Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let’s get the feck out of here

Options
  • 30-01-2020 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

The world is your oyster. I mean, you mightn’t be the biggest fan of oysters, except if they are smothered in Tabasco sauce, and then the point of the oyster is kind of moot as it becomes just slimy Tabasco, but it’s still ok.

What would you do?

If you had, technically, the opportunity to just feck off for a few months, and throw the structured life to the wind.

Would you do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

I would find it almost impossible, I already struggle to take a weeks holidays abroad, not because my work is demanding or I have other commitments, I just always try to convince myself I don't deserve to go and that I should be working or out hunting for a better job or something or improving my life in some other way instead of enjoying myself,, Its not a great attitude to have but here we are.

Basically I say I would love to go travelling but I would torture myself over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Would you do it?

Done it, highly recommend it

took a month off to hostel/rail around europe a while back.

wasnt expensive once planned out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

WrenBoy wrote: »
    I would find it almost impossible, I already struggle to take a weeks holidays abroad, not because my work is demanding or I have other commitments, I just always try to convince myself I don't deserve to go and that I should be working or out hunting for a better job or something or improving my life in some other way instead of enjoying myself,, Its not a great attitude to have but here we are.

Basically I say I would love to go travelling but I would torture myself over it.

My attitude is you work to live not live to work. It's the stuff that happens outside of work in most people's cases that will define their lives.

My attitude is you work to live not live to work. It's the stuff that happens outside of work in most people's cases that will define their lives.

yes....but. ...work pays for that other stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

WrenBoy wrote: »

Yeah. This is kind of how I think. Work is the most important thing, but maybe I could take a month off and do something, and never regret it.

It’s not a great attitude at all - not being able to step off of the treadmill - but it is how it is. I can afford it, and just take a step back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Can you mind the kids?

Advertisement