like state standing behind me in the office is the creepiest thing I ever saw and will never ever forgot!!

Holy jesus this is terrifying. Imagine if you had turned around and seen him standing there behind you? What sort of interaction would you have had? Poor lad was obviously out of his mind but that's the kind of thing that would keep me awake at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

This thread has a really strange feel to it.Every time i read it a weird mood seems to follow me around for a few days after, it freaks me out!

walks to within 2 metres of me pauses and walks down the corridor and from there into the shed and then, well he hung himself.

My toaster popped just as I read that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lorzy_

When I was a teenager in the 90's, I had to travel a lot on the busses alone as my parents were separated. So anyway, I was in the toilets upstairs at the old bus station in Cork. There was 3 cubicles and a bit of a que to use them. I was in the farthest one from the door doing my business as you do. I came out and was washing my hands and I noticed something in the mirror. A man's head popped up and peered down into the cubicle on the right. Then it went back down and a few seconds later it popped down and looked in the cubicle on the left. I legged it out of the jacks and told someone working at the bus station what had happened.

A similar experience to that happened a few years afterwards in the toilets in McDonalds on Winthrop St.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Lorzy_ wrote: »
    When I was a teenager in the 90's, I had to travel a lot on the busses alone as my parents were separated. So anyway, I was in the toilets upstairs at the old bus station in Cork. There was 3 cubicles and a bit of a que to use them. I was in the farthest one from the door doing my business as you do. I came out and was washing my hands and I noticed something in the mirror. A man's head popped up and peered down into the cubicle on the right. Then it went back down and a few seconds later it popped down and looked in the cubicle on the left. I legged it out of the jacks and told someone working at the bus station what had happened.

A similar experience to that happened a few years afterwards in the toilets in McDonalds on Winthrop St.

I hate going into public toilets on my own for reasons like this. They're actually the perfect place to rape someone lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Some of these stories are pretty scary. Read at your own risk!

That one got me!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,061 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

kilkenny12 wrote: »

I hate going into public toilets on my own for reasons like this. They're actually the perfect place to rape someone lol.
    You were perfectly safe. It was a junkie, who was using the female toilets due to their being more cubicles and less chance of getting rustled.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

Kind of the opposite of a lot of these stories but can show how innocuous these things can be.

The other night I parked up a few doors down from my friends house, I got a lengthy enough text so decided to read it before getting out of the car, I replied etc and jumped out of the car.

The thing I didn't notice was that a teenage girl was walking pass the car just as I got out (remember the car would have been turned off and it was dark) as I was walking up the road a small bit she turned around, then ran as fast as lighting away from me.

I can imagine her telling friends about the creep who jumped out of his car and followed her up the road.

The human mind can be its own worst enemy at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Quazzie wrote: »
    You were perfectly safe. It was a junkie, who was using the female toilets due to their being more cubicles and less chance of getting rustled.

Perfectly safe?:eek: The only thing I can think of thats worse than rape, is..... aids rape!

Chijj wrote: »
    Kind of the opposite of a lot of these stories but can show how innocuous these things can be.

The other night I parked up a few doors down from my friends house, I got a lengthy enough text so decided to read it before getting out of the car, I replied etc and jumped out of the car.

The thing I didn't notice was that a teenage girl was walking pass the car just as I got out (remember the car would have been turned off and it was dark) as I was walking up the road a small bit she turned around, then ran as fast as lighting away from me.

I can imagine her telling friends about the creep who jumped out of his car and followed her up the road.

The human mind can be its own worst enemy at times

Yeah yeah likely story :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Some of these stories are pretty scary. Read at your own risk!

BASTARD!!!!

I now have to make someone else suffer because of this. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

My friend used to always do this, no matter where we would be, he'd ask a relative to show a feather to protect him and every single time one would appear.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

My husband's job requires night shifts from time to time, and I'm still not hugely comfortable being on my own overnight with our 3 year old. However, we have 2 dogs, one of whom is a staffie/lab cross and looks like she's hit the gym and abused steroids in a big way. When my husband's working nights, she sleeps at the front door like a good guard dog.

Just before Christmas, we were redecorating so the dogs were in kennels for a week, and my husband happened to be working for 2 nights that week. I was getting ready for bed, it was about 1am and there's a knock at my front door. We live in an apartment, so this threw me a bit, because I hadn't buzzed anyone in, and when I looked out the peephole whoever was out there had their hand over it. Then next thing I see the handle moving and I swear to god I could just feel my bladder about to let go.

All I could think about was my son sleeping in the bedroom, and I was standing at the door for what seemed like forever too scared to even breathe. If the dogs had been there, they'd have been going mental, and the big one has a very loud scary sounding bark, which would probably have scared off any would-be intruders. Eventually I chanced another look out the peephole, and the hand was gone, but I could see two figures in hoodies turning away from my door.

I've no idea what the hell they were doing there; whether they were planning on robbing the place, or if they'd been coming to see someone else and got the wrong apartment (I'm pretty sure one of the neighbours upstairs sells weed, so there are sometimes people coming in and out at funny hours). Either way, I don't think I've ever been more terrified. I'd obviously been sweating because my clothes were drenched. I rang the local garda station, and two lovely guards came out, but there wasn't really anything they could do. There was no way I was staying on my own after that. They waited while I threw some clothes in a bag, and bundled up my little man, then walked me down to my car. There's a Bewleys hotel near where I live, so we spent the night there. I got the dogs out of the kennels the next morning, and we just did the DIY around them. I didn't sleep right for weeks after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I can't be the only one who thinks that dead relatives hanging around watching you all the time is, well, creepy. I mean, do they wait outside while you're having a poo or a ****? And what's with the feathers? Is heaven a chicken farm? How long do they hang around for? Are there thousands of poor feckers stuck watching over descendants who are removed from them by 500 years?

I don't know about you but if the afterlife consists of watching my living relatives do the washing up while I'm stuck plucking chickens for eternity I'll take oblivion any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

kylith wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who thinks that dead relatives hanging around watching you all the time is, well, creepy. I mean, do they wait outside while you're having a poo or a ****? And what's with the feathers? Is heaven a chicken farm? How long do they hang around for? Are there thousands of poor feckers stuck watching over descendants who are removed from them by 500 years?

I don't know about you but if the afterlife consists of watching my living relatives do the washing up while I'm stuck plucking chickens for eternity I'll take oblivion any day.

Ah, leave the feathers alone... if a dead relative was to haunt me, what better thing to send me but a feather. So useful, so representative of the living dead. T'wud send a tickle down your spine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

PARlance wrote: »
    Ah, leave the feathers alone... if a dead relative was to haunt me, what better thing to send me but a feather. So useful, so representative of the living dead. T'wud send a tickle down your spine.

A fiver. A fiver would be a much better thing to send. Not as good as a hundred euro note, but I wouldn't want to be greedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Toots wrote: »
    My husband's job requires night shifts from time to time, and I'm still not hugely comfortable being on my own overnight with our 3 year old. However, we have 2 dogs, one of whom is a staffie/lab cross and looks like she's hit the gym and abused steroids in a big way. When my husband's working nights, she sleeps at the front door like a good guard dog.

Just before Christmas, we were redecorating so the dogs were in kennels for a week, and my husband happened to be working for 2 nights that week. I was getting ready for bed, it was about 1am and there's a knock at my front door. We live in an apartment, so this threw me a bit, because I hadn't buzzed anyone in, and when I looked out the peephole whoever was out there had their hand over it. Then next thing I see the handle moving and I swear to god I could just feel my bladder about to let go.

All I could think about was my son sleeping in the bedroom, and I was standing at the door for what seemed like forever too scared to even breathe. If the dogs had been there, they'd have been going mental, and the big one has a very loud scary sounding bark, which would probably have scared off any would-be intruders. Eventually I chanced another look out the peephole, and the hand was gone, but I could see two figures in hoodies turning away from my door.

I've no idea what the hell they were doing there; whether they were planning on robbing the place, or if they'd been coming to see someone else and got the wrong apartment (I'm pretty sure one of the neighbours upstairs sells weed, so there are sometimes people coming in and out at funny hours). Either way, I don't think I've ever been more terrified. I'd obviously been sweating because my clothes were drenched. I rang the local garda station, and two lovely guards came out, but there wasn't really anything they could do. There was no way I was staying on my own after that. They waited while I threw some clothes in a bag, and bundled up my little man, then walked me down to my car. There's a Bewleys hotel near where I live, so we spent the night there. I got the dogs out of the kennels the next morning, and we just did the DIY around them. I didn't sleep right for weeks after that.

Happened to me the odd time (not the fact they covered the peephole though), they were looking for the apartment above mine but continuously kept knocking on my door. Came home from work travel late one Friday and had just fallen asleep when they knocked. It's the only time I've booted someone up the hole in my adult life, but I opened the door in a rage and when they turned to scarper upstairs (having spotted their mistake) I took my opportunity.

The occupier came down to apologise and I haven't seen them since, probably owe them an apology of my own.

TL/DR - kick them in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I've been known to have 'psychic' dreams. Logically I know that I must just be intuitive and my mind puts the pieces together through dreams. I still find it very bizarre though. Examples include:

- Dreaming that a friend had a child. A few months later she announced the pregancy. So the dream was when she was at the very early stages of the pregnancy, we hadn't been in contact a whole lot and it was completely unplanned (only with her boyfriend a few months). So I really don't see how there is any way I could have known this. I even got the sex of baby right!

- Dreaming that another friend had a child. Again, found out she was pregnant a few months later. This was someone who I went to school with but haven't stayed in touch with at all, except that we're facebook friends. Again, got the sex right!

- A few months after my ex and I broke up I dreamed that he was shacking up with a foreigner. Found out months later that I was right (including the timing). The nationality of the woman was wrong, but still odd about the timing and the fact that she wasn't Irish.

- Recently dreamed that my ex got engaged. I haven't been in touch with him in over a year, but the dream was extremely vivid, so eventually curiosity got the better of me, checked his facebook page (we're not friends on facebook and I hadn't been checking it) and I was right!!

I know it sounds weird, but I can tell the difference between my 'psychic' dreams compared to 'regular' ones. They just have a very different feel about them. It's only in recent years though and I'm averaging about one per year. Still waiting for those lotto numbers...

I've also had the sleep paralysis thing. Terrifying. Especially when you can sense someone watching over you.

No wonder I find it hard to sleep at times... even worse when you start reading this thread in the middle of the night :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

woodchuck wrote: »
    I know it sounds weird, but I can tell the difference between my 'psychic' dreams compared to 'regular' ones. They just have a very different feel about them. It's only in recent years though and I'm averaging about one per year. Still waiting for those lotto numbers...

I had similar experiences. Mostly when I was a child though.

The creepiest one was when I was 10. I dreamt that my granny had tripped over her hoover and died. 3 days later she did die. She hadn't been sick or anything. She passed when she was sleeping. No hoover involved, but still. That dream was so vivid and I still remember it very clearly. Also, no one knew she had died until late in the morning/afternoon, so I had gone to school as normal. I had an after school art class that day, and the painting I did that day was unreal. Much better than anything I had ever done before, and pretty amazing for a 10 year old. It's still framed up in my parents house :o I always like to think that my granny helped me in some way with that. I wasn't often praised at school, but for that I was :)

I had a dream a few months ago where my grandfather(who passed away when I was very young. I didn't know him much) handed me a winning lotto ticket. It was a very odd feeling dream. I literally ran out the door the next morning to do the lotto. Didn't win though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I believe I woke up once when I was about 6 or 7 to an old man sitting beside my bed smiling at me, all grey, cap on, gentle looking, wasnt afraid of him or anything but I always wondered who it was I saw or was dreaming about. I didnt know either of my grandfathers.

Also on the dreams post above,

If my mother dreams about you - Goodluck. Coz your fucked

ardinn wrote: »
    I believe I woke up once when I was about 6 or 7 to an old man sitting beside my bed smiling at me, all grey, cap on, gentle looking, wasnt afraid of him or anything but I always wondered who it was I saw or was dreaming about. I didnt know either of my grandfathers.

Also on the dreams post above,

If my mother dreams about you - Goodluck. Coz your fucked

no pictures of them in existence?

sweetie wrote: »
    no pictures of them in existence?

Only one of my grandad on my mothers side when he was young.

Both died in the sixties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Check this one out.

http://imgur.com/j4ylOCY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

That's a scene from the movie Mama, I watched that a couple of days ago. Good film.

That's a scene from the movie Mama, I watched that a couple of days ago. Good film.

It was good enough...and then completely fell apart at the end with a final scene that was almost hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Used to get the bus to school every day in the 90's here too. Some seriously suspect characters hanging around.

I would meet my friend there every morning at the same time and one day we arrived and there was an envelope, I can't remember what was written on it mind you, but it had a £5 note inside with a note saying to use it to buy yourself some cigarettes..

We took the money anyway but it was kind of strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

MagicIRL wrote: »

I feel like you might have posted this in the wrong tab. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I feel like you might have posted this in the wrong tab. :pac:

Haha! I stand by what I've done! :cool::D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

When I was in 3rd year in school I was with this girl one day during lunch break. There was a woods and walkways near the school so we went for a walk and we lost track of time. My buddy had a free class and he came looking for us and we heard him whispering to us hey hey there is an old man down near the path lying down the groung looking at ye.

When he knew we saw him he stood up and started walking away so we caught up and passed him and gave a few comments on the way back to school. Never thought of it anymore.

Until about 2 maybe 3 years later I was going out with a different girl for a while and we were around the same area but a different place we called it the hole in the wall. We would go there sometimes for a fag if it was wet. Anyway this place had a big metal sheet on top of it and another path passing above. We were well... not smoking this time and what ever way she looked up there was a bit of light coming from above and she says there is someone up there looking at us and when I looked up we heard someone moving.

I made a bit of a run to try to get to the top path to see the same old fella getting up and when I got a bit closer he said hello
    he knew my name. The girlfiend was after catching up with me at this stage and was dragging me away.

I have no idea who he was. Dont know how he knew my name. I never saw him anywhere else. Those were the only 2 times I ever saw him.

Sometimes I think WTF..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I have no idea who he was. Dont know how he knew my name. I never saw him anywhere else. Those were the only 2 times I ever saw him.

Some weirdo was creeping around and hiding while trying to spy on you? I'm guessing he got close enough to overhear a friend saying your name. Ticks all the scary boxes for this thread!

Could be still lurking about unseen by you.

Do you remember leaving that wardrobe door ajar? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

meh ~ yea suppose I have, last summer me and my ma wore in town, went into a phone shop tah buy a phone obviously lol,anyway there was a biggish que there so wore awhile waiting got the phone eventually so decided go down to the hotel where my da works(on the same street as the phone shop) we wore sitting on the bench outside the hotel waiting for my da I suppose, the this ould foreign man started tryin make conversation with us dident think anything to Be honest just taught he being friendly haha, we went down the car park then to talk to my da.. He was to busy drop us up home so we decided to walk, turned around and started walking up the car park:) and noticed the auld fella walking down Dident think much either he had as much wright as us to walk down the carpark.. We Decided go coscutter befor heading up home, as we wore paying in the shop I noticed him across the way with his phone out arm length facing us,not sure but looked like he was taking a picture told my ma and she said he probably a tourist taking picture of the town but I taugh was very strange! Long story short it took us about 2 hours to get home wich is usually about a 5 min walk! We walked from main street to society street to the new road and so on stopping for a while in spots.. he kept following us and apperd to be taking pictures.. We finally lost him! Was fair scary!! Has made me far more wary and notice things more so though!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've deleted the last few off topic posts about the post from ballinasloex.
    Please do not comment on the posting style, refer to this part of the charter:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63152137&postcount=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I read this entire thread one day last week. Best thread ever! Anyone know of anywhere else online there is a similar thread?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

DareGod wrote: »
    I read this entire thread one day last week. Best thread ever! Anyone know of anywhere else online there is a similar thread?

the graham dwyer thread.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

DareGod wrote: »

Couldn't agree more ...........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057411707

DareGod wrote:

Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

This happened to me recently and I am hoping that it was due to fever-induced delirium rather than anything supernatural-y :eek:

My house is really old (100+ yrs old) but I've never had a bad feeling from it, in fact everyone tends to say that it feels really nice and homely. Anyway, I was in my bedroom one morning in the throes of a vomiting bug and with a high temp and I was in that half-asleep/half-awake stage, when all of a sudden I started to hear loud footsteps - and not just one set either. I could hear running, stomping and brisk walking and I could not open my eyes. It was like my body wasnt responding at all. I should mention that there was no-one in the house, as my husband was at work and we dont have kids.

Being the good Catholic child I am ;), I started saying the our father over and over and I either fell asleep or the footsteps stopped. I really, REALLY hope it was just madness due to a high temp though. Eeeep

(Yeah, that doesnt sound too scary when I read it back but it really put the frighteners up me! And I am not a woo person at all)

This happened to me recently and I am hoping that it was due to fever-induced delirium rather than anything supernatural-y :eek:

My house is really old (100+ yrs old) but I've never had a bad feeling from it, in fact everyone tends to say that it feels really nice and homely. Anyway, I was in my bedroom one morning in the throes of a vomiting bug and with a high temp and I was in that half-asleep/half-awake stage, when all of a sudden I started to hear loud footsteps - and not just one set either. I could hear running, stomping and brisk walking and I could not open my eyes. It was like my body wasnt responding at all. I should mention that there was no-one in the house, as my husband was at work and we dont have kids.

Being the good Catholic child I am ;), I started saying the our father over and over and I either fell asleep or the footsteps stopped. I really, REALLY hope it was just madness due to a high temp though. Eeeep

(Yeah, that doesnt sound too scary when I read it back but it really put the frighteners up me! And I am not a woo person at all)

Sleep paralysis - you got off lightly!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Nothing ever happens to me, I'd say I'd sh1t myself at some of the things that people have experienced here ! My Uncles were extremely close despite the large age gap between them. The oldest one called the younger "son". They lived miles apart and rang each other weekly. One day a few years back the younger one answered the phone to the usual "hello son" from his brother. He replied "hello, G". There was a silence on the end of the line and my Uncle's wife's voice cut in to say that it wasn't G, and she was sorry to say that he had passed away 20 minutes ago unexpectedly. My uncle has never believed in the after life, or anything spooky, and still doesn't . But he maintains he knows that he answered the phone to his brother's voice, and can't explain it. It's a strange one, maybe it was my uncles way of communicating with his younger brother one last time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement