Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair “deal of all deals”

Options
  • 23-09-2020 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

As per Ryanair app: “The deal of all deals is on its way! Starts at 12.01am, who said you don’t get anything for free”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cavanman..

cavanman.. wrote: »
    As per Ryanair app: “The deal of all deals is on its way! Starts at 12.01am, who said you don’t get anything for free”

See attached screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

It's buy one get one free according to twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

O'Leary must be losing his bollox.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Actually wait until Micky gets the idea of including a CoVid test in the add-ons when trying to book a flight. Flight €0.99, Seat €7.99, Luggage €19.99, Mandatory Swab €299.99, Scratch card €2.....

Not much good if there are still change fees. I book Aer Lingus all the time now as they waived the fees. That is way more persuasive than cheap seats in the current climate. There are flights I have changed literally 4 or 5 times. Complete flexibility and a great encouragement to book

Ryanair advertised no change fees a while back, but the exclusions made it very hard to change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

who said you don’t get anything for free”

Well those ****ers likely got free money by investing in all the money they got from the public they weren't refunding.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Of all the countries on our Green List, only Poland admits us without restrictions currently, so its not a great deal of use!

Not much good if there are still change fees. I book Aer Lingus all the time now as they waived the fees. That is way more persuasive than cheap seats in the current climate. There are flights I have changed literally 4 or 5 times. Complete flexibility and a great encouragement to book

Ryanair advertised no change fees a while back, but the exclusions made it very hard to change
    I changed a flight for free just a few days ago and no charge for change is mentioned throughout their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,126 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Book a flight to somewhere and get a free one.

And not be allowed to fly and have to wait months to get a voucher refund?

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I changed a flight for free just a few days ago and no charge for change is mentioned throughout their website.

Has to be 7 days before the takeoff date, learned that the hard way, when our beloved government decided to remove Italy from the green list the day after we were due to fly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

NIMAN wrote: »
    And not be allowed to fly and have to wait months to get a voucher refund?

They improve on refunds, I had a booking canceled, the flight out was for the middle of August with return 1st week of September, the return flight was canceled in the middle of August, I applied for a refund, I was offered a voucher a week later that I declined, I got the refund about 10 days ago, so less than a month from the request to getting the actual refund.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

They'll only refund a cancelled flight though, right?

If they fly you're out of luck.

In this time - here is no way I'd book anything with Ryanair.
    Aer Lingus offered me a voucher for my flights in August long no questions, while people I know got zip for Ryanair flights in July and August.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,373 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If I ever book a flight again with Ryanair it will be using PayPal, the credit card companies fooked people over looking for refunds which Ryanair delayed by months, PayPal sided more with the consumer for fast refunds.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Half price flights. Must fly before the end of the year.

You have to change a week before, which isn’t much hood when things are so fast moving. You can change Aer Lingus on the day of the flight, as many times as you want, and even change it after you’ve checked in

For me that is a greater incentive to book than a cheap ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 81,373 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Buy one flight get a 2nd on the same flight for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Its very restricted though. Mainly midweek

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

After the battle I had with RA to try get a refund for a flight they cancelled for almost a grand, I'll do all I can going forward to never travel with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭mcgragger

why would anyone want to fly anywhere other than for essential work?
    I wont be getting on a plane again until I can visit a place like the way we used to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

mcgragger wrote: »
    I wont be getting on a plane again until I can visit a place like the way we used to

Because chances are the place you visit will be a lot safer and a lot more relaxed than this place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Because chances are the place you visit will be a lot safer and a lot more relaxed than this place.

Currently only Poland on our Green list will let you in without testing and/or quarantine restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

Travel between 25th Sept and 14th December. The peak of the incoming 2nd wave.

Half price (or buy one get one free) means you are just going to lose half the money you would have lost yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

touts wrote: »

Half price (or buy one get one free) means you are just going to lose half the money you would have lost yesterday.

More like you will actually get to use one flight potentially if booked soon. Then second flight you won't get to use as they know you will space it out towards the end of the year when the wave is most likely to hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

mcgragger wrote: »

There are actually plenty of idiots booking flights to nowhere at the moment - take off and land at the same airport after maybe 4 or 5 hours in the air - just because they miss the experience of flying.

Fools and their money!

touts wrote: »

Some of us can travel without being irresponsible.
    I've be happily travelling to Ireland in coming weeks and months.
    Mandatory tests when returning and possible self-isolation for a highly unlikely positive test are not an issue for me.
    There are huge numbers of people who have been putting off travel and these promotions are bargains for us.
    The biggest problem is that the choice of flights is very much reduced as all carriers have been scaling back services.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭gipi

cronos wrote: »
    More like you will actually get to use one flight potentially if booked soon. Then second flight you won't get to use as they know you will space it out towards the end of the year when the wave is most likely to hit.

The deal is buy one, get a second for the same flight free - so "bring a friend for free".

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thefa

This condition limits the benefits for those wanting more than a few days:

Promotion only available on Value fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭mcgragger

Like where - I would love a holiday but not going to do it when the Covid is still around and everywher I would fancy going would be subject to Covid rules.
    There are actually plenty of idiots booking flights to nowhere at the moment - take off and land at the same airport after maybe 4 or 5 hours in the air - just because they miss the experience of flying.

Fools and their money!

Madness. Going to an airport with all this going on is not my idea of fun
    Some of us can travel without being irresponsible.
    I've be happily travelling to Ireland in coming weeks and months.
    Mandatory tests when returning and possible self-isolation for a highly unlikely positive test are not an issue for me.
    There are huge numbers of people who have been putting off travel and these promotions are bargains for us.
    The biggest problem is that the choice of flights is very much reduced as all carriers have been scaling back services.

If you need to travel thats fine but as a leisure traveller that likes city breaks there is no reason for me to go anywhere. Dublin is dead and if thats an indication of other cities then feck it I will stay at home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I'm sure a lot of destinations would be OK to visit but I would not like to spend any time cooped up in an airplane right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Has to be 7 days before the takeoff date, learned that the hard way, when our beloved government decided to remove Italy from the green list the day after we were due to fly.

Yeh, our government were at fault for an increase of cases in Italy :rolleyes:

Advertisement