Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women lead when shopping

• 28-01-2020 12:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5

Is it always the woman that walks in front when a couple is shopping? What do you think when you see a man tagging along after a woman as they do the shopping? Even in relationships where the man is in charge, the woman still seems to walk in front.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,535 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

He's probably dragging his heels wishing he wasn't there.

Having said that, I've never noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Shopping centres be full of landmines of the ridiculous noise.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭eastie17

oh!
    I thought this thread was about a new fashion accessory you could make your woman wear while shopping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Show them a mirror and they can deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If somebody’s ‘in charge’ it’s not a relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭con747

A couple of iffy posts there, but generally I would push the trolley and most of the time ask the other half to "move along" in a nice way when she stops and stares at something to long. Neither of us is usually in front though, it's a kind of where are you event most of the time!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

So I can watch her bum wiggle. Pretty obvious really.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Is it a GMO?

Now I get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

If it was me leading the way, we'd be straight out the door so makes sense for her to do it. I hate shopping with a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

With food shopping, I lead from the back, as a good leader should with full control over the trolley and therefore a veto on what goes into the trolley. Letting her wander off around the shop gives the illusion of control to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I don't understand half the time why couples need to go shopping together. If it's for kids etc fair enough but just wandering around browsing with your man wandering behind with a head on him like a 5 year old at mass. Why not seperate and when she's done shopping she can call and meet up. My ex who was quite controlling and tried to decide my day minute by minute would've hated me going with her. I'll go look at the tvs love or head for a quick pint give us a bell when you're done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

I don't understand half the time why couples need to go shopping together. If it's for kids etc fair enough but just wandering around browsing with your man wandering behind with a head on him like a 5 year old at mass. Why not seperate and when she's done shopping she can call and meet up. My ex who was quite controlling and tried to decide my day minute by minute would've hated me going with her. I'll go look at the tvs love or head for a quick pint give us a bell when you're done.

For non-food shopping, I agree. It takes approximately half a second for me to become excruciatingly bored shopping with her. As such, I pop off to do my own thing and we arrange to meet in half an hour or whenever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

My idea of hell is a womens clothes shop.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,460 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is it always the woman that walks in front when a couple is shopping? What do you think when you see a man tagging along after a woman as they do the shopping? Even in relationships where the man is in charge, the woman still seems to walk in front.

this will go well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

And hide your horn when she bends over the frozen foods or when you see the young one stretching up when packing the shelves

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

322.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

of course they'd lead, they know their way around the shops, I'm only there for the heavy lifting, or getting things off high shelves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

OP seems to be led astray.

No harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Yes, women are like lead when shopping. It's so hard to shift them out of the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

shopping is terrible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You again!!!

Even in relationships where the man is in charge??? Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Imagine you badly needed to take a shiṫ, and you were trying to find the jacks in a shopping centre...

*women finding clothes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Why do couples shop together?

I prefer to do the weekly big shop. Make a list, earphones in with a podcast, stick to the list and get the things you need that aren't on the list. Job's a good'n.

I end up shopping with the Mrs for clothes very rarely. Usually when we go shopping for something in particular for me and she looks for something in particular for herself. But she knows better than to bring me for hours of her shopping for clothes for herself. That's pointless for us both so we don't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

322.jpg

That's misleading. The route does not show her returning to the original shop to buy the first pair she tried on that day after 3 hours looking at others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

And.... OP is banned

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I detest shopping myself. Outside of a couple of examples I've never really noticed the man/woman difference in shopping. Must have been lucky. :D Though I've one mate and he'd give me a coronary if I had to go to a supermarket with him. I'm in and out in ten minutes, he'd saunter around for an hour to get a can of beans. His missus would agree with me and leaves him to it. In every other respect he'd be no bother, but shopping...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement