Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork job for 32 year old veteran

Options
  • 25-11-2015 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

Anyone got any ideas on what is the most secure career for 2016 and into the future..

I would like to buy my first home before I'm 35 and need something permanent full-time, not part-time or endless courses/internships all the time...

I have 6 years previous retail and abit of data entry/ Admin background. I then went an got a degree in architectural technology in 2010, thinking this was a secure future but no job since then in that area. Covered subjects like environmental, physics, structures, cad, Photoshop, contract law, history, design studio etc..

I then went onto do Java course which was interesting but I'm not the coding for hours type and tried my hand at healthcare assistant work but got flu nearly every week I worked.

Is there anyway I could take my degree off in another direction? Or should I just retrain, AGAIN...
    Any ideas/direction/help much appreciated...

Advertisement