Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What will we spend the Apple money on?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

How much was it again, €12 billion or so? Here's how I think the government will spend it, or to be more precise, where they will spend it on.

Dublin: 90%
    Own pockets: 9%
    Rest of country: 1%

Or am I 'slightly' too pessismistic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

jaxxx wrote: »
    How much was it again, €12 billion or so? Here's how I think the government will spend it, or to be more precise, where they will spend it on.

Dublin is the driver of the irish economy. It is where the Greater population of ireland live so why not spend the majority of it on Dublin ? Own pockets I presume the people you voted in you are refering to ? Dont vote such people in the future. Why not ru n for government yourself ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

jaxxx wrote: »

Dublin is the driver of the irish economy. It is where the Greater population of ireland live so why not spend the majority of it on Dublin ? Own pockets I presume the people you voted in you are refering to ? Dont vote such people in the future. Why not ru n for government yourself ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I don't know what Apple Irish wage bill is every year? 10 million or 20 million less than that, how much exactly are we losing if we decided to take the money? 13 billion is a lot of money to ignore.

If we actually see that kind of money. I would be investing it in developing local businesses that will hire people who are on the dole queue. Private industry is never going to solve the unemployment crisis in this country. Publically owned businesses need to be developed. We are too reliant on foreign investment. Borrowing is crippling this country we need more people working the better the country can sustain itself. 13 billion invested in local industry and businesses would in no time fix unemployment. There 7 billion potential customers in the world surely we can develop products other nations need?

I would also use 1 billion to improve the Internet network in this country to improve trade and social activities.

Look at the likes of Irish rail and bus eireann losing money hand over fist. Public businesses my arse. Use it to cut taxes like VAT. Make us more competitive. Give tax breaks to companies that hire workers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

cnocbui wrote: »
    The only thing that money should be spent on is paying off National debt, which currently stands at €207 billion, or €43,431 hanging over the heads of every man woman and child in the country.
    This, so we're not fecked when the next recession hits.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What should we spend it on?

What would give the most benefit to the most amount of people?
    Underfloor heating on all roads!

Melt this poxy snow off so we can all get around.

Advertisement